MIdnight train to Georgia

jazjar

Have you tried it in other missions? It's been working great for me.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The voice of the F-14 "Ambush" Trailer and F-14 Tomcat Instructor Pilot

My Rig: Intel i5-7600k | MSI Z-270A PRO | 16GB DDR4 2400 | MSI nVidia GTX 1660 Ti | Saitek X52 Pro | TIR 4 w Pro Clip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Im having problems with this mission also. My problem is the JTAC just telling me that there are no targets and i may depart.

Oli 'Scarecrow' Lusk

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Intel Core i7 3930K @ 4.20Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Extreme Motherboard

16GB DDR3 RAM

EVGA Geforce GTX 680 4GB

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone opened the mission in the ME to look under the hood?

I know that airborne FAC works because I made a mission the other night to test it, using a Predator JTAC and a separate Kiowa JTAC, both worked fine.

However, JTAC is known to be a bit buggy and looking over the notes on the upcoming 1.1.0.8 patch from Wag I can see that ED is making some tweaks to the JTAC functionality.

Not having tried the mission you're asking about lately, I am thinking that perhaps it is an issue of the TASKS setting (ME) on the JTAC, having to do with him possibly being assigned FAC to a specific group / groups. In the ME I would hope that the JTAC is set to orbit a specific area and is set to Enroute Task FAC without being assigned a specific group.

Another idea is that since the JTAC needs line of sight on the group. If the JTAC moves off (RTB / out of gas / damaged / flying flight plan), or it takes a long time for you to get to that point of the mission, the targets may have moved off relative to the JTAC, which will no longer be in contact with any enemies.

Also, having looked through the .lua scripts, specifically the ones that have the detection modifiers for various units, it is possible that the airborne FAC in that mission just isn't detecting the units and may need some positional tweaking to ensure that he detects the enemy.

Whew... none of that may help you, other than to say, you're not crazy! :)

I'd say try flying the mission again and see if you can find the FAC (unless he's invisible per the ME settings) and the enemies he's supposed to point you to. Pay attention to enemy formation movement. The F7 enemy 3rd person view is really helpful. Zoom way out using "/" and "*" to try and see where they are and then try to locate them yourself.

Just some ideas. Let us know if you make any discoveries.

"Snipe"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OS => Win7 64-bit Ultimate | MOBO => ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe | RAM => 8GB | VIDEO CARD => XFX ATI 4850 | CONTROLLER => Saitek X52 | DISPLAY => ASUS 25.5" 1600x1280 | HDD => 150GB WD Raptor (10K RPM)