Looking for CH Product input...

Hey guys, just looking for some input on CH products. I'm looking at the pro pedals, throttle and "flightstick". I currently have the X52 which has served me well since 2007, but it's coming to a point where i need a new setup.

The TM WH looks great, but I'm still unsure about longevity and it comes at a high price here in Canada when you factor in taxes/shipping and rudder pedals.

Not interested in a motion sensor stick X65 and the Logitech FFB and weak reviews have turned me off that one.

Any input would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

:joystick:

Cool thanks guys, I'm so HOTAS torn...I know there are bigger problems to have, but regardless.

Haven't read many negative comments on CH products, especially over years of use.

:pilotfly:

You won't see many negative comments about CH, I've had mine for several years without any problems also. They are built to last.

• Like 1

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

After more than 4 years of heavy use my CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Pedals are still working flawlessly. I know some guys say they are turned off by the plastic design, however I can attest that the plastic used is very high quality. There has been no degradation the stick or any of the buttons or other internal/external components. I would estimate that I have at least 1500 hours use on my CH gear and I am amazed that there is virtually no signs of wear on any of the three units and they work as precisely as when I first took them out of the box.

The CH programming software is very powerful. If you like to write programming code you can create powerful scripts. If you are not a programmer type you can simply use basic keypress or macro recordings to map over 300 commands between the throttle and stick.

In summary, the CH controllers are durable, reliable, precise and made from high quality industrial components. No mods are needed and they are less expensive than the flagship offerings from the other major HOTAS manufacturers.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Flight Box: ASUS P8P67 DELUXE, i7-2700K @ 4.5GHz, 8GB DDR3, Kingston 96GB SSD, EVGA GTX-570 HD 2560MB, Sony KDL-32BX420 32", 2 x Lilliput UM-70, Win7 Pro 64, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, Pro Pedals

I'm really enjoying my Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog now though...

I am very concerned about spending my hard earned cash on this and getting a defective unit, or seeing the throttle CMOS brick or Gawd knows what else.

• Like 1

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Ditto everyone else here. I came from an X45 and now have the same setup you are considering. It has performed great for years. I got the CH yoke and pedals probably 10-12 years ago (I think) and got the Fighterstick and Pro Throttle probably 4 years ago. All are still functioning perfectly. The control manager software is very powerful and you really can't beat the service from the CH guys. They are a great group and quickly address any problems you have. You won't be disappointed.

• Like 1

That's great guys thanks so much! No problems with setting up the HOTAS with Black Shark or A-10C? Are they connected at all VIA USB/power cables? Or do each control unit plug into a separate USB hub?

I would love to get the TM Hog, but I'm just having a hard time coming to terms with spending $500 (plus Canadian taxes + shipping + rudder pedals) ... plus I'm only slightly skeptical because it's a new product and not sure how it will run over 2 years. I'm sure it will be fine...it's probably the price that's keeping me cautious at this point.

I can get a complete CH setup for $400 all in...vs $750 for the warthog. I still have some time so that's helpful.

Thanks again guys for input...+1's to everyone ;)

Edited by element1108

Separate pieces. Along these lines- when setting up CH in the Control Manager for the first time- It will ask you if you want to combine devices into 1- DO NOT. Leave them separate. This was meant to accommodate older games that could not account for multiple devices.

Combining them will result in conflicts when trying to map your axis'.

I am very concerned about spending my hard earned cash on this and getting a defective unit, or seeing the throttle CMOS brick or Gawd knows what else.

heh, I rather be positive. See, if something happens the thing is under warranty anyway so why worry... Plenty of other stuff to worry about with our everyday life ;)

=ACU=Tech

TECH Systemes

Computer 1 Computer 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My CH pedals are great. So on a quality of product perspective CH products are very reliable, at least for the pedals. I haven't used the HOTAS.

I have to agree with you it's a tough decision, I upgraded to the TM:WH from X-52 although the CH products looked great and I seriously considered them. I think it was the whole DCS:A-10 / TM:WH compatability thing that made the decision easier for me. I beleive CH is designing an A-10 setup though, no idea when it will be released.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

CH has indeed created an A-10C replica stick. Only problem is, they wont release it to the public "at this time". I tried talking to Debbie at CH about it last October. They are only marketing it to the DOD contractors. They told me perhaps one day in the future it will be made available. I told her by then it'll be too late, Thrustmaster will own the market share for that style.

Oh well, kind of a bummer. I've been using CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pedals for 8 yrs now and have zero complaints.

I had issue with the FX, the throttle sticking and having to clean it several time, and had to change CH rudder pot once, on the positive factor is while i switched the pots i modded it for toe brake.

As a side information none of them was USB, so you can guess how old this info is.

As a side note, the throttle is uglyer than my butt not that confortable and now very underfunctional comparable to other top hotas.

