RedBaron's G940 Profile

Thanks once again Bartleby i have checked my key commands everything looks great i even downloaded the .LUA files cashman uploaded and still having the same issue.

I7 4770K@4.5 GHZ, Gigabyte Z87X-OC FORCE, 24GB Ram, Aorus GTX 1080 TI extreme edition, 500 GB SSD,120 GB SSD , 2TB HDD, Corsair H80i, Win 7 Ultimate 64bit, Logitech G940,TrackIR 5 + Pro Clip

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks once again Bartleby i have checked my key commands everything looks great i even downloaded the .LUA files cashman uploaded and still having the same issue.

That is very strange, then. So, to make sure I have it right, the joy hat switch works normally with the modifier but without it acts as the pitch and roll axis? Hm. I don't actually use his profile, so a few general thoughts:

Maybe it's trim? Make sure they're not assigned to the same key

Try setting the A-10 profile to global in the Logitech profiler

Are you using the throttle mode switch? Maybe you have a different assignment between them

Try changing the TMS keystrokes and reassigning them

Try resetting your joysticks as I posted above and redoing the profile

Check axis assignments in-game and make sure there's only one assignment for pitch and roll

Are there keystrokes for pitch and roll? Can't remember, but check and make sure those aren't what you're using

Maybe post a quick track showing the issue, too, and we can see what's going on.

DCS Wiki! :book:

• 4 weeks later...

Good hotas system, if you want go away from problems, program it youself in the game menus, same time you learn where is dms and so on, try it, i programmed my g940 and it takes about 20 minutes. Then when you have flyed it about 20 hours you know what to change to where.

Want to thank the RedBaron for posting these great G940 layout graphics.

Just started into the flight sim genre this week and definately bit off more than expected with the DCS Warthog sim.

I had a few keys I could not find when using the multiple lighting.

P6:

Default Lights Key?

Lights Off Key?

Throttle:

Which Exterior Lights Off?

Which Exterior Lights On?

Edited by ProtoPC

I haven't seen this mentioned in here so I'll add something. I wanted to get the engine star commands to work by just moving the throttle forward to roughly idle position, and to shut down engines by pulling the throttle full back. I achieved this by mapping a zone command for each throttle and for the bottom 10% of travel, set this to the engine stop command, then set the next 15% to engine start command, for both left and right throttles. This works very nicely, and you can just bump the throttle forward slightly to start each engine.

The only difficulty I find with this is you have to move the throttle past the start command zone or it will interfere with other binder commands, so I added a small scale on the left and right of the throttle base to help me determine if I'm in on, off, or regular travel.

EDIT: hmm now I realise when I start the left engine it somehow interferes with operation of right engine starting. I figure it is that the L ENG START command is being held or repeated, thus not allowing the right engine to start. I tried binding the start zone commands to the shifted function, but the software is screwy and refuses to map it to shifted. Gona have to have a think. I previously had the start engines assigned to buttons on the throttle base but it really would be good to get this working.

Edited by Dimebag1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
Hi, first of all thanks for the outstanding profile Red Baron. :)

The lua files I created using this profile are in the below links. Please be aware that, in the files the profile is 90% completed so there are missing areas,(in Stick & Throttle) I'll try to upload a better version when I'm able. Personally I do not use Logitech profiler, instead I use in game controller setup screen. To load the files, be sure to clear the assignments of Joy 1, 2 & 3 at the beginning then load the relevant lua file to relevant controller and save. (If you own G940 you may already know that it's seen as 3 seperate controllers by the system, hence 3 seperate lua files.)

For Joystick

http://hotfile.com/dl/113895210/fb05bc8/CashmanG940_Joystick.lua.html

For Throttle

http://hotfile.com/dl/113895314/a5d263f/CashmanG940_Throttle.lua.html

And finally the Rudder

http://hotfile.com/dl/113895386/a1510f2/CashmanG940_Rudder.lua.html

Again, thanks Red Baron for the profile. Regards.

This profile has loaded almost perfect for me except my slew control on the joystick any ideas how to make this work. I also do not use the logitech profiler...

• 3 weeks later...
Greetings 940 users!

