F-15 speed break light ...

Anyone else having problems with the speed brake light? ... now the head position is raised it is nigh-on impossible to see the status light. Also, now head rest is shown, you can't rotate your head and look behind and see the brake position ... Also, the mirrors don't show the brake ... should they?

You should be able to see the light by zooming out and/or panning your view. BTW, it's speed brake, not break.

You can change the defauly viewing angle in one of the lua files.

SimHQ Technology Editor

TSH member

BTW Joe, its default not defauly ...

pwned :D

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Yeah, it's really hard to see it... That's bad...

Damn, you're right. I didn't realize it was tucked underneath like that.

You can change your max zoom; maybe that will help you see it better?

And as far as the "pwned" comments are concerned, I think that's pretty immature for a flight sim discussion forum...

SimHQ Technology Editor

TSH member

The sound helps, but you still have to remember its out with no way of checking easily ... its easy to land with brake out, then take of with it still out and wonder why your 15 is behaving like a Flanker ;)

• ED Team
Concerning the speed brake, increase the volume of mechanical sounds in config. It should help you to hear the brake being extended and retracted.

In the reality you do not hear speed brake at all. May be something is heard at very low volume, but I am not sure about this.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

К чему стадам дары свободы?

Их должно резать или стричь.

Наследство их из рода в роды

Ярмо с гремушками да бич.

That wouldnt really be a good idea. I mean flying aint like driving, and the majority of the times, the pilot would pop out the speed break and leave it extended for serveral moments. It would be quite some hassle having to actually hold down the button to keep it extended. As you may know, many approaches are flown with the airbreak extended all the way down.

KuostASigcopy.png

I fly the F-15 a fair bit, and i too really struggle to tell if the speed break is out or not. I find the best way is to either jump to the outside view to quickly check or look at you airspeed. You should be able to tell that way, coz if your spd brake is out and your full throttle but still not goin far, your speed indicates that its out.

But definately easier to check outside.

Best fix would to be able to use trackir 3 with full vector support, thus allowing us to move our heads forward and down a bit.

cheers

I use a "Hold Key" for speed brake, I keep the button pressed and brake is out, I release my button and brake goes in, in this way I can't forget my brake out and I always know when it's braking....

You can get this kind of control in CH, Saitek's, and thrustmaster too duuuuuude...

Robbie.