Battlefield 3 teaser

Kevlon

• ED Team
Get it for PC obviously. Console has features removed from it, including the gamemode Conquest 64, because the old ass $200 hardware can't handle the game. Battlefield 3 is primarily a PC game, that's why it has all of the gamemodes, has a dedicated server browser, and was given an extra map during the beta.

To rephrase your question.. "Should I get a game that was ported to a console, with terrible graphics, slower gameplay, automatic match making, less support from EA/DICE, limited to 24 player games, and the absence of a real battlelog? Or should I get it for PC and enjoy DirectX 11, heaps of improvement in graphics, community, Origin Battlelog, 64 player games, etc...?"

Actually, I think DICE did a pretty good job with the consoles.

Though the graphics are obviously better on the pc, the consoles, with the HD texture pack installed, doesnt look all that bad.

And the consoles will get a fully featured In-game server browser.

But I'm playing on the PC, no doubt. Always has, always will. :)

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

installing now

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

:gun_rifle: :chair: :bash:

:wallbash:

Yup, that looks about right!

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

so glad I got my Fiber optic Broadband installed last week hehe. Gonna download it hopefully. Im hoping it does not have the same issue as BF2 though. Its the only game on my entire system that gives me a BSOD less than 10min into a multiplayer game. Every single time.

Ive Tried everything I know of to fix it, ive upgraded ram put in a new graphics card (Asus Geforce GTX 560Ti) even a new cooler for the CPU that keeps core below 55c and reinstalled windows, nothing made any diffrence at all.

If BF3 starts giving BSOD I will go crazy.

Edited by andysim

Downloading from origin (when avaliable)

Jesus origin says its avalible NOW to download

Im in uk so dont know here!!

Edited by rextar

Intel i5 3.2 ghz

8 GB crucial ram

gtx 660 superclocked 2gb

500watt corsair psu

win7 64bit

extreme pro

track ir5

Turtle beach x12

Well I played online a bunch last night and I can say the game is awesome! I think the sound is what really sells it for me. Whoever engineered what you hear obviously cared A LOT. Hope you guys are having fun too!

Stickers are you playing on pc?

Intel i5 3.2 ghz

8 GB crucial ram

gtx 660 superclocked 2gb

500watt corsair psu

win7 64bit

extreme pro

track ir5

Turtle beach x12

Played for a couple of hours last night after work, and I'm rather impressed. I'm well on track to remain the most mediocre FPS player on earth, but it was fun.

Only played a handful of maps, but I enjoyed them all, despite spending more time waiting to respawn than actually playing.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

I love it. It's a great shooter and really impressive graphics and great physics engine with the destruction. Only problem I have is I can not for the life of me get my x52 to work right in the game. According to official saitek forum I'm not the only one. Also it will not allow me to assign my pedals for rudder. Other then that it's is real fun.

=RvE=Atomic

Alienware Area-51, Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q9400 @ 3.2GHz, 8gig Corsair XMS2 DDR2 Ram, EVGA SC GTX 570, Western Digital 1.0TB 64mb cache HD. Windows 7 Ultimate 64, Saitek X52 & Saitek Pro Peddals, TrackIR 4 Pro with Track Clip Pro.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Downloading only 2 hours left :crash:

:pilotfly:Wolfpack Production:pilotfly:

-=<[WiN 10, I7 3770K @ 4,5 Ghz, Corsair H100i, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Dominator, Sapphire 7970 VaporX 6GB, C70 Vengance, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro rudder, Track IR, Beyerdynamics MMX 300 ]>=-

DCS/FC2/FC3/Arma videos on my channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/WolfpackproductionDK

"Fortes Furtuna Juvat"

Beautiful graphics and very nice Hollywood special effects. But lacks realism. Its just another mindless run and shoot fps.

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

You're all invited to join my Battlefield 3 ranked 16 slot server!

Server: 161st. Ground Combat Division by G-Portal

Maps: In the first week, the server is plays all maps in mixed gamemodes with 1 or 2 rounds per map. In the first week, the server is running in normal mode (not hardcore) - so you become acquainted with the maps.

I hope, I see some of you on the server.

Have fun and many frags! :joystick:

Server: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/show/d04f6c2d-a839-4f74-bad3-db0f7a7d4d63/161st-Ground-Combat-Division-by-G-Portal-de/

kind regards,

Fire

Edited by VTJG17_Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

eg8Bh5iI2WY

That is freaking awesome.

I only respond to that little mechanical voice that says "Terrain! Terrain! Pull Up! Pull Up!"

Who can say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.

-Robert Goddard

"A hybrid. A car for enthusiasts of armpit hair and brown rice." -Jeremy Clarkson

"I swear by my pretty floral bonet, I will end you." -Mal from Firefly

is this a pc only game? my computer would puke in my face if I try to play something like that!

It's on consoles as well but all the goodies are on PC - the exceptional eyecandy, 64 player conquest and huge maps.

On consoles BF3 may as well be called BC2.5.