Battlefield 3 teaser

Kevlon

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not a big FPS guy, but for some reason this one has me kind of jazzed.

EDIT: Fall 2011?! Guess i have some time to think about it!

Edited by SonofEil

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

The game looks great, but I can't stand that particular trailer. I find that the cuts betewen shots are far, far too short.

Agreed.

Although no thanks to the editing (although hip and hollywood) the lighting and environments are what have sparked my interest. <--- and i've lost complete interest in FPS as of late.

Bumfire: Especially if it's an American developer you an be sure the US military will be involved. Americans aim for the American audience first, global audience second. I'm sure other factions will be available upon release (MP purposes) seeing as the war in the middle east is being faught pretty heavily by both Americans and the British (plus other countries) i'd be surprised if it was an American only faction. (unless you read someplace that it is).

Agreed.

Although no thanks to the editing (although hip and hollywood) the lighting and environments are what have sparked my interest. <--- and i've lost complete interest in FPS as of late.

Bumfire: Especially if it's an American developer you an be sure the US military will be involved. Americans aim for the American audience first, global audience second. I'm sure other factions will be available upon release (MP purposes) seeing as the war in the middle east is being faught pretty heavily by both Americans and the British (plus other countries) i'd be surprised if it was an American only faction. (unless you read someplace that it is).

DICE, the developer of Battlefield 3 are Swedish.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The game looks great, but I can't stand that particular trailer. I find that the cuts betewen shots are far, far too short.

Ya but that's why its called a Teaser Trailer. To Tease You, which it has accomplished. A lot of information is starting come out now. Only reason i got MOH limited addition was so i could get in the BF3 beta. Also a pretty good website. http://enterbf3.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6 Monitors, 5 Video Cards, 90inch Flat Screen, Intel Bad Ass 2 @ 72.6Ghz, Atari Hotas!!!

If someone besides the british and americans would take a bigger part in the war on terrorism they may get bigger parts in games.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Aaron

i7 2600k@4.4ghz, GTX1060-6gb, 16gb DDR3, T16000m, Track IR5

BS2-A10C-UH1-FC3-M2000-F18C-A4E-F14B-BF109

If someone besides the british and americans would take a bigger part in the war on terrorism they may get bigger parts in games.

what has this to do with anything? specially in a tread about a game that takes part in a fictional future and where the sides are NATO vs MEC, not USA / UK vs MEC ( Middle Eastren Countries. Not terrorists )

Edited by Kevlon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have seen gameplay teaser - no Battlefield game ever looks like this (gameplay wise). I am currently playing Bad Company 2 and Vietnam. Previously I spent lots of time with BF2142. I have played BF2 previously too but didn't like it honestly so I don't have huge hopes for BF3. The thing about BF3 gameplay teaser is that it screams - your PC won't run it like you want it.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

I have seen gameplay teaser - no Battlefield game ever looks like this (gameplay wise). I am currently playing Bad Company 2 and Vietnam. Previously I spent lots of time with BF2142. I have played BF2 previously too but didn't like it honestly so I don't have huge hopes for BF3. The thing about BF3 gameplay teaser is that it screams - your PC won't run it like you want it.

Only means a person has to get out and do some work, so you can afford a pc to run it. Developers aims should be high, and not make games for people on 5 yr old computers.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6 Monitors, 5 Video Cards, 90inch Flat Screen, Intel Bad Ass 2 @ 72.6Ghz, Atari Hotas!!!

Only means a person has to get out and do some work, so you can afford a pc to run it. Developers aims should be high, and not make games for people on 5 yr old computers.

What do you suggest? I am lazy bastard, LOL? I currently working hard and saving for new PC for VRS F/A-18E and DCS A-10C exclusively. If I can run these at max settings, I will be able to eat BF3 for breakfast. I agree that devs should aim high, however devs that work behind EA projects are contracted under short time-terms and do not have time to optimize their applications, what causes unnaturally higher hardware requirements compared to independent developers. My current setup was top-end 3 years ago.

Edited by Shaman

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Only means a person has to get out and do some work, so you can afford a pc to run it.

.. Quote of the day!! Wise words, did Confucius really said that?:D

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders