What headset you guys use ?

I havent had experience with voice recognition programs but what I CAN tell you is that after getting the G930 my friends on teamspeak all say WoW we can hear you crystal clear what mic are you using? In my experience this is the best mike I have ever owned. Hope that helps. (btw.. you can also talk in squirrel.. Giant and alien and whatnot :p)

Logitech G35's - Exactly the same as the G930's pictured above but with wires and surround sound. I originally bought some plantronics but after having them on for 10 minutes they are so inflexible that they feel like they are drilling a hole in your head

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

Logitech G35's - Exactly the same as the G930's pictured above but with wires and surround sound. I originally bought some plantronics but after having them on for 10 minutes they are so inflexible that they feel like they are drilling a hole in your head

The G930, like the G35, is advertised as having 7.1 surround sound but the only difference is the G930 is wireless. Most of the headsets I've had have died due to problems with the wires becoming fatigued, obviously that won't be a problem with this one. I'll probably be saving money in the long run! The manual says that it only has around a 10m range by memory, however there's nowhere in my house that I don't pick up a strong signal.

I love the sound quality, some say its not the optimum headset for music for instance and I'm sure that's true given the range of headsets designed for that use (although I find it more than satisfactory for music too), but for gaming and movies they're fantastic. I first tested them out on Lionel Charlet's Ice Hornets - was absolutely blown away, felt like I was at an airshow. :smilewink:

Edited by MudRat02

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The G35 has a really heavy duty braided cable. I wanted the G930's but have always had bad luck with wireless stuff. Is the battery user replaceable in the G930 after it wears out? I use my PC every day and was worried that the charge life would get shorter and shorter until you had to have it plugged in all the time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

Guys,

may be a stupid question this, but does the G930 replace your soundcard too?

Does the USB dongle become the soundcard or does it just re-route the soundcard through USB wirelessly to the headset?

• Like 1

Rig: Home Built, water cooled,i5 2500K @ 4.3Ghz, ASUS P8P67Pro Mobo, 8GB Patriot Viper 2 Sector 5 RAM, MSI Nvidia GTX970 4GB Gaming OC, 120GB OCZ Vertex 2e SSD Boot, 120GB OCZ Vertex 2e SSD Games (BS & WH), Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB other,

Samsung UE37D5000 37" LED TV,EloTouch 1600x1200 secondary, Thrustmaster Warthog No.467, Thrustmaster MFD, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR4 with Track Clip Pro.

Ex RAF Aircrew, Real Life Pilot, proud Geek and father of one :)

Has anyone hooked up the TrackIR Pro clip directly to the G930? (i.e. powered off the G930's batteries).

If I pick one up, might be my next project.

---

EDIT: Actually after reading the reveiws, I had no idea the G930 was a "sound card in a headset". I had assumed it plugged into the mic and headphone jacks. Now that I've read a few horror stories of game incompatibility and buggy software, I'll likely go with the F450 Wireless Headset. Same as the G930 without the G buttons and software. Comes with a basestation that just plugs into whatever you need (mic and headphone jacks).

Edited by Thorvald
  • Like 1

System: Win10 Pro 64bit, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 MB, Intel i& 8700K, Corsair H150i Pro Cooler, Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4 16GB, PNY NVidia 1070 GTX, Corsair MP500 & MP600 SSD, Soundblaster Audigy Rx, CM Mastercase H500P, Oculus Rift S, TM Warthogs.

I am using a Sennheiser headphone/mic combo. But I can't provide any model indication. It's just not there. :S

Same here, but mine are PC 155s (I just found the box). They are very light on the ears with excellent sound. The TrackIR clip fits snugly. It's USB/mini-jacks; the jacks plug into a USB adapter, allowing you to choose how you want to use them. The two sets of wires can be a nusiance now and again but I feel it's a fair trade-off considering the excellent speakers and microphone.

I've used VAC with this set and it performed about as well as the software can be expected to, which is to say quite well.

Edited by El_Roto
Found box for heasdset. Mystery solved!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

257th Fighting Falcons/First VFW-25th Virtual Fighter Squadron

Specs: Win7 HP 64 bit, i7-960 @ 3.2GHz, 12GB DDR3 RAM @ 1333MHz, Intel-based Alienware mobo, 256GB Samsung SSD, WD 1.0TB HD, Samsung LCD monitor @ 1920x1200, TM Warthog, SIMPED vario F-16 rudders w/brakes, R.A.T. 7 mouse, 2xMimo 7" LCDs, 2xTM Cougar MFDs, and TrackIR4 w/Pro Clip. Wife who tolerates it. Cat who thinks she can interrupt at ANY time. :doh:

Creative HS-1200 USB X-Fi Wireless Gaming Headset

84125791_640.jpg

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

Has anyone hooked up the TrackIR Pro clip directly to the G930? (i.e. powered off the G930's batteries).

---

EDIT: Actually after reading the reveiws, I had no idea the G930 was a "sound card in a headset". I had assumed it plugged into the mic and headphone jacks. Now that I've read a few horror stories of game incompatibility and buggy software, I'll likely go with the F450 Wireless Headset. Same as the G930 without the G buttons and software. Comes with a basestation that just plugs into whatever you need (mic and headphone jacks).

Can you elaborate on the creepy tales ? Or provide some link ?

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

I use a Logitech Clearchat Wireless headset. I only run the voice comms to it. I run game sounds through a set of desktop speakers.

As to the headset....I can't recommend it. The sound quality is a bit off / hissy / staticy....and when I bought it I had to send it back to logitech 3 or 4 times before I got one that worked....(I'd have to look at my notes - I honestly don't remember if I sent 3 or 4 back to them for replacement)

"Tank! I need a program for a TM Warthog!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Thermaltake V9 SECC case | Corsair RM750 PSU | Asus ROG Ranger VIII | Intel i7 6700K | 16GB 3000mhz RAM |

EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW | TrackIR 4 w/ pro clip | TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | Win 10 x64 |

Thorvald,

You must have been reading the same reviews as me then.

I dont want to get away from my Creative X-Fi soundcard and replace it with a USB dongle. All I want is a wireless headset that uses that as a source. Plus, I assume that the fact that the soundcard is in the USB dongle or headset means there is some USB overhead attached to the processing of that sound?

The F450 sounds just the ticket, but do you mean the F540?. Thanks for the steer, rep inbound. Not cheap, but with the Duracell LIPO powering the Track IR I thinks its a go-er come pay day.

---

Rig: Home Built, water cooled,i5 2500K @ 4.3Ghz, ASUS P8P67Pro Mobo, 8GB Patriot Viper 2 Sector 5 RAM, MSI Nvidia GTX970 4GB Gaming OC, 120GB OCZ Vertex 2e SSD Boot, 120GB OCZ Vertex 2e SSD Games (BS & WH), Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB other,

Samsung UE37D5000 37" LED TV,EloTouch 1600x1200 secondary, Thrustmaster Warthog No.467, Thrustmaster MFD, Saitek Pro Pedals, Track IR4 with Track Clip Pro.

I also have the G930.

Pros:

- Wireless

- Fits great on the head/around the ears

- Good build quality

- 7.1 surround

Cons:

- Doesn't make use of a soundcard (it has it's own & connects through USB). If you have a quality soundcard in your computer, buy a different headset that uses it.

- Can't go very loud, cracking will occur (though it can go loud enough)

- When no sound has been played for around 5 minutes or so, the headset goes off automatically without warning, a bit too fast to my liking.

- Price (i'm not sure the price is really worth it).

Overall it is a nice headset and I'm a happy owner :)

gaming-headset-g930.png

Forum | Videos | DCS:BS Demo1 / Demo2 | YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ummmm f540 is as expensive as the G930

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

Yes Succellus it is.

Difference being it will use my soundcard not its own on-board sound.

I'd rather pay the same price and use soundcard than pay more and have a useless soundcard in my PC, but that's probably just me. I was looking at Senheisser wireless and there on a par with the F540.

I like to keep my options open and not always use a headset. If I moved my rig to where I can plug in my real 7.1 sound system then the Headset would be defunct and I'd be short a soundcard too. This way I have both options available.

Plus, again it could be just me, but I haven't had very much success with USB soundcards in the past.

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping this up

G930 + track ir pro ?

f540 + track ir pro ?

+ use with VAC

Which is better.

I have no experience with those particular Headsets.

I use these myself (work fine with TrackClipPro) 477_seite1_1195650519.jpg

They are very comfortable, the mic is detachable, build quality is good, slightly more expensive than similar headphones but they feel like it. The sound quality is superb. Importantly, I play games/sims with lots of noise that usually kill headsets. Like racing sims with constant, loud engine sounds. Also (obviously) flight sims too, so far I have yet to hear any disortion or speaker damage at loud or low frequency sounds.

Just ignore the horrendous 1337 gamer marketing, these are seriously good mid range headphones.

Specs: GA-Z87X-UD3H, i7-4770k, 16GB, RTX2060, SB AE-5, 750watt Corsair PSU, X52, Track IR4, Win10x64.

Sim Settings: Textures: ? | Scenes: ? |Water: ? | Visibility Range: ? | Heat Blur: ? | Shadows: ? | Res: 1680x1050 | Aspect: 16:10 | Monitors: 1 Screen | MSAA: ? | Tree Visibility: ? | Vsync: On | Mirrors: ? | Civ Traffic: High | Res Of Cockpit Disp: 512 | Clutter: ? | Fullscreen: On

Turtle Beach Earforce HPA2's for me. Been using this series since they were first released in 2004 or 2005. True 5.1 surround with 4 drivers per earpiece. Extremely TrackIR friendly.

High Quality. I used the first set for about 5 years before they just wore completely out. Into my first year with the new set and looking forward to another 2-4 years out of them. For those who love REALLY HEAVY BASS, these headphones might not be for you. I personally keep my bass at a lower level than my mids. These headphones will crank out some bass, but not to the level of the Plantronics Gamecom 777 headphones I used while I was waiting on the new set of HPA2's.

Does require a soundcard.

HPA2_Details1.jpg

Edited by Total

I have no experience with those particular Headsets.

I use these myself (work fine with TrackClipPro) 477_seite1_1195650519.jpg

They are very comfortable, the mic is detachable, build quality is good, slightly more expensive than similar headphones but they feel like it. The sound quality is superb. Importantly, I play games/sims with lots of noise that usually kill headsets. Like racing sims with constant, loud engine sounds. Also (obviously) flight sims too, so far I have yet to hear any disortion or speaker damage at loud or low frequency sounds.

Just ignore the horrendous 1337 gamer marketing, these are seriously good mid range headphones.

+1

Well i see not many people using VAC, GC2/3 around.

I m really in a doubt.

Its hell gping all those commands seeking F that aren t planes all around..

Separate or not separate in 2 soundcards....

If i separate my wife may kill me.

Whats the advantage of having separated voice from rest of the sounds ?

Generally I've been running game sounds through onboard sound, and voice comms through a headset (that has its own sound controller).

This lets me change the relative volumes of each...or flat out mute the game sounds with a touch of the keyboard 'mute' switch...

Flying formation, there's few things I find less useful than sound. :D

"Tank! I need a program for a TM Warthog!"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Thermaltake V9 SECC case | Corsair RM750 PSU | Asus ROG Ranger VIII | Intel i7 6700K | 16GB 3000mhz RAM |

EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW | TrackIR 4 w/ pro clip | TM HOTAS Warthog | TM MFD Cougar Pack | Win 10 x64 |