LOCKON went fubar on me!!!

Enven

Hello everyone,

I am having this problem. It has been approx. 4 days now. I have not been able to play LOMAC what so ever; it started this way.

1. Start the game up and Pick a mission

2. After picking the mission the game loads.

3. Games loaded and the "pause" display is up.

4. I unpause the game to start.

5. Comp randomly shuts down and reboots.

!!!! Dont know what it was so I reinstalled LOMAC. (mind you this is the only game with the problem.)

*After reinstalling LOMAC I cleaned the registry and reinstalled dx drivers and whatnot for a clean start.

Sequence after follows.

1. I start the game.

2. In the desktop tray I see LOMAC

3. I hear the Jetwash from the start of the game.

4. Nothing comes up.

5. Nothing is there completely as if I never clicked on it.

!!!Wtf!!!

I honestly have no problems with any other game except lomac as of this time. I havent had a problem with lomac prior and I dont understand what the problem is. If someone could help I would be much obliged.

Thank you,

Enven.

The Nvidia 71.89 drivers cause reboots with LOMAC and the 6XXX cards

. . . . or, check here:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc/f/99610606/m/9211016033

Try the MBM voltage check drill first. If any of your buss voltages (rails) drop too low, your computer may think it has lost a component (like a Vcard?) and just shut down. LOMAC is a load like your system has never seen! Power supplys have been fixing stuff lately. Something to try anyway.

• Like 1

Oddly the Motherboard voltages are fine; the other awkward incident is that I never got that far into playing the game. I checked and reinstalled my dx drivers; I havent touched my vid card drivers and hopefully that isnt it...lets hope

here is my comp specs.

Asus P4C800E

Ram 1.5gb

CPU p4 3.2E

Video Card - gf fx 6800ultra OC

sound - Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS (internal)

PSU - Stealth 520 Watt

2 Hd's

hopefully it isnt the power because that means it sucking away at a comp that has a lot of it..

Ok I rolled the drivers back to 71.84 to give it a shot. Game works perfect now.

This is by far the most confusing thing ever...never before has a driver messed with only one of my games.

Thanks for the resources and help DS.

Cheers,

Enven.

Yup. LOMAC’s real finicky about what goes on with “its” box. I had a freezing problem with mine and UBI tech support insisted that I unplug my CDRW drive. That wasn’t it, (they never did fix my problem) but it made as little sense as a video driver shutting down a computer, with only one program, like someone pulled the plug. Go figure! Glad you’re back on the road again.