Slider vs Zoom

Belphe

I am having problems with setting up the zoom slider on my X52. I'd like it to be set accordingly:

0% physical slide = normal cockpit view (not zoomed, which is roughly @50%) / 100% physical slide = 100% zoom in (max. I can get)

The problem with my trials is that I can only get 2 outcomes:

1) I get what I want but inverted: 0% physical slide = 100% zoom in (max. I can get) / 100% physical slide = normal cockpit view (not zoomed, which is roughly @50%)

or if I "tick" invert

2) 0% physical slide = -100% zoom (100% zoom out) / 100% physical slide = normal cockpit view (not zoomed, which is roughly @50%)

I tried this with "slider" ticked. Any chance to make it to work?

PS. I'm very sorry. I should have put this under Input & Output... Please, move this thread there. I appologize!

Edited by Belphe

Never say never, Baby!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

have you tried adjusting the axis curve in the gui options. i found that useful when i had my 52 noob. i think i was using about 40 on the curve from memory as well as a dead zone. the biggest problem was the "twitch", that has happened to a number of people (hence the deadzone)

have i understood your question?

sorry, if i haven't.....

Action After Contemplation

Hmm, but that's where I do my tweaking... in the GUI. Is there any other way to change it?

In simple words, I just need to get the half of the "VIRTUAL" movement (from a normal/default cockpit view to a max zoom in) and "stretch" it onto the whole "PHYSICAL" movement of my X52 slider.

I can do the opposite (from a max zoom out to a normal/default cockpit view) or inverted (from a max zoom in to a normal/default cockpit view)... The latter is what I want but the slider is inverted and it's very uncomfortable.

Please, have a go with this and see if you can do it.

Never say never, Baby!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

how about setting bands in the slider options through the sst and assigning the appropriate settings to the band areas, perhaps using snap views? it may achieve what you want but it it would be "stepped" rather than a fluid movement.

my saitek is buried atm, i replaced it after 5 years use with a TM:WH. i think i understand what you want to do, i'll have a wee think....

Action After Contemplation

The slider will be a nightmare mate, honestly! You will get 'flickers' if you use it because it is not a 'precise' method. You really are better off with just using the mouse wheel on the throttle. trust me. I been where you are and set the slider up for Black Shark. Yuk.

GL.

'T'

• Like 1

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

That's why I wanted to keep the max down position as the normal zoom and max up as max zoom in (get rid of the max zoom out while the slider is down). Keeping the slider on either extreemes (edges) would not cause flickers... I think... :/

But since I cannot make it to work like that I'll try the scroll wheel...

Thank you!

Edited by Belphe

Never say never, Baby!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You can set zoom limitation(in/out) in config/view/view.lua file .

-- Camera view angle limits {view angle min, view angle max}.

CameraViewAngleLimits = {}

CameraViewAngleLimits[su_27] = {20.0, 120.0}

CameraViewAngleLimits[su_33] = {20.0, 120.0}

CameraViewAngleLimits[su_25] = {20.0, 120.0}

CameraViewAngleLimits[su_25T] = {20.0, 120.0}

CameraViewAngleLimits[MiG_29] = {20.0, 120.0}

CameraViewAngleLimits[MIG_29K] = {20.0, 120.0}

CameraViewAngleLimits[F_15] = {20.0, 140.0}

CameraViewAngleLimits[A_10A] = {20.0, 140.0}

CameraViewAngleLimits[KA_50] = {20.0, 120.0}

CameraViewAngleLimits[A_10C] = {25.0, 86.0}

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Aerial Operations

I did it in the profile editor 0-10% = Zoom in, 90-100% = Zoom out, 10-90% = do nothing. Works perfectly for me.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG Rampage Extreme VI; i9 7900X (all 10 cores at 4.5GHz); 32 Gb Corsair Dominator DDR4; EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid; 1Tb Samsung 960 Evo M2; 2Tb Samsung 850 Pro secondary.

Oculus Rift; TM Warthog; Saitek Combat Pros.

You can set zoom limitation(in/out) in config/view/view.lua file .

[...]

CameraViewAngleLimits[A_10C] = {25.0, 86.0}

Mine has this instead:

CameraViewAngleLimits[A_10C] = CameraViewAngleLimits[A_10A]

Does it mean I should make the changes under A-10A??

