Battlefield 3 teaser

Kevlon

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bf3 xbox or pc thats the question...

PC = Graphical (better eye-candy) enhancements, larger numbers in the MP environment (60+? as opposed to 32) and a helluva lot easier on the finances .

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

PC = Graphical (better eye-candy) enhancements, larger numbers in the MP environment (60+? as opposed to 32) and a helluva lot easier on the finances .

I went with the PC version, mostly for the eye-candy, my PC has far better resolution and overall image than the TV anyway.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Really enjoyed the Beta. Caspian Border is a great map. Can't wait till next Friday. The aircraft are painfull to fly when your used to semi realistic sims. Funniest BF3 video ever, the audio is hilarious:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I dont know whethere to buy this on XBOX or PC perhaps someone can help.

Get it for PC obviously. Console has features removed from it, including the gamemode Conquest 64, because the old ass $200 hardware can't handle the game. Battlefield 3 is primarily a PC game, that's why it has all of the gamemodes, has a dedicated server browser, and was given an extra map during the beta.

To rephrase your question.. "Should I get a game that was ported to a console, with terrible graphics, slower gameplay, automatic match making, less support from EA/DICE, limited to 24 player games, and the absence of a real battlelog? Or should I get it for PC and enjoy DirectX 11, heaps of improvement in graphics, community, Origin Battlelog, 64 player games, etc...?"

All of the game convention interviews have been through PC gameplay. This game should have never been on console. :doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How To Fix Your X-52's Rudder!

This game should have never been on console. :doh:

Money talks.

PC-exclusive would effectively mean a 80% (if not more) reduction in their gross profit margin. As much as peeps berate consoles, there's a lot to be said for 'plug-and-play', especially insofar as twitch-shooters are concerned.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Jesus and thats on xbox cant wait for pc version

Looking forward to UPS tomorrow!:D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

...for the NVidia mob.

I resemble that remark!:D

Get it for PC obviously. Console has features removed from it, including the gamemode Conquest 64, because the old ass $200 hardware can't handle the game. Battlefield 3 is primarily a PC game, that's why it has all of the gamemodes, has a dedicated server browser, and was given an extra map during the beta.

To rephrase your question.. "Should I get a game that was ported to a console, with terrible graphics, slower gameplay, automatic match making, less support from EA/DICE, limited to 24 player games, and the absence of a real battlelog? Or should I get it for PC and enjoy DirectX 11, heaps of improvement in graphics, community, Origin Battlelog, 64 player games, etc...?"

All of the game convention interviews have been through PC gameplay. This game should have never been on console. :doh:

:thumbup:

I had decided to buy it on PC but confirmation came in the gospel according to you sir!

Anyone know why its 10GB download but 15GB on disk?

Gonna have to buy the Original I think.

:thumbup:

Anyone know why its 10GB download but 15GB on disk?

Data compression. If you look at a lot of CD/DVDs content compared to what it takes on disk you will see the same thing. Some types of files can be compressed a great deal.

Can't wait for the end of the week! Got both the limited edition of bf3 and the saitek combat rudder pedals incoming! Woohoo!

Someone is going to spend the weekend attached to the PC!:D