Battlefield 3 teaser

Kevlon

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah that Thunder Run video is breathtaking. Probably the best looking gameplay video for an FPS I've ever seen.

I agree about the comms too. None of that stupid caption stuff you see in COD. Where your objectives are somehow always free of radio distortion, and louder/clearer than the background noise. It makes you listen and really engage in the situation when you can hear everyone.

I hear they'll have dedicated servers too. And after playing Bad Company 2, I know this game will be worth more than it sells for. They design it so you don't have to put up with some annoying kid using last stand/second chance while camping in a corner somewhere using an assault rifle that has the recoil of a laser pointer.

Edited by 636_Castle

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How To Fix Your X-52's Rudder!

Better graphics.... check

Destructible environment... check

COD kids... check

BF kids... check

Unorganization..check

Same as BF2.... check

Same as BF2145.... Check

Vaporware ... Check

LMAO, that is the most senseless bullcrap I have probably read against this game.:megalol:

"Better graphics.... check" - Duh, nothing to-date can and will compare to Frostbite 2 rendering, the use of DirectX11, and the fact that the maps are going to be amazingly beautiful, destructible, and huge.

Destructible environment... check - Always an awesome plus in any book

COD kids... check - Sadly, yes

BF kids... check - Much less than compared to the kid community in COD

Unorganization..check - Umm what unorganization? What exactly IS organization in a game to you?

Same as BF2.... check - I would uncheck. BF2 was released 6 years ago. Both technology and skills in producing FPS games has definitely evolved in that time, especially thankful to destructible environments. The difference between BF2 and BF3 is ginormous and I can't believe somebody would actually compare the two. The only things returning from the original BF2 are the main things such as the vehicles (like in BFBC2) and Prone (which I do hate though). For a better description of why BF2 and BF3 are nearly the exact same, I would appreciate it if you could define that for me...

Same as BF2145.... Check - I would uncheck this too. BF2145 was released 5 years ago, it's set far ahead in the future with robots, it doesn't feature destruction, no special rendering or physics engine, I can go on.

Vaporware ... Check - That's why BF3 will be released October 25, 2011, right?

GTFO you ArmA fanboy. You have obviously never played much of the Battlefield series so who are you to judge BF3 compared to its predecessors and competitors? I have nothing against ArmA because I intend to purchase both Battlefield 3 and ArmA 3 when they are released so don't think that I am making this a one-sided argument. Kthxbai

I liked a lot BF2, and even more 2145, was more polished in a lot of aspects.

But i m not in this brainless respawn crap anymore, a FPS must offer me something much more than nice pixels with more of the same.

Only ones i can stand is ARMA, AAO and STALKER. AAO i cannot play cause of my connex quality and i have severe reserve with STALKER2 because of the info that has alredy been realeased.

Brainless respawn crap? Every FPS game (including ArmA) have a re-spawn feature. Whether it is reverting back to a certain saved checkpoint in a single-player mission, or if it is spawning on a squad-mate in combat on multi-player, there is no difference between Battlefield or ArmA when it comes to spawning back into combat.

Battlefield series has been aimed against this "nice pixels with more of the same" rather than with COD and adding a new layer of paint to every sequel. Battlefield 3 is a game being produced to hopefully revolutionize the way FPS games are played, and that will mainly be thankful to the ability to destroy buildings, remove walls that an enemy could be sitting behind, and man vehicles.

Edited by Viper101

I wish we had such obscuring smoke/dust effects in DCS ;P

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Must admit I love the immersion on the ground - the whole full package.

The HDR and glare from the sun - one of the best I've seen in a while.

Also the A-10C strafing the compound gave me a backbone chill.

Realism out the window - but thats okai with such a large scale MP scene.

I'll be buying it - even if its just for the immersion. Nice stuff ;)

The mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open | The important thing is not to stop questioning

Must admit I love the immersion on the ground - the whole full package.

The HDR and glare from the sun - one of the best I've seen in a while.

Also the A-10C strafing the compound gave me a backbone chill.

Realism out the window - but thats okai with such a large scale MP scene.

I'll be buying it - even if its just for the immersion. Nice stuff ;)

Yes, I'l be playing trough the SP as well.

Will proudly walk into the store and purchase this title. This statement comes directly from someone who has lost complete interest in fps (arma series is exception). Duke Nukem forever has also sparked interest...simply for nostalgia.

"shake it baby"

LMAO, that is the most senseless bullcrap I have probably read against this game.:megalol:

"Better graphics.... check" - Duh, nothing to-date can and will compare to Frostbite 2 rendering, the use of DirectX11, and the fact that the maps are going to be amazingly beautiful, destructible, and huge.

Destructible environment... check - Always an awesome plus in any book

COD kids... check - Sadly, yes

BF kids... check - Much less than compared to the kid community in COD

Unorganization..check - Umm what unorganization? What exactly IS organization in a game to you?

Same as BF2.... check - I would uncheck. BF2 was released 6 years ago. Both technology and skills in producing FPS games has definitely evolved in that time, especially thankful to destructible environments. The difference between BF2 and BF3 is ginormous and I can't believe somebody would actually compare the two. The only things returning from the original BF2 are the main things such as the vehicles (like in BFBC2) and Prone (which I do hate though). For a better description of why BF2 and BF3 are nearly the exact same, I would appreciate it if you could define that for me...

