Updated Files
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| XPS 730 | Q9450 (12M Cache, 3.6 GHz, 1800 MHz FSB) |

| 790i SLI | GTX 570 SC | 8GB (4x2) DDR3 1800MHz |

| SoundBlaster XFi | 2x Samsung 1GB HD | 24" Dell ULtrasharp |

| TrackIR 5 | Logitech G940 HOTAS |

Hi RedBaron,

Good layout and good picture... Will help SimNewbies like me to set up the joystick :)

There is a little mistake on P4... The modiefier doest the same as without the modifier ;)

Do you mind sharing your profiles? Are you using the Logitech Profiler for anything or is everything in the ingame controls?

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

Nice Find swissMAG!

Corrected and re-uploaded.

I don't use the profiler I just map the buttons in game and use it's modifier functions. It works well and it's one last program to have loaded.

I'll post my config later today.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

In the Options > Controls there is a button on the bottom left to add a modifier. Click it and then click the add modifier button. Once that dialog pops up click the button on the joystick you want to use. Make sure you use modifier and not a Switch.

Then when assigning buttons you can add that modifier to any switch to double your buttons! :-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice job RB, I did just about the same thing.I used the stic's S1,2and 3 for Radio and Boat switch. In game is the way to go on setting up g940.What setup do you use on your Axes Deadspace and curves?again nice job.:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Hey Rap, Did you add it to the button as well? Once you create it you need to set it up on the key as well. In the add a key section of the options.

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

As Slowhand said, after you add/enable a 'base' modifier to the controls profile, you must apply it to each individual function you want to use it on. When setting the functions from the 'assign' pop-up I was able to actually hold the modifier button and then press the other button and it was captured.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

As Slowhand said, after you add/enable a 'base' modifier to the controls profile, you must apply it to each individual function you want to use it on. When setting the functions from the 'assign' pop-up I was able to actually hold the modifier button and then press the other button and it was captured.

Yeah I got to that part my problem is when I go to assign it I press the Modifier Button and its not showing as a Modifier. Not like Say Right Shift would.

I came I saw I got blown up by a SA-8:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.firstfighterwing.com/forums/content.php

hey,Rap We all start some where. so you ask away.You just drop tht lua file into the main DCS folder.

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

it can be saved where y want, because when you load profile you can spot where the LUA file is. When i trye to load this .LUA file my all Joystick defaults go to blank, not assiggments to buttos at all that's all, i think this is beta fault and loading is not working right??

Jani

I have the same problem. My cougar MFD's use joystick ID 1 and 2. My G940, 3,4 and 5. When I save a profile and load it again, the keyboard mappings are removed and replaced with the joystick mappings (ID3). And both cougar MFD's (ID1 and ID2) are mapped according ID4 and ID5. So all the mappings are moved to the left.

Also after editing the profile for about 15min the program crashes when clicking on the description on the left. I had to do it three times to finally got it right. Tip: pressing OK frequently and start options again also saves the mappings.

[sigpic][/sigpic]

Specs and Hardware:

Win7 x64 Enterprise | i5 3570k OC'ed@4.5Gz | MSI GTX 660 TI OC 2GB | 16GB | Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H | Crucial M4 128GB SSD (OS) | Samsung 830 SSD 256GB (Dedicated to FSX) | Samsung 1TB | Acer 27" Monitor | TrackIR 4 | Logitech DiNovo MX-Laser Desktop | 27" Acer S273HL | Hotas Warthog and Cougar | Cougar MFD | Toshiba portege M205-s810 Tablet-PC for charts, touchbuddy etc. Win7 32 bit [/b]

Here is a new version (influenced by Frederf's TM Sheet) with Descriptions of each function:

g940_controller_layout_a10c_v2.jpg

Also available as a PDF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I still thinking how i can load this ready .Lua file :(

I mean when i load my all joystick assigment's goes to blank, when i look ED's G940 luaprofiles there is 3 different LUA file one for joystick, Throttle and pedals??

Jani

Edited by Kankkis

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say Thank You to RedBaron.

The new one, is even better.

I couldn't load the profile either (just had empty columns afterwards), so I configured everything manually... Was working fine except the many CTD while doing it (and loosing the settings again :megalol:).

Really appreciate your work you have done. :thumbup:

Best regards

Intel I9 10900k @5.1GHz | MSI MEG Z490 Unify | Corsair Vengeance 64GB - 3600MHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3
VPC T-50 Base /w Viper & Hornet Grip | VPC Rotor TCS Pro w/ Hawk-60 Grip | TM TPR
LG C2 42" | Reverb G2 | TIR 5 | PointCtrl | OpenKneeboard

NP swissMAG. Hope it helps. The visuals help me remember positions and functions. I've got it pretty much memorized now!:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there. I see you use slew on your mini-stick. I have never gotten to make this work right in either Black Shark or A-10c. If I use the DCS profiler it will most of the time not recenter properly. it will "stick" VERY OFTEN somewhere on the x-axis between 70 and 5 percent off center whenever I release the ministick.

This results in the diamond flying off into the distance if you are not carefull. Because it thinks its still being slewn. I have given up on setting ministick to slew and I use it now as the trimmer by assigning keypresses to the left and right axis on the x axis in the G940 software and offcourse the same applies for the y-axis. I have to set up a 70 percent deadzone and someone else has luck with dividing it into 3 bands and so on.

What have you done to make this work correctly? I am using the latest firmware. Thanks

Edited by kingpinda