Beta 6 Coming Soon

hassata

As 636_Castle said, it isn't a conspiracy.

ED has exactly zero obligation to us to deliver the next beta build "on time"....zero. Their focus is (as it should be) on delivering a completed, polished game for retail, not packaging interim builds to hold us over until launch.

They're not making a single extra dime from letting us have a sneak preview of the game.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No what sucks is the bad and getting worse response from ED, yes we paid money for a pre release or whatever you want to call it,

EtherealIN I'm sorry your not flying but trying to answer questions online but I'm NOT flying either because Beta 4 has to many problems for me to keep flying, it crashes on various counts so I believe I have just cause to comment and ask for NEWS UPDATE's , I'm not even asking when the next Beta is coming out, all I'm asking for is that WE who have spent $60 on a pre purchased download are kept in the loop as to what is happening. I'm not trying to annoy any one, I just would like a news update,

Thank you for your time, (and I am not being sarcastic)

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

Time to disperse people! No more Hasselhoff pictures to see, he's too drunk to make another appearance.

I'm going to grab a bite to eat before my next sortie...

I presume you are finally going to fly with us then? :D

I7920/12GBDDR3/ASUS P6T DELUXE V2/MSI GTX 960 GAMING 4G /WIN 10 Ultimate/TM HOTAS WARTHOG

The wife's not really the problem; it's the not being able to drink beer until tomorrow because that damned diet! That would make the wife much more tolerable.

Drink Scotch lol

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

WE who have spent $60 on a pre purchased download

Hey, I did that too. ;)

But anyway, yes, I understand the frustration but it's not up to me to decide what gets said and what doesn't. What I get annoyed at is the conspiracy theories and complete reinterpretations of the deal that was made during the purchase. It reminds me too much of people who get pissed off at not getting to do X with "their game" that "they bought" just because they don't understand the distinction between buying "the game" (which colloquially is what we all did) and buying "a license to use the game" (which is what we actually did).

But anyways, I can't give any news because well - it's not up to me. But what I can do is reassure you that there is nothing weird afoot. All the guys are working hard and there are reasons (good reasons) why not much is said officially. (Cross-refer to how ED is always very careful with making statements - people have a tendency to over-analyze them, misunderstand and then get pissed off when their interpretation didn't turn out to be right.) Have faith, add some patience, and we'll all get our due. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

All I wanted to know. Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MSI GT72 6QD Core i7 6700HQ 2.6GHz-3.5GHz - 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVidia GTX970M 3GB DDR5 - 256 GB M.2. SATA SSD + 1TB HDD 7200 RPM - 17.3" 1920 x 1080 Full-HD IPS Screen - Trackir 5 - HOTAS Warthog

Ethereal

Can I Pm you please ?

Am I an abusive idiot ?

@EtherealN

The solution would be to release 2 versions, one final product and one beta6 for people who are complaining too much about not receiving the beta6 :idea:

Edited by LukeSky
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 64bit, Core I7 950, Nvidia GTX 260, 6 gig RAM, TIR 5, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Logitech attack3 :(

Ethereal

Can I Pm you please ?

Of course, go ahead. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

I found something about the new mirror implementation :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq0JcQ1dOwU&feature=player_embedded

That video make me dream at the summer. In here we need sun and warmer temperature. Still 4 freezing months to go :cold:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 64bit, Core I7 950, Nvidia GTX 260, 6 gig RAM, TIR 5, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Logitech attack3 :(

I'm happy to partake in the beta. I'm also happy to have pre-ordered. I dont think ED owes me anything right now (apart from a golden Warthog sometine in the future).

The beta is a process, and up until a few weeks ago there seemed to be a fairly free flow of information from ED. The last "official" update from Wags was two weeks ago, suggesting "real soon now".... which results in the entire community logging into the forums daily to check, and then they have to try and search through a bunch of different threads (now confined to this thread, if they can find it and 170 pages long), then they start posting crap and a few of the wingnuts start making arbitary demands, making the beta process look bad.