Same as BF2145.... Check - I would uncheck this too. BF2145 was released 5 years ago, it's set far ahead in the future with robots, it doesn't feature destruction, no special rendering or physics engine, I can go on.

Vaporware ... Check - That's why BF3 will be released October 25, 2011, right?

GTFO you ArmA fanboy. You have obviously never played much of the Battlefield series so who are you to judge BF3 compared to its predecessors and competitors? I have nothing against ArmA because I intend to purchase both Battlefield 3 and ArmA 3 when they are released so don't think that I am making this a one-sided argument. Kthxbai

Brainless respawn crap? Every FPS game (including ArmA) have a re-spawn feature. Whether it is reverting back to a certain saved checkpoint in a single-player mission, or if it is spawning on a squad-mate in combat on multi-player, there is no difference between Battlefield or ArmA when it comes to spawning back into combat.

Battlefield series has been aimed against this "nice pixels with more of the same" rather than with COD and adding a new layer of paint to every sequel. Battlefield 3 is a game being produced to hopefully revolutionize the way FPS games are played, and that will mainly be thankful to the ability to destroy buildings, remove walls that an enemy could be sitting behind, and man vehicles.

BUllshit heh? You concur with more than 50% of what i say and its bullshit...lol

Yeah AAO has respawn, clearly, maybe BF3 will have an option to not respawn and be out of the mud. And as you don t have guessed, because your blind by vaporware, i was talking MP.

Revolutionize ? LOL it will be exactly the same as bad company but with woop paint, or can t you see that ? Tell me anything that is really new in BF3 that doesn t exist since BF2 or BC ? Or any game out there ?

Let s see what you ve got.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

BUllshit heh? You concur with more than 50% of what i say and its bullshit...lol

Yeah AAO has respawn, clearly, maybe BF3 will have an option to not respawn and be out of the mud. And as you don t have guessed, because your blind by vaporware, i was talking MP.

Revolutionize ? LOL it will be exactly the same as bad company but with woop paint, or can t you see that ? Tell me anything that is really new in BF3 that doesn t exist since BF2 or BC ? Or any game out there ?

Let s see what you ve got.

Well apostrophes for one.

Name the last truly innovative and original game out there. Minecraft maybe? Everything else is just the same type of game with "woop paint" on it. That's why we have the word "genre".

With that mentality we may as well continue playing A-10 Attack! instead of the latest and greatest (atm).

Well apostrophes for one.

Name the last truly innovative and original game out there. Minecraft maybe? Everything else is just the same type of game with "woop paint" on it. That's why we have the word "genre".

With that mentality we may as well continue playing A-10 Attack! instead of the latest and greatest (atm).

That s IT you ve sayd it all !

There s no revolution going on, just evolution, and in the GFX part mostly. Earthquakes, flood, etc im MP, this would be a revolution!

The gfx are really revolutionary, the SP as someone sayd highly scripted and i would add the AI none impressive, at least in the demo, but thats normal as they said the SP is just an introduction to the MP, not the focal point. A chance for you to at least know the weapons.

Revolutionary would be real physiqued environment as ED team did, compartimented damage affecting whole battlecapacity of the wounded, etc but unfortunatly we see no such thing, maybe another game wil do it.

So the gameplay is still basic run and gun, with some group more organized and most of them none at all.

The game has really its merit, impossible to deny it, and those demo are more handled as technology case, and they deserve it. In the technical part of the eyecandy (althought we don t know how it will run by the launch time) things are mesmerizing, but such kind of gameplay ain t my cup of tea anymore.

I prefer to wait for Arma 3, no offense.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

Unless you really like the BF series I don't see why you'd be hyped by this. From the trailer it sadly seems to be about the same game (boring scripted fightscenes, ai that throws themselfs at you, red screen auto generating health), a little better grafics and that's all.

It's another game I'd play for a couple of hours untill I get bored at looking at the explosions, complete it and then never touch again.

Unless you really like the BF series I don't see why you'd be hyped by this. From the trailer it sadly seems to be about the same game (boring scripted fightscenes, ai that throws themselfs at you, red screen auto generating health), a little better grafics and that's all.

It's another game I'd play for a couple of hours untill I get bored at looking at the explosions, complete it and then never touch again.

Think multiplayer! That's going to be.... well tha shizle!!!@#PO!@#

Thing I like about BC2 is that the dynamics almost force you to play as a team. When I first started, I found myself being gently but firmly prodded in that direction. I went from R&Ging to choosing to be assigned to a squad to choosing medic to following people around throwing med kits. And that's just on random servers. If you hook up with three other regular players to form a squad? You dominate. P.S. I suck at and hate COD.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pity that most n00bs just don't stay close as a squad... they spread all over the map... I wish such people were automatically kicked out from squad and even punished with medals of shame and minus points somehow.

I would love to team up with good fellows from this forums. Wanna add me? search for SHAMAN44. I had noone to play with so I pretty much stopped playing :< I don't have time to join any clans or new communities (forums) to find teamplayers.

Edited by Shaman

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

I don't understand why people hate this game so much, me and a couple of friends play BC2 quite often together, and have amassed countless hundreds of hours doing so. Definitely not something that I just complete on SP and throw away. Well granted, I only actually played through the singleplayer campaign once, but it isn't exactly the most dynamic of things is it?

If you aim for the sky, you will never hit the ground.