Battlefield 3 teaser

Kevlon

The problem with the level design in BF3 is that most maps do only 1 gamemode well. Really the only map I think that does both gamemodes well is Kharg Island, and even then it can be incredibly difficult to be successful as the attackers. All it takes is one good pilot to ruin an offense.

Funny thing is thinking back to older battlefield games. When you transition from 32 to 64 player maps, you'd get some pretty substantial differences to the map. In BF3 the maps don't really change. The only exception would be Seine Crossing where it adds the other side of the river.

The true test to see how different the game play is will be once we get the Back to Karkand pack and play on levels we are used to.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don`t know which version of AA I played back then, I found it very encouraging to play as a team and to proceed with caution because dead was dead until the round ends(sure I somewhat hated it at the same time).

In BF series it seems that no one really cares about to die, because one can spawn instantly(sometimes with a little delay). Don`t know about the Team DM modi and so on, haven`t tried it yet.

At least there is mostly one friend online to play with, fortunately. So having a little team, one medic one supporter and a 8-16 slot map there is a good chance for nice gameplay.

Deutsche DCS-Flughandbücher

SYSSpecs: i7-4790K @4GHz|GA-Z97X-SLI|16GB RAM|ASUS GTX1070|Win10 64bit|TrackIR5|TM Warthog/Saitek Pro Pedals

Always has been...:music_whistling: no surprise there:doh:

Not strictly true. There was a time (once) when developers actually gave a crap about the quality of the product they were releasing. Think back to UT2004, Call of Duty 1/UO/2/4, the older GTA series.

These days its a case of push the game out ASAP, grab the cash then push for more cash in DLC. The number of games that don't even patch HUGE bugs now is just shocking.

BF3 is a slight letdown in that they downscaled maps for consoles to deal with. They've had to reduce the number of vehicles as a result, and once they're gone you're left to jog for half a mile. Not fun.

Being able to spawn in the aircraft (but no other vehicle) also needs changing. But i'm not going to hold my breath for it.

Not strictly true. There was a time (once) when developers actually gave a crap about the quality of the product they were releasing. Think back to UT2004, Call of Duty 1/UO/2/4, the older GTA series.

I disagree, always been about money..or why else the develope it..not for the fun of it...:music_whistling:

This is why the games were develope so the Game Dev's can expand their business and make more...:joystick:

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't read through the entire thread, but seems some of you have brought up the topic of teamplay, or lack thereof in BF3. I'm often at the behest of the same circumstances when I jump into a server with everyone runnin & gunnin, taking off in vehicles by themselves and what have you.

For those of you interested in teamplay, why don't you post your BF3 ingame nick so we can at least get a running list of people that DO use team tactics.

I can't tell you how many times I've wished I had someone watching my back as much as I've watched others. Or times I've gone to get in a vehicle to be someone's gunner just to have them take off. Although I realize everyone has their reasons based on the stupid things people do. I promise not to give away our position in a tank/jeep by just randomely shooting at things. lol.

Anyway - my nick is B1helios. Please feel free to add me. I mostly run the conquest large maps, but I'm open to other game types as well. :thumbup:

Platform: PC

Timezone: U.S. MDT

Days I'm usually on: Tuesdays, late morning/early afternoon

Cheers,

B1

Edited by B1Helios
  • Like 1

I only play the Oceana servers becuase of the Ping and timezone, there do seem to be more people getting in squads and teamwork seems to be improving slightly.

How do people play. Ive stuck to the M16A3 and the defib kits throughout but am thinking should I be using something else to try and build up all kits, I started playing with the HMG and got quite a few kills but then kept trying to rescitate people forgetting I wasnt a medic.

I like the full auto on the A3 to get me out of the sht and the grenade launcher for popping people off the rocks or through windows, ive looked at a few stats and it seems to be a good gun. Then its a matter of switching sights depending on the level

Plumhead2002 on BF3.

Edited by Mr_Burns

Hey Mr. Burns, just saw your add the other night, thanks! :thumbup:

I started out as Assault class, built it up a bit than went over to the Engy role. I find I actually enjoy it more. I like using the vehicles, so I think this role is more befitting.

Plus I've been tagged so many times by tanks/helis in the Assault role, I kinda like being able to fight back if on foot with the Engy. Aside from the normal callout of course. :smilewink: