Battlefield 3 teaser

Kevlon

I always found the infantry only mode a bit boring a lot of the time, same with HC. BF to me is just something to play when I need a break from being serious and just want to jump into a game for half an hour or so. The arcadeish ott action, while not being total fantasy was always the main appeal.

If I want 'serious', well, that's what ArmA and DCS are for. :D

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I can say is another " Hackers Dream Game " has come to life...BF2 full of hackers who can't play worth shit...:music_whistling: So they revert to hacks...and yet claim they are not hacking..seen way to many hackers I care for..:doh:

Thank God for flight sims...hackers don't like these cause of huge learning curve, and hack developers..know there is no money for making hacks for flight sims...

A big plus is the flight community is a close group and the best I've come across...whereas FP's lots of flame wars..in forums and attitutes..here members are more than helpful...thats places us a level above...

So in closing I thank all DCS/FC2 members for their contributions..

Edited by Bearitall

All I can say is another " Hackers Dream Game " has come to life...BF2 full of hackers who can't play worth shit...:music_whistling: So they revert to hacks...and yet claim they are not hacking..seen way to many hackers I care for..:doh:

This actually IS annoying, I agree. Even with Punkbuster you see a lot of hacking going on, but that is true for most shooter games with a competative multiplayer component.

After some time you learn which servers have the serious players and which don't. Just login accordingly.

But yes, you still come across a guy with an aimbot, wallhack or whatnot.

I don't think you can prevent this fully, so I am definately not going to let it spoil my fun.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

This actually IS annoying, I agree. Even with Punkbuster you see a lot of hacking going on, but that is true for most shooter games with a competative multiplayer component.

After some time you learn which servers have the serious players and which don't. Just login accordingly.

But yes, you still come across a guy with an aimbot, wallhack or whatnot.

I don't think you can prevent this fully, so I am definately not going to let it spoil my fun.

For BF2 the only server I play on is The Big =E= clan...they have a server admin who also does work for PBBans...and there I have reported at least 10 players of hacking who turned up banned for hacking...you report with evidence and this Admin check it out even links to other Guid keys...automatic ban..for links to other guids with bans attached to them...

Indeed. Self regulation hand in hand with the limited protection of PB works ok enough.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-E, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 2400Mhz, Intel i7 9700K 5.0Ghz, Asus GTX1080 8GB, SoundBlaster AE-5, G15, Streamdeck, DSD Flight, TM Warthog, VirPil BRD, MFG Crosswind CAM5, TrackIR 5, KW-908 Jetseat, Win 10 64-bit

”Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.

However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore.”

What do people think then?

Needs a fair bit of tweaking, and I hate the map/rush in general, but it seems pretty good.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Not played yet.. But watched a video...

Still kinda pissed that the russians have a HAWK site setup at their little camp. But I'm glad they moved point B from the gazebo to just in front of the bridge. That map resulted in WAY to many games that didnt move past the first stage.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I have a few games of Operation Metro only. I actually don't mind the map, although it gets boring only being able to play it.

I was reading some forums in Australia about it. Someone claims to have played a match with an official tester (or something). This person apparently said that the build being used for this open beta is 2 or 3 months old. It's designed to test the server loads, etc. and that in a way, the beta only shows of 0.5 of the frostbite engine, but not the full engine.

Anyways, I take that with a pinch of salt!

• ED Team
I have a few games of Operation Metro only. I actually don't mind the map, although it gets boring only being able to play it.

I was reading some forums in Australia about it. Someone claims to have played a match with an official tester (or something). This person apparently said that the build being used for this open beta is 2 or 3 months old. It's designed to test the server loads, etc. and that in a way, the beta only shows of 0.5 of the frostbite engine, but not the full engine.

Anyways, I take that with a pinch of salt!

Hmm i heard something similiar but that was regarding the Alpha. But hey, who knows.

Kinda have my doubts about that though. Cause some people who played the alpha said the metro map had changed a little, so the build can't be that old.

Anyway, i loved the game, despite the load of bugs and unfinished features. Gonna be a blast. I even did some fraps recording on Caspian border flying jets. :) Ultra graphics, ultra smooth :D

And may I say, the sound in this game, holy COW! It's insanely good! When jets fly overhead, they actually sound like jets! :)

Hmm i heard something similiar but that was regarding the Alpha. But hey, who knows.

Kinda have my doubts about that though. Cause some people who played the alpha said the metro map had changed a little, so the build can't be that old.

Anyway, i loved the game, despite the load of bugs and unfinished features. Gonna be a blast. I even did some fraps recording on Caspian border flying jets. :) Ultra graphics, ultra smooth :D

And may I say, the sound in this game, holy COW! It's insanely good! When jets fly overhead, they actually sound like jets! :)

yeah, I also read today that DICE confirmed that the build was pretty old.

The speculations is because of SONY and Microsoft taking so long to aprove the beta. (unconfrimed )

Its a cool game, but I'm bored of the map now.. I'll play it when the game is released.

Edited by Kevlon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Its growing on me. The one and only game I had on Caspian Border really made a positive impression as it was a proper battlefield style map. I didnt get to fly anything, but I got in some great tank hunting time.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I spent years playing the Gulf of Oman map in BF2 so I am pumped to see it in the Back to Karkand pack. I've had a lot of fun but I hate the Metro map with a passion. While it's an interesting map I hate the close in, linear style maps and it's frustrating. It would have been awesome if they could have given us more maps to play but I'll have to wait until the 25th...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

EtherealN: I will promptly perform a sex change and offer my hand in marriage to whomever

I know your feeling guys, in AAO the map i hated the most was freaking Bridge, a single line, pathetic.

And it was the most played map just because its quick and rush like, a pleasure for the COD kids.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

I am really getting tired of the Rush mode and Metro map.

you and me both :music_whistling:

My Specs. below

ASUS TUF Z390 Pro Gaming

I5 9600K@4.5 Ghz.

32 Gb. G. Skill Rip Jaw V DDR4 @ 3200

MSI Gaming 1070 TI

Samsung 970 EVO+ NVME Pcie 500GB

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

OCZ 120GB vertex 2 SSD

Win10 64 Pro

TM Warthog

TM Cougar

Samsuny Odyssey +

CH Pro Pedals

ASUS 32" 2560X1440 Main

Samsung 23" LED/LCD 1920X1080

Corsair TX 850W

Corsair H100i GTX

HAF 932

I find BF3 finally a worthy replacement of my AAO passion; if they fix the controls. I am unable to assign many buttons, and assigning mouse controls doesn't work at all and I have one of the most popular gaming mices Logitech G9.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer