Battlefield 3 teaser

Kevlon

This nonsense with vehicles that regenerate health is a big step backwards IMO.

It's only a partially regenerating system. Only lightly damaged vehicles will auto-regen. Let's say you're in a tank, and you take a hit from an RPG. You can retreat to cover, and after a time, your vehicle with auto-regen, providing that you don't take another hit. If you do take another hit, your tank may become disabled (movement will slow to a crawl or stop altogether), and your armour will not automatically regenerate. At this time, you will need to repair your tank manually. While your vehicle is disabled like this, the weapons will still function so that you can provide covering fire for those that are repairing your tank. Sounds like a sweet system to me. It should put an end to engineers endlessly chasing after damaged vehicles being driven by oblivious drivers. :)

You can read more about it here: http://tinyurl.com/3ezuzww

Edited by KesMonkey

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ Knew that, but still don't like it. It reduces the importance of the engineer class.

Edited by asparagin
Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, MSI MEG X570 UNIFY (AM4, AMD X570, ATX), Noctua NH-DH14, EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti XC3 ULTRA, Seasonic Focus PX (850W), Kingston HyperX 240GB, Samsung 970 EVO Plus (1000GB, M.2 2280), 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4-3600 DIMM CL16, Cooler Master 932 HAF, Samsung Odyssey G5; 34", Win 10 X64 Pro, Track IR, TM Warthog, TM MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudders

Each new leak about BF3 just serves to chip away at my eagerness to play it. When I first heard about it I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. Every week there's some news about how dumbed down, consolised, and designed for twitch arcade FPS generation.

Each new leak about BF3 just serves to chip away at my eagerness to play it. When I first heard about it I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. Every week there's some news about how dumbed down, consolised, and designed for twitch arcade FPS generation.

jeez.. this place is just as bad as the Battlefield UK forum.. I didnt think that was possibole..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team
Rumor: MoH holders get it on Sept. 27th. Everyone else gets it on Sept. 29th.

Actually, those who pre-order through Origin (like me), will also get the 48 hours early access to the beta. :)

How on earth is that a rip off. They giving you early access to the game, for 10 days, for free. Sounds like the opposite of a rip off to me.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

How on earth is that a rip off. They giving you early access to the game, for 10 days, for free. Sounds like the opposite of a rip off to me.

No, Its very cool if you have not preordered the game. I just feel a bit riped off because of the big hype of the beta and it was supposed to be released at the beginning of this month.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The hype was mostly customer generated. And I've never seen anyone from the Dice say the public beta was meant to be released at the start of this month. I have seen plenty of random people spreading rumors around that it will be however.

At the end of the day, it's a demo by anther name. As I pre ordered on origin I've got the 2 day early access, but to be honest I doubt I'll really play for more than a few minutes, until the full release.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

The hype was mostly customer generated. And I've never seen anyone from the Dice say the public beta was meant to be released at the start of this month. I have seen plenty of random people spreading rumors around that it will be however.

At the end of the day, it's a demo by anther name. As I pre ordered on origin I've got the 2 day early access, but to be honest I doubt I'll really play for more than a few minutes, until the full release.

The comunity manager posted a tweet some time back that it would be released at the beginning of the month, thats where the hype started. I will play it and I'm looking forward to it,

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sounds to me like this one will go on the shelf until the post open beta patch comes out.:D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'