ED - Give us smokes control

• ED Team

Do you think that it is possible on modern military jet without any additional controls in the cockpit?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

• ED Team
I think he means in real life ;)

I am sorry. Was forgot to mention this. Of course I mean in real life. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
well, MB339 got separate smoke controls for white and coloured, I don't know about lomac planes...

If you are about Frecce Tricolori, than they have some modifications on their planes regarding of smoke controls.

P.S.

Uhhh... I am sorry for my English. :rolleyes:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sir, you are a whiner.

I mean, come on, now you can even deceide where you want the smoke, and what colour(s) it will have! Now there are far more important things that the devs should look at besides adding an extra key for "secondary" smoke. But even if they do, someone will say they want to have smoke controls for all 12 pylons the game supports.

Creedence Clearwater Revival:worthy:

Well, if you want to do realistic airshow you need this feature too (take a look at "Frecce Tricolori Displays...") I'm not asking:"hey stop working on the sim and do my smoke control duude, there is always someone like you say that is not primary mod.. well it's primary for me and not for you.. as you request probably are secondary for me and primary for you... point of views... If they do Russian Knights Sking they need to think about formation pilots too... I just ask to put my request in the "to do" list... That would be really great for me (and for all formation teams...).

Robbie.

• ED Team

Ok. Imagine now that we did clickable cockpit. So when must be The Button for smokes? And the problem is with the current smokes control key. Actually it should be some mechanization in a cockpit or default "employment procedure" for this particular suspention type.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Do you realise that Su-27/A-10/F-15 etc has not such controls?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Olgerd ....... can you tell me which file I can change the properties of the smoke in.

I would like to change the density and display time of smoke as at the moment the smoke is very dense and lasts a very long time before disipating. I personally perfer the smoke to be a little thinner and then fade out in about half the time it does now.

Thank you in advance.

cobra_sig01.jpg

I just want to support this poor flamed guy a little :D.

Flying formations is really a big part of how I play the game with my friends. Although for some of you this might be lame. So somehow I understand his request. And it seems very easy to implement. Unfortunately I don't fly such sophisticated maneuvers where I need several colors ;).

Calling him a whiner is a bit to harsh IMO.

Although I agree that Lock-On is and will be a combat sim first and foremost, the request is not "off the wall"! Formation flying is definitely a lot harder and just as gratifying as flying combat is while and taking a bandit out in a gunzo fight. The latter I don't even do anymore, since I spend all my time doing formation work and precision flying routines. Being an old-school F4 fan and jet jock, I do like my combat sims and I understand that implementing additional smoke systems sort of falls on the back burner when it comes to priorities...

My point is, while I'm personally satisfied with the current smoke in Lock-On 1.1, it would be a nice touch to see more features added for the ever increasing number of aerobatic teams and people showing such great interest in this type of use with Lock-On! Most of these features are extremely easy to implement compared to fixing some of the various bugs with avionics, weapon geometry etc etc...

My two cents...

LawnDart

[sigpic]http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/Signatures/sig_LD.jpg[/sigpic]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Corsair 750D Case | Corsair RM850i PSU | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X CODE | 32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 |

Intel i7-8086K | Corsair Hydro H100i v2 Cooler | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW | Oculus Rift |

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty | Samsung SSD 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | WD Caviar Black 2 x 1TB |

TM HOTAS Warthog | TM Pendular Rudder | TM MFD Cougar Pack | 40" LG 1080p LED | Win10 |

Smoke mod

First of all i want to say that I think the creators of LockOn FC 1.1 did an exelent job :o

About the smoke I would love to see a mod which correct and add the following; I found that the smoke is growing very big after a while without getting thinner. That couses a dramatic drop of fps and I think it doesn't look very real. The second thing what would be very nice to inplant is a way to select different and double pilons to "fire" the smoke pods you want.

A mod what realizes this, would make LockOn FC 1.1 perfect for aerobatic lovers like me!

Greetings,

Frazer

Forum | Videos | DCS:BS Demo1 / Demo2 | YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Olgerd ....... can you tell me which file I can change the properties of the smoke in.

I would like to change the density and display time of smoke as at the moment the smoke is very dense and lasts a very long time before disipating. I personally perfer the smoke to be a little thinner and then fade out in about half the time it does now.

Thank you in advance.

You can only changed the color and position of the smoke out of the pod in the drawinfo.lua. The alpha setting in there doesn't seem to do anything at all!

There always many things to do, and this seems to be something that does not have a high priority ;)

It's important to present it to the Developers.

It's a lot more than just adding the right switch - It's about:

- buffing up another flight mode

- Making Beautiful demos that attract attention

- Showing off ED, LOMAC, and, if it's included in the LOMAC successor, building a wider audience.

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]

There always many things to do, and this seems to be something that does not have a high priority ;)

For me it has an high priority. Aerobatic makes audience, people like it! and now smoke is still flat colour looking and detail less (for example it's not so nice to see how it comes out of the pod), when using two colors they flashes too... There are many things in my opinion to be fixed, like wheels brakes axis, or airbrake axis... this is not just about combat, this is a flight sim, it should simulate flight, I've never seen an aircraft spinning in this way or bouncing in the sky as lomac does. So let' concentrate on these stuff too please and let ED decide what is high or low priority...

Robbie.