Hope for another FC2 compatibility patch

Then I tell ya what: thank Gawd for online squads and our dedicated CLOSED servers.

You have a obsession with people doing airquake. Things aren't going to change much when we have enough fighters in the DCS series. The same thing that happens in FC, is going to happen in DCS. Guess you are going to play in your dedicated closed server with your squad. For some people that's all good and dandy and other want to actually fight against real thinking people, not robots.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that realism is not ONLY about having high fidelity avionics, flight models etc.

Realism is also about opponent "realistic" behavior. In real, pilots don't deal with "dumb/hyper-aware" opponents. This can also be described as arcade.

FC2 even simplified technically, brings way more "Combat realism" trough its MP mode, simply because you are dealing with human opponents, just like in real.

That's why I think FC2 Multiplayer mode is more than important for DCS current modules to fill that gap, until fighters come into play.

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

Besides the combat community, we also have a very dedicated and in many ways a special group of pilots named as "the formation aerobatic community". No other simulator than the Lockon (FC) series have such a relative large group of people putting this type of flying in to practise. And with no other simulator there is such an aerobatic event as the Virtual Festival of Aerobatic Teams, attracting over 10000 spectators every year. And, let's not forget the close contacts between virtual aerobatic teams and their real life counter parts, some virtual teams even test maneuvers for the real ones.

I think ED can be very proud on that, and I think it would be too bad if ED stops upgrading FC and by that also this community.

I'm not saying that this community doesn't support the DCS series with the advanced flight models, but we can't all fly the A10 this year and the (lets say) F15 next year right? With FC only this community already has some shortage of aircraft types.

I'm keeping my hopes up to another upgrade to the FC2 engine, because FC2 is everything but dead!

• Like 1

Forum | Videos | DCS:BS Demo1 / Demo2 | YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Also, virtual pilots from all over the world are flying every single day with their Ka-50 on public FC2 servers, while they could fly on BS dedicated servers. Most of them get shot down but they keep coming and flying. This is a fact reflecting the need of flying in a human vs human configuration, this is also a confirmation that the majority does want to fly the DCS A10C in the same environment.

banner_discordBannerDimensions_500w.jpg

Situational Awareness: https://sa-sim.com/ | The Air Combat Dojo: https://discord.gg/Rz77eFj

Although FC is not dead by any means... it is time to move on. I don't see a need for yet another FC upgrade. As soon as DCS:Fighter is available one can play AirQuake, formation flying and whatnot to your heart's content... right here in DCS. FC upgrade takes away valuable time and money from developing DCS:Fighter.

FC is redundant... whether you're a hardcore simmer or a weekend warrior. That's just my 2 cents.

"It's not the years, honey. It's the mileage..."

You didn't quite understand my point and the needs of the aerobatic community.

Would the acrobat guys not want a DCS fighter to do acrobatics in? Of course! Why put time into FC2 and delay that. That is the main argument. If FC2 compatibility with DCS could be done in a few weeks, then no problem. Win win situation. If however, FC compatibility delays DCS Fighter by months, why prolong the wait.

The compat patch for BS also brought sound issues (engine start) and downright retarded AI. I hope the A10 patch fixes that and an FC patch doesnt break it.

They are on a roll now, here's hoping DCS:Fighter is out this year.

Someday we'll look back on all this and plow into a parked car.

i7-930 @ 3.8ghz, 6GB Corsair Dominator 1600, EVGA GTX470, OCZ 60GB SSD, TrackIR 5 Pro, Win7 64

And a 46" LCD at 1920x1080 to enjoy the goodness :joystick: :pilotfly:

Would the acrobat guys not want a DCS fighter to do acrobatics in? Of course! Why put time into FC2 and delay that. That is the main argument. If FC2 compatibility with DCS could be done in a few weeks, then no problem. Win win situation. If however, FC compatibility delays DCS Fighter by months, why prolong the wait.

Months on the right, months on the left, if you waited whole life you could wait a bit longer :D

FC2 + A-10C = greatness

Edited by Boberro

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

FC2 + A-10C = greatness

I remember before FC2 release that you said that the LO is a history and it is better to focus on DCS series. Why did you change your opinion?

PVAF

"A fighter without a gun... is like an airplane without a wing" dedicated to F-4 Phantom

What a complete waste of time trying to make an outdated lite weight mesh with a modern hardcore. You want fighter cover? Let ED make us a DCS fighter now.

FC2 is of no account.

I partly agree, but would love a fix for some of the more obvious errors in FC2. On the other hand FC2 may not be played for months after the current DCS A-10C get patched. Quite some bugs in the machine of the A-10C also.

Im afraid they also break something critical during the fixing. Somethings got broken in latest FC2 build like HOJ is useless for F-15 now.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I remember before FC2 release that you said that the LO is a history and it is better to focus on DCS series. Why did you change your opinion?

In that case suits sentence "A wise man changes his mind, a fool never will." :smartass:

Yes, not only was I opposite but also I couldn't have think about it. When patch came I realized I was wrong.... Now I think flying Ka-50 in LO is very nice, even without RWR and sometimes being killed by fighters.

Also I am full fond for merging LO2 and A-10C cause taking experience from Ka-50 and LO I know how much fun that couple could have given to user.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/interviews/59338/Interview-With-DCS-A-10C-Warthog-Producer-Matt-Wagner

VE: Will customers who purchase DCS: A-10C be able to expect ongoing support in the way of content updates or patches? What sort of support roadmap is currently planned for DCS: A-10C?

MW: We are already at work on a Nevada expansion map (home of Nellis AFB for training and Red / Green Flag exercises) and an A-10C Upgrade Pack. We'll be talking more about these in the coming months. We will also plan to release upgrades to DCS: Black Shark and Flaming Cliffs 2.

Nate

I think that is the best way that ED should go about DCS. Upgrade FC2 until DCS has the amount of aircraft that FC has.

Edited by Cali
  • Like 1

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Thanks for posting Nate!

...We will also plan to release upgrades to DCS: Black Shark and Flaming Cliffs 2.

Great news and gives me some hope that I will be able to join some MP fun again in the future!

/KC

KeyCat I haven't seen you long time on servers, what happened?

ಠ_ಠ

Hi Boberro,

Ever since the latest FC2 & BS patches back in May I get CTD's after flying for ~45-50 minutes on crowded MP servers due to that pesky memory handling issue that somehow got introduced with the patches!

No need to tell that it sucks to be greeted with a CTD after spending 40+ minutes making my way to a good attack position in the Ka-50.

Unfortunately, until I can get FC2/BS working I'm holding off to buy DCS: A-10C and really hope ED can find a solution to this.

/KC