The rudders are cramped not being wide enought for someone above 1m70. I had to use the edge to push the pedals to be confortable.

But in overall they are as reliable as the best sets if not more, and suppport is certainly more efficient than TM.

HaF 922, Asus rampage extreme 3 gene, I7 950 with Noctua D14, MSI gtx 460 hawk, G skill 1600 8gb, 1.5 giga samsung HD.

Track IR 5, Hall sensed Cougar, Hall sensed TM RCS TM Warthog(2283), TM MFD, Saitek pro combat rudder, Cougar MFD.

CH has indeed created an A-10C replica stick. Only problem is, they wont release it to the public "at this time". I tried talking to Debbie at CH about it last October. They are only marketing it to the DOD contractors. They told me perhaps one day in the future it will be made available. I told her by then it'll be too late, Thrustmaster will own the market share for that style.

Oh well, kind of a bummer. I've been using CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pedals for 8 yrs now and have zero complaints.

Yep. It looks frickin l33t too. The Fighterstick is actually about perfect for DCS A10 as it is right now- it's only missing a dual stage trigger. I would love to get my hands on that new throttle... Too bad it's not available in civvy clothes yet..

Separate pieces. Along these lines- when setting up CH in the Control Manager for the first time- It will ask you if you want to combine devices into 1- DO NOT. Leave them separate. This was meant to accommodate older games that could not account for multiple devices.

Combining them will result in conflicts when trying to map your axis'.

Good advice if only playing a modern sim. But you can also combine them if you want to use a map for an older sim.

Also, depending on how many axis you need in the sim, it may be simpler setting them up as one device even for a more recent sim.

That is one advantage the CH software has over the TM software. Currently in T.A.R.G.E.T you have to combine you controllers into one device.

I had issue with the FX, the throttle sticking and having to clean it several time, and had to change CH rudder pot once, on the positive factor is while i switched the pots i modded it for toe brake.

As a side information none of them was USB, so you can guess how old this info is.

As a side note, the throttle is uglyer than my butt not that confortable and now very underfunctional comparable to other top hotas.

The rudders are cramped not being wide enought for someone above 1m70. I had to use the edge to push the pedals to be confortable.

But in overall they are as reliable as the best sets if not more, and suppport is certainly more efficient than TM.

Don't mind the rudder configuration and I think the fighterstick works splendidly. The one glaring defect, imho, with the current CH hotas is the throttle. I really dislike the flat slider motion and they really need to improve the button layout on it.

Yeah- combining was OK for LOMAC up to FC 2.0.; In DCS the problem lies within the rudders & the new availability of differential toe braking.

Note that axis assignments are repeated over the spread of the 3 devices. If they were combined into 1- you would NOT be able to do this. Conflict.

axis%20mappings.jpg

• Like 1

I've been using all three components for about six months, and I'm thoroughly satisfied. I do kind of regret not springing for the fighter stick instead of the flight stick though. I'm a lefty and I thought the flight stick would be more versatile, but I just wound up learning how to fly right handed. In fact, I'm thinking of unloading my flight stick if you're interested.

EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming | i5 7600K 3.8 GHz | ASRock Z270 Pro4 | Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 16 GB | PNY CS2030 NVMe SSD 480 GB | WD Blue 7200 RPM 1TB HDD | Corsair Carbide 200R ATX Mid-Tower | Win 10 x64

That's great guys thanks so much! No problems with setting up the HOTAS with Black Shark or A-10C? Are they connected at all VIA USB/power cables? Or do each control unit plug into a separate USB hub?

I had no problems whatsoever configuring in either BS or A-10. In fact, going from beta to beta with A-10 (clean installs) I only had to remap the flight control axes. All the buttons mapped right over. The CH Control Manager makes easy work of it. You can use someone's config files as a starting point and tweak it to your liking. Real easy to do and there is a rather active community for help when you need it.

My desk setup allows the devices to be plugged directly into the computer but supposedly you can use a powered USB hub. I've never tried it but have read about others that have.

[quote=wickedfastball;

My desk setup allows the devices to be plugged directly into the computer but supposedly you can use a powered USB hub. I've never tried it but have read about others that have.

I use a D-Link 7 port, powered USB hub and have no issues at all.

-Mack

book.gif Brand New Cougar + Simpeds + New Hall and Throttle Mods

This is on SimHG??? Community Buy, Sell, Trade!!!!

Good Luck

Edited by celticcoho

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Celticcoho (OriginFreedom)

WIN 7 64 bit, I7975 at 3.6ghz,X58 Classified 3 Mobo, 6gb Corsair 2000 ram, 2 ea ATI 5870 Eyefinity 6 2gb's , 27" Ultra Sharp,(main view), 3 23"touch screens , Tm Warthog, Saitek Combat Pedals Track IR 5,:D JIM.:book: