China passed off Top Gun footage as real exercise

leafer

Guys, please refrain from diverting into political topics. It only gets nasty.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

To be fair, the western media outlets take file footage and tries to pass it off as news broadcasts. Now this is funny:

"In 2007, Xinhua, another Chinese state broadcaster, was accused of using an X-ray image of Homer Simpson, the cartoon character, to depict a genetic link to multiple sclerosis."

homer-simpson-brain-753014.jpg

Edited by T-Bone

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus G72GX | CPU: Core 2 Duo Overclocked @ 2.9Ghz | Memory 6GB DDR2 | Graphics Card: nVidia GTX 260m 1GB | OS: Windows 7 Home Premium | Monitor: Samsung 32" LCD

LOMAC 1.0 to FC 1.12 System RIP (2003-2010) | AMD Athlon 64 3000+ overclocked to 2565MHz | NVidia Geforce 7800 GS AGP 256 MB | 1GB Kingston PC2700 DDR DRAM | Windows 2000 with SP4

So what?!

The only thing that might happen to PLA is copyright lawsuit but I guess most of Chinese industry are used to that.

It's hard to properly record real splash particullary in classified environment so using a "MiG-28" footage is somewhat justified.

In fact it had a red star, haven't you noticed?!

Too bad they didn't take "Highway to the dangerzone" for a score! I really love that song and the beautiful sound of it's '80s synth bass in first few bars! Brilliant!

LOL!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So is the MIG-28 real or not? I'm so confused :D

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Do you guys speak chinese to know for sure that the were saying that those movie clips were from a chinese fighter downing another aircraft?

I'm not trying to be mean; but sometimes news programs use whatever movies they can get to "show" or report something.

I got tired of watching news about aircrafts were they show the wrong aircraft; give wrong designations; take accounts from people that have no aviation background; or do some crappy animation showing how an aircraft crashed. Sometimes they try to create controversy when there is absolutely nothing to create controversy.

It's really just the Western and Chinese media getting into a pissing contest trying to make each other look bad. Same thing happened during the Cold War...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus G72GX | CPU: Core 2 Duo Overclocked @ 2.9Ghz | Memory 6GB DDR2 | Graphics Card: nVidia GTX 260m 1GB | OS: Windows 7 Home Premium | Monitor: Samsung 32" LCD

LOMAC 1.0 to FC 1.12 System RIP (2003-2010) | AMD Athlon 64 3000+ overclocked to 2565MHz | NVidia Geforce 7800 GS AGP 256 MB | 1GB Kingston PC2700 DDR DRAM | Windows 2000 with SP4

So is the MIG-28 real or not? I'm so confused :D
"Of course it is real! I saw it in that movie ..." This was the response of a teacher in a classroom. The question/discussion was about American pilot, Scott O'Grady. Conclusion; if it is in the Hollywood movie, that it is real!

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

CCTV is well known as using mixed video chipand music inappropriately in the news, especially in defence related news, but what are we gonna do except get used it

besides, I don't think any reporter, including CNN and AFP, can fly into a military training area and take the pictures of how the missile shoot down the target.

In fact, CNN, FOX, AFP and BBC are the MASTER OF USING MIXED PHOTOS TO ADD THEIR PREJUDICE THOUGHTS, especially in the news about the country they (or their government) don't like, such as China

The PRC is a very sad nation. Some serious issues need to be worked over there, for example: FREEDOM.

And to those who talking about "China needs freedom blahblahblah" guys: China don't need an american or canadian or any other foreigner tell us about whether we have freedom or not, so shut the crap up!

Why don't you ask the dictators of all those mid-east oil exporting countries to give their people freedom? So that's the trick: as long as those countries are loyal and useful for them, who care about freedom and other crap.

Sadly for america and it's puppy canada, China is becoming too big to handle. If you be the enemy of a country which has 1.4 billion people, I promise you, we will be your worst NIGHTMARE

• Like 2

Funny how the news media is like social media. It's like Facebook. People are quick to judge others and talk shite but only put up the best pictures of themselves. Everything is skewed. No freedom in Egypt is permitted because they let us use the Suez canal. Lol

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And to those who talking about "China needs freedom blahblahblah" guys: China don't need an american or canadian or any other foreigner tell us about whether we have freedom or not, so shut the crap up!

Why don't you ask the dictators of all those mid-east oil exporting countries to give their people freedom? So that's the trick: as long as those countries are loyal and useful for them, who care about freedom and other crap.

Sadly for america and it's puppy canada, China is becoming too big to handle. If you be the enemy of a country which has 1.4 billion people, I promise you, we will be your worst NIGHTMARE

Hey man that's how the system works. Its the whole us vs them mentality that holds us back as a species. Some politicians say one country is bad because it has no freedom and everyone jumps on the bandwagon. The Russians had it bad 20 years ago, now it's China. People need a perceived enemy to want to fight because it gives us some sense of meaning in life. Human beings are warriors by nature.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hey man that's how the system works. Its the whole us vs them mentality that holds us back as a species. Some politicians say one country is bad because it has no freedom and everyone jumps on the bandwagon. The Russians had it bad 20 years ago, now it's China. People need a perceived enemy to want to fight because it gives us some sense of meaning in life. Human beings are warriors by nature.

yap, I was a little overreacted. Politicians always say stupid things, but what shocks me is how successfully this kind of bring wash works, and at the same time they accuse we were bring washed by the commis;)

• Like 1

Do you have legal unrestricted and uncensored access to the internet in the PRC?

Case CLOSED.

• Like 2

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

I got tired of watching news about aircrafts were they show the wrong aircraft; give wrong designations; take accounts from people that have no aviation background; or do some crappy animation showing how an aircraft crashed. Sometimes they try to create controversy when there is absolutely nothing to create controversy.

I've stopped watching the news completely due to the politically charged nature of every news broadcast on every news station.

Its like blinders on a horse. You only let people see what they need to see. If they see too much they'll be harder to control. And 1.6 billion people would make whats happening in Egypt look like a joke.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've stopped watching the news completely due to the politically charged nature of every news broadcast on every news station.

Yeah I think the problem is also that extreme political views sell better because people like the let their imaginations run wild with unrealistic threats.

Chinese think that the US is encircling them and trying to contain their economic/military rise. Americans think the Chinese are a threat and want to pull a Nazi Germany 1933 by invading central Asia, colonizing Africa, invading Taiwan, and Monopolizing the South Pacific trade routes.

Anyone who ever took Economics 101 will tell you that before the politicians can get anyone to fire a shot the people with money and influence will stop them. This isn't the cold war and I don't see why people are making it out to be one.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]