Can You Calibrate Warthog?

This may seem silly, but you are unzipping the calibration tools to a directory before using them correct? I seem to remember someone trying to run it without unzipping and getting errors and erratic behavior.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

The Warthog should calibrate in windows just fine out of the box.

If you have a new one and it is showing a constant drift after calibration, I would contact where you got it from for a replacement. That is to say, shows a constant drift in the calibration window, not just the game.

I have used the TM calibration tool for the throttle and stick in the past and really see no benefit to using it over the windows calibration - calibrate in windows should work just fine.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• 5 weeks later...

As a background my warthog was purchased as a used unit that had fallen off a table. The articulation sphere had broken, the stick wires were crushed or torn, and the magnet and its mount had broken off the stick mount. After ordering a new articulation sphere, replacing the wires, and epoxying the magnet mount back on, I ended up with a stick that would not go more than ~86% aft on the y axis. This is probably a really rare issue with how many things had opportunity to shift slightly during the repair.

After some searching I came across this thread and used the 1.13 calibration tool which gave me full deflection in every direction, along with a whole new issue. With using the TM calibration tool my stick would sit centered but give a 63% y axis value and a 53% x axis value.

The final solution was to use the Logitech DXTweak2 that hakjar recommended in post 70 on the last page. After downloading the 64bit version of the program from Force Dynamics here I was able to manually enter the center and upper limit values in order to apply them. Once applied the joystick now shows the correct positions in DIView and in game.

If you are fighting with calibrating a stick, don't give up hope, there might still be a solution to salvage it.

Thank You for uploading the calibration tools !!! When I try to fly the Dora and let go

of the joystick, she vears to the left really bad. Now that I have read Yours and other

peoples numbers, I will be able to see what mine are and hope the calibration tool

will help me with the Dora.

• 9 months later...

After using TM throttle calibration tool v 1.07 I still cant get 100% thrust in A10c (DCS world 1.5) but I get engines off when I pull dual throttle to 0. I thought that engines going off when pull Throtlle head up and back??? Right? Pls help

Asus H97 PRO--I7-4790 3.60-4.00 ghz Haswell
--
Cooler Master Hyper 103
--
16gb Kingston HyperX Fury black 1866mhz
--
ZOTAC AMP extreme gtx 1080 ti
--
SSD Kingston HyperX Fury 120 Gb
--
Samsung EvO 850 500gb
--
TM Warthog
--
Cooler MAster V 750
--
Plantronics 500HD

After using TM throttle calibration tool v 1.07 I still cant get 100% thrust in A10c (DCS world 1.5) but I get engines off when I pull dual throttle to 0. I thought that engines going off when pull Throtlle head up and back??? Right? Pls help

You are aware, that the A-10C does not operate the engines at 100% rpm?

Normal N1 rpm maximum should be around 82-85% in real life.

In DCS it is modeled at about 82-83%.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Hmmm I didnt change anything,but I can pull up a dual throttles up and back for engine cut off,problem is in flight if I pull throttles without pull it up/back to off position engine stops working

Послато са D6503 уз помоћ Тапатока

Asus H97 PRO--I7-4790 3.60-4.00 ghz Haswell
--
Cooler Master Hyper 103
--
16gb Kingston HyperX Fury black 1866mhz
--
ZOTAC AMP extreme gtx 1080 ti
--
SSD Kingston HyperX Fury 120 Gb
--
Samsung EvO 850 500gb
--
TM Warthog
--
Cooler MAster V 750
--
Plantronics 500HD

• 5 months later...
Hi Miner

Have you tried calibrating your joystick using Windows built in calibation tool?

Best hint ever!

Used Win7 calibration tool and now my stick is centered again :thumbup:

All others like TM calibrationsoftware did´nt work

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

• 2 years later...
UPDATE:

Our good people at TM have fixed the issue with the calibration tool "hanging" and not accepting an input command.

So as of now I am running a nicely centred HOTAS.

This is version 1.13: [ATTACH]56718[/ATTACH]

I would also like to say a thank you to Thrustmaster support and I can recommend their products, not only because of the quality but also their support is excellent.

Thanks received my Warthog Hotas yesterday and noticed the tendency to the right. Now perfectly center the X axis was of :thumbup:

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog Throttle Calibration Issues

Hello,

I cant seem to calibrate my Throttle. First i have used the windows calibration tool.

The Levers work in reverse so pushing forward is decresing and visa versa. In game it can be reverted but this isnt how it should work.

Second... when the Windows calibration tool initate, it indicates the throttle beeing already at 50% while it is fysically its idle 0%

When opening up the throttle, (Windows is at 50% but fysically 0%) and reach only 50% fysically, Windows has reched 100% already leaving alot of unused fysical space for the levers.

Mind you the right throttle travels normally with windows( perfectly synchroniced).

In Dcs and the THMW analyzer tool its the same thing. It initiates also with 50%.

I used the Thrustmaster Calibration tools for Joystick 1.11/1.13 and for Throttle 1.07 but now

the behavior in the analyzer has changed now both levers go from 0 to 100%

Any ideas ?

• 1 year later...
On 6/28/2020 at 1:48 AM, Clyber said:

Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog Throttle Calibration Issues

Hello,

I cant seem to calibrate my Throttle. First i have used the windows calibration tool.

The Levers work in reverse so pushing forward is decresing and visa versa. In game it can be reverted but this isnt how it should work.

Second... when the Windows calibration tool initate, it indicates the throttle beeing already at 50% while it is fysically its idle 0%

When opening up the throttle, (Windows is at 50% but fysically 0%) and reach only 50% fysically, Windows has reched 100% already leaving alot of unused fysical space for the levers.

Mind you the right throttle travels normally with windows( perfectly synchroniced).

In Dcs and the THMW analyzer tool its the same thing. It initiates also with 50%.

I used the Thrustmaster Calibration tools for Joystick 1.11/1.13 and for Throttle 1.07 but now

the behavior in the analyzer has changed now both levers go from 0 to 100%

Any ideas ?

Have you checked the "in game" settings?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] AEF Flesh | 161 SQN

System: 965BE / 5850 Toxic / TrackIR 5 Pro / 120gb Corsair Force 3 GT / 2TB Raid10 / 6GB RAM /TM HOTAS Warthog / G13 / Combat Rudder Pedals..... and lots more :doh:

• 1 year later...

Forget about that crappy Thrustmaster tools btw. I tried a dozen times to correctly calibrate with the TM tool and it did not work out.

Simply use JoystickGremlin instead. Worked perfect on the first run. Dead center.

Tools -> Calibration

nullimage.png

Pick your stick from the dropdown menu. Leave your stick in neutral position -> click "centered"

image.png

Move your stick in a full circle slowly several times so the software can register the outer limits. Then release the stick.

image.png

Click "centered" again so the software can detect the deviation in the neutral position.

image.png

Hit "save". Have a centered stick.

JoystickGremlin: https://whitemagic.github.io/JoystickGremlin/download/

vJoy: https://sourceforge.net/projects/vjoystick/

Edited by Minhal
  • Like 1

If you are not using TARGET to tune your devices, or update firmware, you are missing the most powerful tool at your disposal. RTWFM..... There is a calibration tool for the Throttle and Stick on Thrustmaster,s site, easy as pie to use, but RTWFM...... 

You can find the calibration tool here on the forums... or here on Reddit...    

Make sure you read the instructions, when it says to unplug... unplug!... I'm using TARGET and Windows 10 64bit.

🙈🙉🙊🖖

Edited by _Hoss
  • Like 1

Sempre Fortis