Is Online LOMAC Dead?

HL has been very quiet lately. Where is everybody?

Maybe it's just summertime in the US, or people waiting for the patch.

Everybody should have received their mail order copy of FC by now, shouldn't they?

Maybe flying PF with the new patch?

I was out for a month (and a half) doing bussines in Africa. I am leaving for Europe on June 24. Will be in Canada last week of July and first week of August. Beyond that I can only guess ...

In between, there's a family, house, my model airplane flying hobby and friends.

Yes it is a summer and people are out looking for fun (and those mini skirts for those that are not married :)).

I hope there will be more people playing later this year.

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

I'm in exams season wich will reduce my presence to half the usual times. :(

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Maybe alot of people are having fun flying the Su-25's, which there isn't a server online often that has them available.

I jump in from time to time and check the servers out, but if they are all running bvr missions I just leave.

Everybody should have received their mail order copy of FC by now, shouldn't they?

I think it is a combination of things Goya, most already mentioned in this thread. For myself, it is summer here, seeing a lot of family, taking weekend trips, going to baseball games, chores, work etc. etc. What has always been fastastic about these computer games is that you can leave them for a while and then come back to them when you are ready and have the time.

Battlefield demo 2. I used to run the frogfoot server (I'll be back next month promise! lol) but all my time is spent on the battlefield2 demo. It seems some lomac pilots have started playing this game cause it's getting tough flying out there :)

Personally I don't really like air quake that much anyway (LOL)......

But I've been flying the new addon to Wings Over Vietnam its called Aces Over Vietnam....

This has been developed by the community and acutually allows you to fly the Vietnam Area Migs for the Vietnameese Air Force......

The Fishbed cockpit really resembles the SU 25....

Or is it just the opposite.....

Anyway you should check it out in SimHQ under the Strike Fighters/ Wings Over Vietnam forum, its nothing as detailed as Lock on but a hell of a lot of fun anyway !!!!

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

Campaign AirWars is running nicely.

And its all multiplayer, from the flights, to ATC, mission planning.. you name it.

-Thomp

And missions happen how often?

Not knocking CAW, but I need a daily fix or I start launching missles at passing cars and UPS planes.

Or the one with weapons for the ULM...

No, you red guys definitely have a 'hitting the wrong target' problem ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I like co-ops 1 sided or 2 sided, CAW is pretty cool but they don't fly that offen. Planning your mission is fun but you are limited in different areas, the main 1 is jets you can fly.

Just letting you know I recieved the 1.1 CD just minutes ago...its smooooooth :)

Online fun will be on this night see ya there!

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Well, it's probably a combination of many factors, including the season. However there's also the fact that Lock On never was particularily tailored towards multiplayer and this shows in the lack of online games.

Most of those who do fly online regularly seem to be doing dogfights, player vs player, and that's the only online game that works particularily well. Those of us who want to fly cooperatively need to constantly make new missions (or refly the same stale old ones) and after a while you just get fed up with the whole thing.

It's been said so many times but I'll say it again: Lock On needs a more dynamic universe, and a coop campaign. Otherwise it's all Air Quake, and many of us just aren't into the whole "my missile is bigger than yours" thing. Combat flight simulation is about recreating the feeling and complexity of flying a high performance aircraft, and not about beating the crap out of your friends - although that can be fun, it's not why I enjoy flight sims. Well.. IMHO anyway ;)

"Otherwise it's all Air Quake, and many of us just aren't into the whole "my missile is bigger than yours" thing. "

not nessesarily true, BVR combat involves a bit more than "air-quake", and most squads flying online are using complex comms, tactics and formation.....spamming 8 slammers on the on the other hand.......