A10 Ground Support

Ryanj73

**Sorry if this has been posted here before but I just watched this clip and had to share. **

Has cockpit audio along with JTAC audio, (I'd call him, "the guy who is scared sh*%less for his life", based on how he sounds near the end of the clip. Heck, I'd be scared too)

Awesome video!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=4f3_1273553162

:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

-Leonerdo da Vinci

Area-51 X58

Intel Core i7-940 2.93 GHz 8MB Cache

1000 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply

Dual 896MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

6GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1066MHz - 3 x 2048MB

Motherboard- Socket 1366 Dual Triple Channel DDR3 Memory

Windows 10 (64-bit)

hey man great quote in your sig (check mine out!)

Were you a pilot by any chance in the gulf war?

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Intel i7-4790k | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heat sink | Thermaltake Core V71 case | 750W EVGA PSU | 8gb G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 RAM | MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150 motherboard | Samsung SSD | ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | TIR 5 | Razer Deathadder | Corsair K70

hey man great quote in your sig (check mine out!)

Were you a pilot by any chance in the gulf war?

Great minds think alike!

I was an AMH3 (Aviation Hydraulicsman, Third Class Petty Officer). I joined because I wanted to go through a program that no longer exists called NAVCAD, in which you go through flight training while getting your college degree. After being in for a couple of years, I got all my endorsements, recommendations and paperwork together for the program when my older brother was diagnosed with leukemia. Long story short, I ended up having to get a humanitarian transfer to Balboa Naval Hospital in San Diego where my brother was (he was a Navy Medic). A few months later we were sent off to the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Reasearch center in Seattle where we underwent a bone marrow transplant (a 6 month procedure at the time) A few months later I was honerably discharged because I needed to help my family out. Several years later, I ended up getting my commercial pilots liscence (Multi-Engine, Instrument Rated). I am going to begin working as a Certified Flight Instructor in a few months. What I DID get to fly while I was enlisted was a T-34 Mentor. A tandem cockpit trainer that you start off in before moving into jets. That was a kick-ass experience as I got to fly a ton of manuevers with our Captain. There is nothing like upset training and dogfighting manuevers, SO MUCH FUN! :pilotfly:

How about yourself, any flying experience?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

-Leonerdo da Vinci

Area-51 X58

Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ryanj73,

Good to see a fellow Indy vet on here. I was a DS3 on the USS Independence from 93' to 95'. I've even got a patch from your squadron somewhere around here.

NO WAY!! So were you stationed out of Yokosuka? I was stationed at Atsugi, but we would fly onto the boat when we'd steam.

Truly nice to "meet" another person on the boards that knows what its really like to live on an aircraft carrier, especially the Indy! I dont miss it at all except for working on the flight deck.

Miss that smell of JP5!!! Ahhhh.....:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-Leonerdo da Vinci

Area-51 X58

Windows 10 (64-bit)

**Sorry if this has been posted here before but I just watched this clip and had to share. **

Has cockpit audio along with JTAC audio, (I'd call him, "the guy who is scared sh*%less for his life", based on how he sounds near the end of the clip. Heck, I'd be scared too)

Awesome video!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=4f3_1273553162

:thumbup:

Ya its been around a few times. Good Video though. There is a Screen shot and Video thread.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6 Monitors, 5 Video Cards, 90inch Flat Screen, Intel Bad Ass 2 @ 72.6Ghz, Atari Hotas!!!

NO WAY!! So were you stationed out of Yokosuka? I was stationed at Atsugi, but we would fly onto the boat when we'd steam.

Truly nice to "meet" another person on the boards that knows what its really like to live on an aircraft carrier, especially the Indy! I dont miss it at all except for working on the flight deck.

Miss that smell of JP5!!! Ahhhh.....:D

Yep, was stationed out of Yokosuka and lived on the boat full time. I always envied the air wing guys cause you got to move off the boat in port. If only I would have let the MEPS guy talk me into being an AT instead of DS, then I could have lived in cushy barracks when in port too. :lol:

In Nov of 93' I flew into Narita and checked in to the Indy the night before getting underway for a deployment to the gulf. Were you able to avoid that cruise?

Funny thing about the JP5, I've been out since 97' and a couple of years ago I was in San Diego for a conference. I was staying at a hotel just a couple of blocks from the USS Midway so I took a tour. The first thing I noticed was the smell of JP5 and it instantly brought back a bunch of memories. :smilewink: And water just doesn't taste the same without that JP5 flavor either.

Yep, was stationed out of Yokosuka and lived on the boat full time. I always envied the air wing guys cause you got to move off the boat in port. If only I would have let the MEPS guy talk me into being an AT instead of DS, then I could have lived in cushy barracks when in port too. :lol:

In Nov of 93' I flew into Narita and checked in to the Indy the night before getting underway for a deployment to the gulf. Were you able to avoid that cruise?

Funny thing about the JP5, I've been out since 97' and a couple of years ago I was in San Diego for a conference. I was staying at a hotel just a couple of blocks from the USS Midway so I took a tour. The first thing I noticed was the smell of JP5 and it instantly brought back a bunch of memories. :smilewink: And water just doesn't taste the same without that JP5 flavor either.

Yeah, avoided that cruise but not the 2 prior. I forgot about the water tasting like jet fuel, ahhhhhh......memories! :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-Leonerdo da Vinci

Area-51 X58

Windows 10 (64-bit)

Ya its been around a few times. Good Video though. There is a Screen shot and Video thread.

My bad, I forgot about those forums.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-Leonerdo da Vinci

Area-51 X58

Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've been that "Scared sh*%less" guy on the ground. I was our company FO for a short while. Sadley, I never got to call any fixed-wing missions but I did call a few mortar. I have been on the ground when fixed-wing was called in though. Like a gift from heaven!

Thanks for the video.