To Eagle Dynamic Team: Possible bug ?

cweng

your mission is OK, except one aspect - attack point for group one is too close to enemy vehicles and Su-25T don't have time to prepare itself for attack. Move attack point in 3 km before a enemy group - it will attack all right :)

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

Still have problem

Hi, I reedited the mission and replaced the laster guied missles with ODAB-500 fuel air bombs. I have also attached the newly edited mission in this post.

This time they attack but I have a few questions:

1. The Su-25ts only attack at waypoint 1 if I forced it to use cannon. If I choose 'any weapons' in the mission editor, they will not attack - they just fly by!

2. How come the Su-25ts only attack one round and leave. They dont turn back to do a second round ?

3. After the Su-25ts attack at the first attack point, they do not fly to the second attack point planned in the mission editor. Why ?

test.zip

1) I recommend you to use Vikhr missiles as primary weapon for anti-armor tasks, ODAB is more anti-personnel weapon.

2) when I watch this mission - they attack many times.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

cweng said - Sometimes when I add an attack target, the target is designated as 'Saki'. What does that mean ?

Saki is one of the airbases (on the West coast of the Crimea about halfway up).

What may be happening is that you have a number of units in a group and you have assigned the group as a target, (this means every unit in the group is assigned). If you mistakenly try to assign a unit in the group to be a target (ie. trying to assign them for a second time) then Lockon knows this unit is already a target, can't assign it twice, so it picks the nearest airbase as a target, in your example - Saki.

Try an experiment - set up an aircraft, attack waypoint, etc., when adding a target just click on the sea on various places around the map, you will see that the target will snap to selecting the nearest airbase.

The Mission Editor takes a little time to get used to how it works. these problems you are having are not bugs, it may be better if you just post your questions in the general forum area rather than the bug area. You will get help from folks there, no worries!

To expand on what Dmut already said - the bigger the AI aircraft the longer distance it needs to get ready for its attack, so put the attack waypoint further away. The type of weapon makes a difference too, a tough weapon/aircraft combination to get working correctly is the B-1 and AGM-154, as the 154 glides in to the target so it needs to be released high enough. The F-18 and the AGM-123 is tough too....

Another thing to double-check is that the weapon loadout is OK. The most likely reason for no attack is no weapons. Some things (like changing the TASK of an aircraft) can zap the weapon loadout back to EMPTY. This is sometimes the reason you get cannon attack only.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....