Anyone else getting weird gun sounds ?

Spetz

Was flying the the sitting ducks mission and my cannon sounded like an empty pop can with a few rocks in it..very hollow and stuttery with no smoke. (Like it was only sounding every 10th round or so). From external view it worked fine, including smoke. This was at low altitude, less then 500' I'd say. Did not have this problem at high altitudes. It almost seems like it hesitate to fire when low to the ground. Min alt is set to zero (default).

Anyone ?

I notice on the forum that people are commending the excellent GAU (Cannon Sound) well I got to say mine sounds also like a tin can or very high pitched and I am most certainly not getting the original authentic sound like in the Beta versions.

Any help or comment on this would be appreciated?

Could you record a video of this ?

Nate

Will do today (Snow day !!! WOOHOO !!!)

EDIT **** Just tried to recreate the issue and all seemed to work fine. Perhaps the defrag I did last night after the install helped..

Edited by Spetz

Audacity. Open Source program. Use that.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

OK thanks everyone for pointing me in the right direction.

The GAU sound is as posted here, its very different from any of the Beta versions, which obviously in this case is very bad for obvious reasons as everyone will agree. I am using Win 7 64bit and have used the same system through all Betas without any problems whatsoever.

I downloaded twice from the German site and a third time from the US site and have tried this in both 32bit and 64bit.

The results are the same in each case!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9dHvjzl4nI

Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated, this sound must go???

Cockpit sound is the same as i have. Whats wrong with that?

The Flyby... i dont know never tried it during firing the Gun.

Win7 64bit Ultimate / MSI MPOWER Z97 / i7 4790K@4,4GHz / Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E / EVGA GTX980 Superclocked ACX 2.0 / 16 GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 / Creative SB X-Fi / Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB SSD / 1TB WD Black Caviar HD / Thermaltake Toughpower Grand 1050W / Be Quiet Base 800 / TM Warthog HOTAS / TrackIR 5

Kalli I agree I don't like that aspect of the sound. Try deleting (or renaming) \\Sounds\Effects\Weapons\GAU8End.wav

Nate

Nate,

Tried the above, both changing the file name and deleting and unfortunately it did not make a dereference to the GAU 8 sound :(

Thanks for the suggestion.

If you still have Beta 4 installed you could swap the sounds from that.

Nate

OK Nate, this has done it, I got my GAU sound back, wonderful. Obviously this is an actual change to the wav file, wonder why they changes the sound it was more realistic and much better. I thing part of the selling thing is based on authentic sounds, would have thought ED would have kept it in.

Any way thanks for all the suggestions and help :)

OK Nate, this has done it, I got my GAU sound back, wonderful. Obviously this is an actual change to the wav file, wonder why they changes the sound it was more realistic and much better. I thing part of the selling thing is based on authentic sounds, would have thought ED would have kept it in.

Any way thanks for all the suggestions and help :)

It is entirely subjective, some prefer it, others don't, you can't please everybody :)

Nate

I think it was changed because some did not find it "authentic" enough, there were numerous threads in regards to the GAU8 sound. I think the new sound is quite nice. ED can make is as authentic to the real thing as they can, with high quality recordings and suff, and some "GAU8 sound experts" would still find something to complain about, so... :doh:

=ACU=Tech

TECH Systemes

Computer 1 Computer 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think it was changed because some did not find it "authentic" enough, there were numerous threads in regards to the GAU8 sound. I think the new sound is quite nice. ED can make is as authentic to the real thing as they can, with high quality recordings and suff, and some "GAU8 sound experts" would still find something to complain about, so... :doh:

Well yes, there is always someone ready to complain, and always something to complain about however I am not deaf, and I also know well what the GAU 8 sounds like. Its not a matter of being an expert to hear what one hears. If you have listened to the link I provided then please tell me that the sound you hear in that is authentic. It may be that my system is not translating the new sound correctly. Irrespective the old or original sound does on my system translate the closest to the real thing.

Thank you very much ;)

Edited by Kalli
spelling

• ED Team

Guys, cool down a bit, please.

The example shows an issue in gun ending sound, which is a side effect of sound engine peculiarity + not perfect matching of samples.

Whether it's a minor issue, or an annoying one depends on personal priorities.

Can't give any exact timeframe, but I plan to fix it.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.