CB here. I have just switched from Saitek X52 over to the 940.

I have perhaps what you all will consider the stupidest rookie question imaginable.

I have the system mapped the way I THINK I like it, how do I have the profile "loaded" for the sim?

Basically, how do I start A-10 Warthog with the all the macros and commands in the system ready to fly?

Are you using the Logitech profiler or in-game bindings?

nevermind.... got that up...

What's with the weak Y axis in the 940? I can't pull out of a dive very well at all. The damn thing wants to roll itself all the time.

Must be me.

Somewhere here was a manual or a post which stated how you have to configure the axis in A-10 with the G940, i'll have to look at home if I can find that file or whatever, after adjusting it on my G940 everything works fine so far...

only for the trim-wheels i've no solution so far, anyone here?

• 2 weeks later...
This profile has loaded almost perfect for me except my slew control on the joystick any ideas how to make this work. I also do not use the logitech profiler...

Hi jtarkel, if the slew you mention is about the views, it's not in the profile since I have TrackIR doing that job. To have the slew ability you have to change some button assignments. If you have problem doing this, give me a heads up and I'll try to help. Regards.

AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2 Ghz, 16Gb 1333 DDR3, Ati 2 Gb 6950, Logitech G940, TM Cougar MFD, Saitek Yoke and other GA stuff....

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Re: RedBaron's G940 Profile

Hi,

1).I'm new to this. Have not received the game yet. Could someone tell me what are the DCS A-10C white layouts compared to the Black G 940 Hotas Layout. Version 2. Has it anything to do with Mode button 1 -2-4 on the throttle?

2). Can I use this profile also for LockOn FC 2?

Sorry for my ignorance.

Thanks for answer

mibo

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you very much for a very nice job. I would just like to ask a question, i have imported the 3 files, and so far so good. But when it comes to the modifier i dont know what to do, when i press modify i get several options like shift, alt , how do i do it to make it correct?

Thank you very much from Forca

• 5 months later...

I've searched exhaustively for a G940 profile that includes all the necessary controls as well as camera controls for the joystick or throttle, and so far NOTHING! Can someone please help me out. I'm a total newbie with this controller, and have only flown minimally with a FLY 5. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

AMD FX8350 @ 4.2Ghz x 8, Asus M5A99FX Pro UEFI Board, 16Gb RAM @1600Mhz, EVGA GTX660 2Gb DDR5, 120Gig Corsair SSD SATA3 Boot Drive, Dual Corsair SSD FORCE 60Gig for gaming, TM Warthog HOTAS and Cougars, Saitek Proflight Pedals, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, and WAY Too much time on my hands. :pilotfly:

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Guys, Im dying here - just got a G940 nice and cheap but cannot load anyones config because they are all .lua instead of .diff.lua and it appears you cannot convert them

Can someone PLEASE upload a .diff.lua??

• 3 months later...
For sure no. Configure it yourself based on previous charts and ideas, then preserve your diffs. Do not use Logitech's software at all. Close that software and be sure is not automatically opened on PC startup.

Any reason why not? :helpsmilie:

I've been having a lot of trouble setting mine up too and a profile for a guide would be really helpful.

No profile works since the update, surely someone has something recent they can post up. :joystick:

Not understood to which part of my previous statement you are reffering with "why not" question! Why not "diff" or why not "using Logitech's software" ?

Since diff files have been introduced I never had any issues with profiles. Would you be please be more specific? What module are you having problems?

Edited by Abburo

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

• 4 months later...

I saved this profile in the new file format. It should be the same config as in the OP scheme. Maybe I made some minor changes, I cant remember it, it has been so long I flew the Hog. But the main controls are the same.

G940-A10C.zip

• 3 months later...
Not understood to which part of my previous statement you are reffering with "why not" question! Why not "diff" or why not "using Logitech's software" ?

Since diff files have been introduced I never had any issues with profiles. Would you be please be more specific? What module are you having problems?

I missed this post.

Why shouldn't we use Logitech software?

I only use the G940 for DCS so should I uninstall the Profiler from windows?

Thanks.

• 9 months later...