I'm shuttin' it!!!!

eaglecash867

Hey guys. I know I upset some people here with my off-color remarks about the communication from the staff. My new name, and the photo one of my new fans came up with in his precious free-time were AWESOME. LOL. Seriously, dude, couldn't have come up with better, even if my whole life revolved around sims and forums. You got me beat there, bud. Anyway, I downloaded the final release torrent last night (and yes, I pre-ordered and paid for the betas AND the final). It confounded me too, guys. I think some of you thought the betas were free. But, remember, we all paid for a serial number, which we needed to actually play the game. :smilewink: But, what I've gotta say is the final release is very streamlined. The installation process kicks ass, with only a small window doing the work. So far the sim runs flawlessly. I have only had about 10 minutes at a time to put into looking at it, but I can tell you that everything about takeoff in the AGM-65 training mission looks and feels fantastic. The training narrative about the 65, I could have written myself, but nevermind that. It was easy to do, but don't get me wrong, ED. Your development process is what it is, and you hit walls. I know this. A broadcast e-mail ain't hard though. :smilewink: Write that sucker. Edit the sucker from a few days before to reflect a change, or an error you made. No way around it though. The final product the ED boys have produced is KICK-ASS. I've gotten into takeoff and post-takeoff so far, and it sorta came up the other day when a mechanic reached into the cockpit during ground tests and said "I'm gonna pull the gear warning breaker. You'll have a nervous breakdown havin to listen to that." So far I've just played keyboard pilot to see what the frame rates are like. But you have produced what looks like top-notch stuff here, and I have to offer my apologies for bein so critical. Oh, and to my new buddy who has dedicated so much time to me? I LOVE YOU TOO, MAN! LOL! Cheers! :pilotfly:

• Like 1

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

For someone shutting it, you sure have a lot to say:smilewink:...welcome back.

Edited by WarriorX

For someone shutting it, you sure have a lot to say:smilewink:...welcome back.

LOL WarrorX! Touche'! Heh...an old Bugs Bunny cartoon comes to mind here. SHEDEPP SHEDDIN EPP! :D Thanks Warrior. I lose myself sometimes cuz I usually deal with people with REALLY thick skin. OY. Onto mappin my HOTAS tomorrow, but I'm hopeful that the GUI manual will help me with that.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Ah good old Bugs...and my favorite Foghorn Leghorn...anyways regarding your HOTAS mapping, just remember to be sure to clear out any default assignments before you go trying to reassign any new ones.

It will most probably crash to desktop if you try to assign a new one to an already assigned button.

Ah good old Bugs...and my favorite Foghorn Leghorn...anyways regarding your HOTAS mapping, just remember to be sure to clear out any default assignments before you go trying to reassign any new ones.

It will most probably crash to desktop if you try to assign a new one to an already assigned button.

I say...I say...I've come heah to bury the hatchet. NO! Not in yo pointed head, boy! LOL. Got it WarriorX...kinda like the old LOMAC days where a CH profile would cause an uncleared control set in LOMAC to cause LOMAC to go apeshit. Wouldn't quite CTD...but it would definitely get jealous. GUYS! RELAX! ANOTHER JOKE! LOL. This ain't your girlfriend...so RELAX! I've seen some of your comments on the CDU, Warrior, and I can say you're dead on. Gotta learn how to use it. It is what it is. I know I'm critical of ED guys, but this one ain't their fault...al they're doing is simulating this. Just learn your bird...learn its quirks. So muich of it is counter-intuitive, but that's just the way it is. It all depends on who was project engineer that critical day the particular software build for your bird was loaded.

A little ease on the cough syrup and more paragraphs would do wonders. ;):D

Sorry...can't accomodate everybody. Can only do cough syrup and heroin at the same time in limited amounts. Hope that's not a problem for you. :D