Is there a way to hide the control stick?

zakmichaels

Not all aircraft support the option. I think the L-39 does, but can't remember what others do.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Not all aircraft support the option. I think the L-39 does, but can't remember what others do.

M-2000C too.

Aorus Z390 Extreme MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.0 GHz | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3600 MHz CL14 DDR4 Ram | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler | Corsair TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD 1TB |TMWH Hotas with VPC WarBRD Base| Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | HP Reverb

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
su-33 also can't hide stick and throttle,it block view! how to report?

Crazy idea, but: make a bug report in the appropriate forum?

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

It's not very realistic but ...

I think you are falling for a recurring trap here. Most of the work arounds we use for all kinds of stuff are not 'realistic'. Realism, in the terms of input hardware, interaction with the cockpit etc. is NEVER going to be 'realistic'.

We can only remove the the immersion breaker and try to find something that works for us. (Joysticks, TrackIR, VR etc.) When you have accepted this reality, stuff like not being able to hide joystick, is actually a immersion breaker. (Since me not being able to easily see HSI is not 'realistic' to me in that moment)

On topic: I really believe this should be a feature in all DCS modules. (Where stick/collective/throttle blocks view to something)

I think you are falling for a recurring trap here. Most of the work arounds we use for all kinds of stuff are not 'realistic'. Realism, in the terms of input hardware, interaction with the cockpit etc. is NEVER going to be 'realistic'.

We can only remove the the immersion breaker and try to find something that works for us. (Joysticks, TrackIR, VR etc.) When you have accepted this reality, stuff like not being able to hide joystick, is actually a immersion breaker. (Since me not being able to easily see HSI is not 'realistic' to me in that moment)

On topic: I really believe this should be a feature in all DCS modules. (Where stick/collective/throttle blocks view to something)

What trap do you think I fell for? Removing the stick or not removing it?

Buzz