Fictional Canadian A-10C - 410 "Cougar" Squadron

Here's a fictional CAF paint scheme for the A-10C, featuring tail art for No. 410 "Cougar" Squadron.

Based on one of the two-tone Low Vis schemes used by the CF-18 over the years, this skin uses Canadian camo colours and marking styles.

CAF2.jpg

CAF3.jpg

CAF7.jpg

CAF5.jpg

CAF6.jpg

Working on a couple of things still, like the aircraft serial numbers. The CAF display the last three digits of the serial number on the opposite wing to the nationality marking. I don't think I can do this in DCS:A-10C, so I'll have to use just tail numbers (and maybe the last three on the nose).

Also planning to "Canuckify" some of the stencilling to look more authentic, the CAF use a lot international symbology (probably due to bilingualism) rather than text based stencils, a good example is the use of a boot print with an X through it rather than the english "NO STEP".

Edited by jocko417

Ok, this one is basically done, until I figure out how to get the serial generator to work here it is with a static serial. Canadian Forces aircraft use a 6 digit serial number, the first three are type specific and the last three are individual aircraft specific. Sometimes the first three are a bastardized version of the original type number, ie. "104" for the Starfighter, "188" for the Hornet, "177" for the C-17, etc..

This posed a problem for the A-10, as "100" and "110" were already used by other types so I went with a (so far) unused type number - 159.

For the last three I chose 410, as it's a 410 squadron skin. The font used for the numbering is authentic.

CFd-1.jpg

CFc-1.jpg

CFb-1.jpg

CF1.jpg

Going to reskin the pilot figure in a Canadian OD Green suit.

Edited by jocko417

Ok, this one is basically done, until I figure out how to get the serial generator to work here it is with a static serial. Canadian Forces aircraft use a 6 digit serial number, the first three are type specific and the last three are individual aircraft specific. Sometimes the first three are a bastardized version of the original type number, ie. "104" for the Starfighter, "188" for the Hornet, "177" for the C-17, etc..

This posed a problem for the A-10, as "100" and "110" were already used by other types so I went with a (so far) unused type number - 159.

For the last three I chose 410, as it's a 410 squadron skin. The font used for the numbering is authentic.

CFd-1.jpg

CFc-1.jpg

CFb-1.jpg

CF1.jpg

Going to reskin the pilot figure in a Canadian OD Green suit.

Perfect. Looking good. Nice job.:thumbup:

• 2 months later...