Graphical HOTAS Layout

jeffyd123

Hi all...

I have taken some parts of Red baron's excellent G940 profile and made up a quick reference HOTAS layout.

Red Baron did a REALLY EXCELLENT job of burning the functions of the HOTAS buttons into our overloaded minds... thanks Red Baron!

Hope it helps our new pilots learn the muscle memory a bit quicker.

It will print on an letter sized piece of paper.The large version shows where the buttons are on the Warthog and uses 2 pages (thanks eddiejb for the new version!)

Comments are welcome

Jeff

attachment.php?attachmentid=50547&stc=1&d=1303437948

1173883227_A-10CGraphicalHotas.thumb.jpg.b7014649a04a079c5744533ae7b7bdd5.jpg

A-10C Graphical Hotas Small.pdf

A-10C Graphical Hotas Large.pdf

Edited by jeffyd123
  • Like 2

i7 8700K @ 4.4Ghz, 16G 3200 RAM, Nvidia 1080Ti, T16000 HOTAS, TIR5, 75" DLP Monitor

Your Coolie Hat graphic needs to be rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise so that HUD SOI and MSG Peek are aligned with the UP text.

I would switch the AFT and FWD to LEFT and RIGHT on that Coolie graphic as well.

("MR PERFECT":megalol: Just ask my wife she will definitely disagree with that one..) noticed that you did not switch the AFT and FWD to LEFT and RIGHT on that Coolie graphic

• 2 weeks later...

wow very nice thx for the post jeffyd123

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheA10FAN?feature=mhum

coolermaster HAF full tower

Intell i7 960 bloomfield 4.0Ghz

Evga X58 Classified 3 mobo

Corsair H-60 Hydro Cooler

Corsair Dominator GT 12g DDR3 1866 ram

Corsair Pro Series AX1200w ps

OCZ Vertex3 SSD 240g

Evga GTX590 Vid Card

Creative X-FI Titanium soundcard

TM Warthog Hotas

Very nice work. Would you mind if I repost it over at SimHQ?

Regards..

BeachAV8R

Absolutely Beach.

thanks guys i appreciate the kind words... Ive been seeing a lot of new guys whose heads are about to explode LOL. This chart really does help for the first month or so.

Great Job Red Baron!

Edited by jeffyd123

i7 8700K @ 4.4Ghz, 16G 3200 RAM, Nvidia 1080Ti, T16000 HOTAS, TIR5, 75" DLP Monitor

Absolutely Beach.

thanks guys i appreciate the kind words... Ive been seeing a lot of new guys whose heads are about to explode LOL. This chart really does help for the first month or so.

Great Job Red Baron!

For the first month or so!!?? Ive been playing this Sim since Beta1 and I've just downloaded this chart to stick on the wall as a reminder... very useful! :music_whistling: :pilotfly:

~~~ Win7 64bit // i5 2500K @4.2Ghz // ASUS P8P67 Pro ~~~

~~~ H50 Cooler // 12GB 1600 DDR3 // EVGA GTX580 SC ~~~

~~~ TMW // Combat Pedals // TrackIR 4 ~~~

I have to admit, after about 3 weeks of flying I found this and converted it... I was very surprised that I actually learned a couple of new "HAT Moves" (Like DSMS Peek which i use a lot now) on my HOTAS.... the layout is so perfect for learning something like this.

• Like 1

:thumbup:

That is the result of thinking outside of the box :D

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

Totally Noob question --

I am trying to configure my G940 to run A-10C and would like to try Red Baron's profile BUT I can't figure out what all those crosses and diamonds and other symbols mean.

They appear to be menus for functions beyond the basic switches and buttons in the diagrams but I can't figure them out.

Could someone please explain them?

How do you set them and how do you use them?

Thx.

Edited by HotTom

Exceptional engineering...and a large hammer to make it fit!

the diamonds, crosses, and other symbols represent what your sensor of interest (SOI) is. For instance, DMS up zooms in the map if the TAD is SOI, or it zooms in the targeting pod if your TGP is the SOI, or switches to the next steer point if the HUD is the SOI, etc.

It really confused me at first how the same HOTAS button has multiple functions like this and it only gets more messy when you consider long/short key presses. It all becomes rather intuitive eventually, the real world designers did a good job even if it seems a bit chaotic at first!

the diamonds, crosses, and other symbols represent what your sensor of interest (SOI) is. For instance, DMS up zooms in the map if the TAD is SOI, or it zooms in the targeting pod if your TGP is the SOI, or switches to the next steer point if the HUD is the SOI, etc.

It really confused me at first how the same HOTAS button has multiple functions like this and it only gets more messy when you consider long/short key presses. It all becomes rather intuitive eventually, the real world designers did a good job even if it seems a bit chaotic at first!

Okay (I guess:huh:).

And how do you map all of these?

My skills at setting up stuff like this are strictly monkey-see-monkey-do but I don't have a monkey (documentation) to copy...

Exceptional engineering...and a large hammer to make it fit!

depending on the stick you have you can use the Stick's profiling software or map the controls directly in the game (look for "HOTAS" in the controls list).

I have an X-65 with lots of HATS so i mapped them directly in the game... My buddy had an X-45 and he mapped all of the HATS in the game too but used modifiers to make some of the HATS have 2 different functions depending whether they were shifted (modified) or not.

If you have a TM WartHog you are already good to go.

I tried to map my HATS as close to the real stick as possible... getting a layout of the HOTAS setup in the sim will help... look in the forums. There should be some here. they will help you design your own setup.