Canadian Pilot skin for DCS:A-10C

It was suggested I make a pilot to go with my skins so here is a WIP Canadian pilot skin for DCS:A-10C, I changed a bunch of stuff to more accurately represent the Canadian OD Green flight suit colour (you can see the difference when looking at the knees and arms compared to the G-suit/vest), larger arm pocket with pen holders, brown flying gloves (I have a pair! :thumbsup:) and appropriate patches.

Using the internet and GIMP I created some LVG patches, including a fake Canadian A-10C shoulder patch.

This

CougarColour.jpg

plus GIMP's colourize feature equals

this

CougarLVG.jpg

and a lot of cut and paste equals

this

A-10LVG.jpg

These patches plus an OD Canada Flag equals

this

P1-1.jpg

P2-1.jpg

Looks like I have to trim the velcro under the flag a bit.

Was having so much fun I thought you'd all like to see a demotivational poster I made with a shot of my dog... who didn't want to smile on picture day. :-P

Apathy.jpg

Now the only problem is the pilot in the aircraft is a different model/skin than the one who walks around after ejecting... I'm still looking for that guy :) ...Oh, and there is only one pilot bitmap so once you go Canuck you never go back ;)

Maybe ED could make it that we could choose pilot skins on the loadout page like we choose aircraft skins? <HINT>

Stay Tuned...

Edited by jocko417
  • Like 1

...Oh, and there is only one pilot bitmap so once you go Canuck you never go back ;)

We can fix that with the uninstall script in the installer :)

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Brilliant work, like the colourizing that you did to make the patch OD.

Maybe ED could make it that we could choose pilot skins on the loadout page like we choose aircraft skins? <HINT>

Now wouldn't that be something! A lot of the immersion of this sim is the multiplayer experience with squadron wingmen, each having different flashes on the uniform and individually painted up helmets would be very, very sweet.

It was suggested I make a pilot to go with my skins so here is a WIP Canadian pilot skin for DCS:A-10C, I changed a bunch of stuff to more accurately represent the Canadian OD Green flight suit colour (you can see the difference when looking at the knees and arms compared to the G-suit/vest), larger arm pocket with pen holders, brown flying gloves (I have a pair! :thumbsup:) and appropriate patches.

Using the internet and GIMP I created some LVG patches, including a fake Canadian A-10C shoulder patch.

This

CougarColour.jpg

plus GIMP's colourize feature equals

this

CougarLVG.jpg

and a lot of cut and paste equals

this

A-10LVG.jpg

These patches plus an OD Canada Flag equals

this

P1-1.jpg

P2-1.jpg

Looks like I have to trim the velcro under the flag a bit.

Was having so much fun I thought you'd all like to see a demotivational poster I made with a shot of my dog... who didn't want to smile on picture day. :-P

Apathy.jpg

Now the only problem is the pilot in the aircraft is a different model/skin than the one who walks around after ejecting... I'm still looking for that guy :) ...Oh, and there is only one pilot bitmap so once you go Canuck you never go back ;)

Stay Tuned...

Shoulder flashes for all the Sqn. would be nice, hint hint.

LOL, we don't eject in Canada, we can't afford to! Not enough planes left...

That being said, six are over seas for the No-Fly-Zone in Libya, should be some good CF combat camera footage on Canadian Army News ;-)

System: Win10 Pro 64bit, Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 MB, Intel i& 8700K, Corsair H150i Pro Cooler, Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4 16GB, PNY NVidia 1070 GTX, Corsair MP500 & MP600 SSD, Soundblaster Audigy Rx, CM Mastercase H500P, Oculus Rift S, TM Warthogs.