Will not wait for Beta6, you can get my A10 Ipadpit here.

My plan was to give it a last check with Beta 6 before I release my A10Ipadpit v1.0

But as the days go by and Beta6 is still not in sight, I will make it available now.

We have to see what Beta6 will do with the keyboard layout.

So what is it:

It's a click-able A10 cockpit on you Ipad for DCS A10. It connect over Wifi with you DCS A10 using a little server tool on your pc.

It got all working buttons and switches of the CDU,MFD'S,UFC and Comm Radio's. (No working displays at the moment)

You can use it for a complete cold startup.

It's for free.

I used an Ipad application called "Touch IR+" with an addon in this app called ""Autohotkey". Together this will cost around $6,00.

You can use this tool also to modify the Ipadpit as you like. Or make a new and better one and share it with us smile2.gif

What this application does is actual very easy, sending keyboard commands from you Ipad to you pc..Config a nice background add the buttons with the key macro's

and you got your self a clickable cockpit.

There is a little configuring involved like loading a new keyboard configuration into DCS A10 but I tried to keep it as easy as possible.

I made a little website were you can get all the info and the downloads for the A10IPadpit

Get it here: A10 Ipadpit

Hope it works for you, let me know what you think.

btw, I've you don't have a Ipad but want to checkout the layout, you can downloading the free server tool from the touch IR+ site and import the layout to have a look.

Edited by Ghost_unit13
changed the topic name
  • Like 2
www.Ipadpit.nl :pilotfly:

Let me also thank Ghost officially for this tool.

If you have an IPad you should try it. The cost of buying the TouchIR App + Upgrade (around 5€) is good spend, because you can use that App to make yourself buttons for any other sim. Pretty practical (similar to the multifunctional panel from CH).

Ghost put a lot of effort in making working buttons and a nice background for the IPit.

I really hope, one day there will be also live functional CDU and MFD screens, so you don't have to look for the button on the IPad, then look to the screen, then back to IPad. Would be awesome. Anyway it is a great start for this App.

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Thanks a lot for this precious little gem !!! :pilotfly:

PC: Win 10 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 64GB RAM, GForce RTX 4090.

Cockpit & HOTAS: VKB Gunfighter MKIII with MCG PRO, Vipril MT-50 CM2, Virpil Rotor Plus & SharKa-50 grip, Thrustmaster TPR, Virpil SharKa-50 Control Panel, WinWing Phoenix MIP, WinWing PTO & PCR, Total Control Apachte MPD frames, several DIY panels, NLR GTTRACK, NLR Motion V3, ButtKicker Gamer PLUS

VR: Varjo Aero, HP Reverb G2

Cool. Now that I have b4 working I'll give this a try. :)

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Sweet! Good job. Just wondering, does it work in landscape at all? All your videos are in portrait mode, but since my case for my iPad is also a stand for landscape orientation, I'd like to use it that way.

"It takes a big man to admit he is wrong...I'm not a big man" Chevy Chase, Fletch Lives

5800X3D - 64gb ram - RTX3080 - Windows 11

Get it here: A10 Ipadpit

The website is down, any chance you could attach the files here?

Great work by the way, good enough that it convinced me to go and buy Touch IR+.

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

Hey mate, thought you might like to know that you've made the front page on the Touch IR+ website, pity DCS:A10C is simply referred to as "his flight sim".

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

OK, it took a while, but I got this working. Only it appears that the key file provided does not work that well with the release version of A10C (some buttons work, but some map to incorrect functions). Is there any chance that you have created an updated key file? Otherwise I will sit and manually create a new file, although I'm not really looking forward to that!

I have remapped all the buttons/keys for the CDU, and everything is working beautifully, except for the PG UP/PG DN and Plus/Minus buttons. Is there any reason why they would be handled differently to any of the other buttons?

I even tried remapping the +/- buttons to use an unused combo (LALT/LSHFT/q and LALT/LSHFT/w) in case there was some sort of problem with the -/= key mapping on my system. Still no dice. The buttons flash when I press on them, but either nothing is getting sent to A10, or it isn't interpreting the keystrokes correctly (not sure the best way to figure out which).

Problem located. I can manually hit the keystrokes to get the other CDU buttons to fire. However, even with a simple single letter key assignment, I can't get the PG up/down or +/- rockers to fire.

Can anyone confirm that they are able to get these buttons to fire by pressing the mapped key (as opposed to clicking on the button in the cockpit)? Otherwise I think I might have found a bug ...

Edited by Bullant

First off, I must say, awesome work! This is really great and incredibly helpful.

But, it seems I have an issue. All my buttons (the UFC buttons at least, I haven't tried others) are one button off, so, the UFC "0" on my IPad is the UFC "9" in-game, "ENT" is "CLR", "5" is "4", "4" is "3", etc. It's set up correctly in options, so I don't know if it's an issue with the IPad or the game (sim, whatever :D). Anyone else notice this?

Anyone else notice this?

Yep, the supplied key file doesn't work correctly with the release version of DCS:A10C

I was only really interested in the CDU, so I started with the default key configuration, and used the document supplied with the installer to setup the key mappings for the CDU. It took 20 minutes or so, but it was worth it.

If I can find the time, I might set up the rest of the key file and put it up to save everyone else having to do the same thing.

Hi Guys, for some reason my account doesn't have right in this forum anymore so a bit late reaction with a new account.

I'm aware that with the Official release of A10C my key profile got broken. I'm in the process to make a new clean one and expect to post it with a updated Cockpit layout today or tomorrow. So spare yourself the time I'm almost ready :)

I'm also noticed that some buttons still don't work in the CDU. I hoped that it was still WIP but with the release some of them still don't work. No Idea what the deal is. It's Sim related not touch ir Profile as fare as I can see. Not sure if you need the buttons anyway.

And... Got some very promising results with the live mfd and cdu live feed :). You gonna be surprised!

There are some drawbacks.. You will need one static MFD on you monitor all the time.. this is where the screengrabs are coming from for the Ipad. This means if you like to have a good readable and sharp image on your IPAD MDF you need a 300x300 static mfd. (I've got it on my lower left site of my monitor.) You may make it smaller, but 200x200 is the min if the result should still be usable.

The refresh rate it 1 per second at this moment. I hope to get it faster but not sure if we can make that happend.

Second, because you can only grab one ingame MFD I I only configured it for the Leftone and for the CDU. But all functions on these displays are working!!

update: for if you cannot wait I got a keyprofile for the release version of A10C here: http://www.lx200gps.nl/TouchIR_keyprofile1_11.lua

Just right click and save as.. This one misses a few buttons, Comms are not ready and there are a few changes that will need the new TouchIR profile. But you can give it a try if you want to.

Edited by Ghost_unit013

Is there a way to use it without the screen grab option, or just use the CDU screen grab? The reason I ask is because I use the cougar MFDs already so I use your IPad pit for everything other than MFDs so I wouldn't need the static MFD taking up space on my already cramped screen.

Thanks for all the great work too, I consider this to be one of the best add-on's for the sim, right up there with a joystick and TrackIR! :thumbup:

Excellent work ghost, really looking forward to the live CDU. Happy to be a be a tester if you need the help :)