Ka-50 gun efficiency

Tancrede

Think this other wise... Ka-50 utilizes the same gun as BMP-2.

If the gun of the BMP-2 was able to defeat armor even at 1000m, given the BMP's low profile and its speed, this vehicle would be an excellent tank hunter without even the need of an AT missile. Still, this is not the case.

The 2A42 is used against personnel or unarmored vehicles (HE rounds) or lightly armored vehicles like APCs or IFVs(Hummers, BMPs, BTRs, M113s etc.).

Once you see some heavy armor on the field and you are out of missiles you can throw him some curses, swear and give a promise that you 'll get him next time! :)

• Like 1

The 2A42 is used against personnel or unarmored vehicles (HE rounds) or lightly armored vehicles like APCs or IFVs(Hummers, BMPs, BTRs, M113s etc.).

Once you see some heavy armor on the field and you are out of missiles you can throw him some curses, swear and give a promise that you 'll get him next time! :)

I agree. Don't hesitate to use missiles for heavy armor as long you have any. Keep gun ammo for soft/medium armor targets. :)

Would / should the tank survive a high speed collision

In-SIM: No, Tank does not survive.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

I do agree that destroying a tank with the 30 mm gun is not very realistic but what interested me is the damages that you can generate to the tank, ex.: optic and laser equipments, engine, machine gun, tracks, …

Is the “secondary” damages model in this sim?

Tanks that are hit but not destroyed get degraded accuracy for their weapons and such.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Tanks that are hit but not destroyed get degraded accuracy for their weapons and such.

Just to warn "brave ones" though - if you manage to sneak upon a tank 100 m from behind it will kill you if you don't destroy it before it turns the turret in your direction :)