I'd suggest that ED could short circuit that by keeping us in the loop, and contiune that same communication that they started - which helped create the enthusiastic community that is here.

I dont care about delays, by definition a beta is about finding bugs. And I also think the community gets it.

So please keep making great sims :)

Edited by Thermal
first try sounded unintentionally cold
  • Like 1

@EtherealN

The solution would be to release 2 versions, one final product and one beta6 for people who are complaining too much about not receiving the beta6 :idea:

Nah, the funnier solution would be to release beta7. :D

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Sigh...

...why do we have to keep saying this? There is no such thing, nor have there ever been, a "paid open beta". There is the option of pre-ordering the product and as a thankyou you get a beta code.

Exactly how is this different to, say, the Bad Company 2 release? Call of Duty? And about five billion other titles? Where were the conspiracy theories then? Be careful or you might convince the people in charge that it's easier to just not have any pre-order option for the next product.

Sigh...

...I mischose my words and I'll go back and edit the sentence. As you can see from my post previous to the one you quote, I'm aware that this is a pre-purchase. None of my posts have been about asking where my $60 went, or have anything to do with a feeling of getting slighted. I plan on re-purchasing the boxed version when it's out simply to support the cause, plus a hard copy manual if made available.

Hey, I did that too. ;)

But anyway, yes, I understand the frustration but it's not up to me to decide what gets said and what doesn't. What I get annoyed at is the conspiracy theories and complete reinterpretations of the deal that was made during the purchase. It reminds me too much of people who get pissed off at not getting to do X with "their game" that "they bought" just because they don't understand the distinction between buying "the game" (which colloquially is what we all did) and buying "a license to use the game" (which is what we actually did).

But anyways, I can't give any news because well - it's not up to me. But what I can do is reassure you that there is nothing weird afoot. All the guys are working hard and there are reasons (good reasons) why not much is said officially. (Cross-refer to how ED is always very careful with making statements - people have a tendency to over-analyze them, misunderstand and then get pissed off when their interpretation didn't turn out to be right.) Have faith, add some patience, and we'll all get our due. :)

Thank you.

Nah, the funnier solution would be to release beta7. :D

Didn't I say that!?:smilewink:

Edited by 3poch

Just curious, do any of you people work? I am asking that in a nice and respectable way, but I see so many members posting so often, I wonder what you do for a living. Where are my tax dollars going? :huh: I hope you aren't government (no matter what nation) employees sitting at your computer when you are supposed to be working. You can't all be retired. ;)

"To most people, the sky is the limit. To those who love aviation, the sky is home."-----anonymous

This is actually chit chat forum so while I appreciate the heads up my avatar says it all... still waiting. And I am SO HAPPY you put a stop to Mowers' Hoff pics. Like someone else posted "What has been seen cannot be unseen!" I would be a happy camper if it could! Keep up the good work and thanks again for the info. Back to the stick...

AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor 3.4 GHz

32 Gb RAM, Nvidea GTX 1050 TI

Water Cooled, Windows 10 64 bit

When you read this post Dane then you will know what I do for a living, thats why it's there so people can see .... IF they bother to look

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Mower not civil ...... blasphemy !!!! of course he is

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Just curious, do any of you people work? I am asking that in a nice and respectable way, but I see so many members posting so often, I wonder what you do for a living. Where are my tax dollars going? :huh: I hope you aren't government (no matter what nation) employees sitting at your computer when you are supposed to be working. You can't all be retired. ;)

I'm working 3 -4 days a week and some weeks not at all. I'm working outside and if it rain, I can't, If it snow I can't. If it's below -15 celcius I can't work too. So, I have plenty of time to study programming, learn flying in real world, chit chatting in the "where is the damn beta6" thread, sleeping etc, etc...

But, I'm doing often 40 hours in 4 days.

So, I'm earning my money.

More than the guy living below my apartment and who:smoke:all the day and night long. I wonder how the Fuc**** smell pass through his ceilling, I'm really fed up of that smell. I'm about to :bash: him.

Edited by LukeSky

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]