Never say never, Baby!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You could do that I think but what works better is simply remove the bit after the = and putting the {25.0, 86.0} there instead.

Also make sure if you don't know already not to make these adjustments with notepad. but use notepad++ instead. Google it to download.

Mine has this instead:

CameraViewAngleLimits[A_10C] = CameraViewAngleLimits[A_10A]

Does it mean I should make the changes under A-10A??

Maybe, you can try both ways,but dont forget to save backup....Is this solution for you problem? If i understand you well, you want to tweak zoom out level which is realy to long on default settings?

P.S. For editing lua files use Notepad++ ...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Aerial Operations

how about setting bands in the slider options through the sst and assigning the appropriate settings to the band areas, perhaps using snap views? it may achieve what you want but it it would be "stepped" rather than a fluid movement.

my saitek is buried atm, i replaced it after 5 years use with a TM:WH. i think i understand what you want to do, i'll have a wee think....

(edited) nevermind... He said it.. I dunno if this prehistoric screenshot of bands would be relevant to today's SST...

rotary%20bands.JPG

Edited by S77th-konkussion

Hmmm very good ideas here...

I like using my rotary to zoom because the placement is perfect for me but the shaking does suck.

Does anyone know what causes the shaking?

i7 8700K @ 4.4Ghz, 16G 3200 RAM, Nvidia 1080Ti, T16000 HOTAS, TIR5, 75" DLP Monitor

Exactly! I fly Rise Of Flight where I have my radiator and fuel mixture assigned to those two rotaries on the throttle. God, how many times have I damaged my engine or boiled the water in my radiator because the settings were changed by my "self-propelled, full-auto, moving" rotaries when I wasn't looking... :D

Never say never, Baby!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hijack, I like that idea! At the moment I have it so that slider zoom requires the "A" joystick button as a modifier, works well but then I loose a button. But ill give this 5 level step thingo a shot.

P.S. Its kinda hard to follow and I haven't given it a try yet, but there may be a software method of smoothing out the dodgy axes in this thread:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.ph...685#post998685

SPECS: Intel Core i5 760 @ 3.2 Ghz +turboboost enabled, 12 GB DDR3 1600 @ 1500 Mhz, ATI Radeon 5850, TrackIR 5, X52 Pro and Saitek pedals

• 10 years later...

Is it still Possible to change? I dont find the "CameraViewAngleLimitts". Not in "View.lua" and also not in "SnapViewsDefault.lua"

I l ike to change this setting similar with my x52 Pro Throttle Slider

Lets say:

From 0%-100% Virtual Zoom 50% = "normal zoom"

I want: 0% Physical Slider = 20% or 30% Virtual Zoom and 100% Physical Slider = 100% Virtual Zoom.

https://postimg.cc/jLfHwW6X/33df61c1 (0% Zoom (100% zoom out) = Physical Slider 0%)

https://postimg.cc/R3gK5w9M/352ee94e (~20-30% Zoom) =  (this should it look like when 0% Physical Slider Zoom)

On 2/28/2011 at 7:39 PM, HiJack said:

This is the best settings for slider without the "shaking" problem. This setting will give 5 zoom levels:

picture.php?albumid=420&pictureid=3264

(HJ)

@HiJackCan you re-uplaoad this?

Edited by -Relax-

On 5/17/2021 at 7:56 PM, -Relax- said:

Is it still Possible to change? I dont find the "CameraViewAngleLimitts". Not in "View.lua" and also not in "SnapViewsDefault.lua"

I l ike to change this setting similar with my x52 Pro Throttle Slider

Lets say:

From 0%-100% Virtual Zoom 50% = "normal zoom"

I want: 0% Physical Slider = 20% or 30% Virtual Zoom and 100% Physical Slider = 100% Virtual Zoom.

https://postimg.cc/jLfHwW6X/33df61c1 (0% Zoom (100% zoom out) = Physical Slider 0%)

https://postimg.cc/R3gK5w9M/352ee94e (~20-30% Zoom) =  (this should it look like when 0% Physical Slider Zoom)

@HiJackCan you re-uplaoad this?

I have to upload it again but this is an old image but the settings still does work. I will check my settings what they are like today but here are the old one.

Slider - 5 zoom levels - BETA4.png

Edited by HiJack