Smooth view movements?

Is it possible to have smooth view moevements as in Condor Soaring Competition Simulator? I've never seen such good head movements as in that sim, guys check it out: http://www.condorsoaring.com

Also flight model is so damn good (I consider it the best ever), I really would like to have that quality in lomac...

ED can you work more on this aspect of the sim?

Robbie.

Do you have a TrackIR? I consider Lock On to have the best viewing system ever in a comabt flight sim. You have all of the following.

- Enhanced TrackIR support

- View zoom mapable to analog axis

- programmable snap views

- excellent canopy reflections

- multiple speeds for keyboard or hat panning

- customizable view rotation limits per aircraft

- customizable zoom angle limits per aircraft

SimHQ Technology Editor

TSH member

Yes I have and I think is a nice toy but I don't use it becouse I need to read the routines while leading the formation, so it's kinda difficult to look at the papers over my desktop just with my eyes without moving the head, also I think is not realistic becouse when we look around we always look in front of us, I like to use ministick in my CH prothrottle.. but movements are so hard... On condor soaring sim they use a "mouse view button", if u don't press it, you can't move your view with trackIR or mouse.. is there something like that in lomac?

Robbie.

Also, If your TrackIR is in "enhanced" mode, it will re-center on screen, once the trackIR is re-read.

(ie... Fly... then get up from the pc and go get a cup of coffee...come back to the

PC sit down and the trackIR will center itself.. providing you didn't crash).

This started with trackIR2 with the 3.023(5?) drivers and is in the final products...

F9 is actually a "pause"...

...just a FYI incase you didn't know....

enjoy..!

Thanks,

Brett

My original post: ED can you work more on this aspect of the sim?

I think that the point of a lot of these posts is that ED doesn't need to work on this aspect, because it is already excellent.

On condor soaring sim they use a "mouse view button", if u don't press it, you can't move your view with trackIR or mouse.. is there something like that in lomac?
I suggest you use your TracKIR when flying formations and use the enable/disable or pause/unpause commands when you want to lower your head to read things on your desk. There is nothing that will activate the TrackIR when held down (althoug you can program that with a good HOTAS), but these commands toggle the TrackIR activity an and off.

If this condor sim uses a mouse view only, you will find that Lock On's enhanced mode is far better.

SimHQ Technology Editor

TSH member

I have track IR and I don't like it so much.. try condor dude, you'll see next generation of smooth movements... really man, try it, that's really much better.

I have CH fighterstick / prothrottle and propedals, I like to use the ministick but movements for me are too hard... I really like much more the way you move your head in Condor.

Anyway the idea of having track ir on/off in the hotas is good, I'll tryit.

I repost my question, ED can you work more on this aspect of the sim? (it's a question for ED guys.. don't tell me again about trackIR please).

Robbie.

I looked at video but the head movement doesn't seem as smooth as LOMAC. I must be missing something.

ATI Manta (Sapphire PC-A9RD580)

Opteron 170 @ 2.91Ghz

Mushkin XP4000 2*1G @264Mhz(3-3-2-6)

HIS X1900XTX IceQ3

TrackIR3 Pro

Ditto, its a cool glider sim but the head movements seem to jump ahead.

I don't find your comments realistic guys, I'm sorry but I have extremely smooth movements in my condor... absolutely different from lockon, whic is not smooth, when u releas the pov in lock on it stops in place, in condor gently decelerate and stops.

I think you should check your smooth settings in the options (yes there are smooth settings too), I use it at maximun value and it's so cool.

Robbie.