Mission card - on your phone (iphone)

Consider adding a feature where you have a control that allows you to pull up the last screenshot taken. The app would have a setting to allow you to point to your screenshot folder, and would simply allow you to page through the picks from newest to oldest.

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JUst a question sickdog,

with the app you are making, do you see a possibility of building a complete database of all current missions, airfield maps, and allowing the ability to import this all in one go to save people the effort of entering it all manually?

Also just a suggestion also if you haven't already thought of it. I think the inclusion of checklists would be invaluable, and the ability to create new ones for certain tasks. I know it's all in the manual, but I like the idea of a compressed version of the instructional lists to streamline it a bit. Thanks and great work.

Yup, good idea. I'll see when I get a little further along with it, but my original idea was to be able to save the data and be able to reload it, say if you're reattempting a mission later. So if I get that functionality, sure, why not. It could come preloaded with all the DCS stock mission data, but you'll be able to create new ones as well.

Yes, I've already got plans to use the checklists straight from the DCS manual. I like some of the other checklists I've seen, but I think it's best to just use the official DCS ones. I'll have normal ops, weapon delivery, CDU functionality, CMU programming and list, etc.

Consider adding a feature where you have a control that allows you to pull up the last screenshot taken. The app would have a setting to allow you to point to your screenshot folder, and would simply allow you to page through the picks from newest to oldest.

That's way out of my league since I wouldn't know how to get the iPhone to pull up photos in your windows folders automatically. But I'll take a look into the idea because I like it too.

TM Warthog, Oculus Rift, Win10...

If mission data were provided in XML format on mission start, pushing this data ( and pics ) to a form would be a snap.. if any ED devs are listening :)

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

That's way out of my league since I wouldn't know how to get the iPhone to pull up photos in your windows folders automatically. But I'll take a look into the idea because I like it too.

There my also be security issue with this, unless it is all done behind your firewall.

I have to say that this is a stonking idea, good work Sickdog for taking the initiative :thumbup:

I may have to pick up a cheapo iPad1 if an iPad version is made :)

Is this going to be just for Iphone or Android aswel.?

So far looking good.

I've got a friend on here who I fly with who says he's gonna help out with an Android version, so cross your fingers. :)

Wait.. XML wouldn't be needed. The mission data can be pushed to forms on mission start now. Check this out:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/dev_journal/lua-export/

If mission data were provided in XML format on mission start, pushing this data ( and pics ) to a form would be a snap.. if any ED devs are listening :)

Just throwing this into the ideas mix:

Autoit can store a screenshot in a certain location with one button (http://www.autoitscript.com/site/)

Jailbreak your iPhone http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IOS_jailbreaking or use an alternative OS/device that is capable of displaying a (large) image.

This would basically work and be device independant depending on how your device handles graphics. The degree of automation to fire the screenshot/crop or whatever into the mobile device could be invested into your autoit script. Since autoit is a really handy tool it always worth looking at.

Re Jailbreaking the iphone... to get proper access to an iphone's drive you have to do this, ordinarily you cant access it outisde of an Apple authorised application.

Another idea...theres plenty of "cropping" tools around. Crop the picture and have your default save location on the mobile device.

This all assumes you have all the info on the same screen.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

it would-be great but please also for android

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

I was thinking of such a tool for android devices some times ago.

So I have started to build one, but I'm not a java developer, so it will take a while...

First of all I planed to build airports informations (frequencies, runways heading...), and then checklists, and then we will see...

The application will be available for android 2.1+ mobile devices (I don't know for tabs).

Hardware :

CPU : i7-4470K @ 4.0GHz

MB : MSI Z87-GD65

RAM : 16Go

GPU : nVidia 1080 Ti

twitter : yeepeekai

Update: Still working on this guys, I'm a bit rusty from taking a break from my other iPhone app project, but it's coming back to me and making more progress here. Here's the latest functionality I've got working. Got permission from Shu77 to use his awesome charts in my app, so here you can see it in the app. Pinch to zoom and scrolling around works great. The iPad app version (I'll probably make when done with iPhone) will be even better with the larger screen!

attachment.php?attachmentid=49558&stc=1&d=1301365743

URKAexample.png.6be5047c529783b84873da1fdba3a3b3.png

• Like 1

I was thinking of such a tool for android devices some times ago.

So I have started to build one, but I'm not a java developer, so it will take a while...

First of all I planed to build airports informations (frequencies, runways heading...), and then checklists, and then we will see...

The application will be available for android 2.1+ mobile devices (I don't know for tabs).

Ive got a basic Android app working, gives basic info nothing like these ios ones so far though! Ill post some screenies when I get a layout that isnt all over the place :)

Sickdog, people like you amaze me.

Your dedication for the good and benefit of the community is admirable. Almost everyone has an Iphone or android os phone, and the additional dynamic and depth this app will bring will be awesome.

Irrelevant of how long it takes, i just wanna say a simple 'thanks'.

Regards

'T'

Come pay us a visit on YouTube - search for HELI SHED

Main Banner.PNG

Sickdog, people like you amaze me.

Your dedication for the good and benefit of the community is admirable. Almost everyone has an Iphone or android os phone, and the additional dynamic and depth this app will bring will be awesome.

Irrelevant of how long it takes, i just wanna say a simple 'thanks'.

Regards

'T'

Thanks Tyger! Not sure how useful this thing will be, I do like the laminated cards I've seen on the forums... But, I'll keep plugging away for the heck of it.

**UPDATE**

So, I've finished the interface for a briefing card (still need to make another section for airborne info such as 9-line, Net ID's, Laser codes, etc.) But, I don't have the database for mission info pre-stored on the App like I want... yet. I'll start working on it soon, but for now it's a functioning "piece of scratch paper" which doesn't have the ability to save or load info for a given mission. Also, the "checklist" page isn't functioning yet, but the Airbase PDF's all work and are scrollable/zoomable with drag/pinch (Thanks again Shu for letting me use your PDFS!) .

Anyways, would anyone like me to go ahead and try to get this on the app store now or would you rather wait for me to implement the database storage capability first? I guess I could always submit now and "update" it later. Thoughts? More suggestions?

551926692_Screenshot2011-04-06at1_08_04AM.png.883237b8609177212a82c9fc1d3b40f3.png

983620345_Screenshot2011-04-06at1_08_19AM.png.80c80f4e3345f5f9dbcad305c373cfb1.png

982668888_Screenshot2011-04-06at1_08_31AM.png.ad9b9dbcbd66c4bb16fa4f76f7a314af.png

520981095_Screenshot2011-04-06at1_08_44AM.png.e00a9f1f6cf801683ff52974d0438926.png

498156777_Screenshot2011-04-06at1_09_02AM.png.8b82c66a8de74eed38c3c496e8bab124.png

433080976_Screenshot2011-04-06at1_09_18AM.png.948cc721ce2ca87f6f0231f38dccd4ee.png

297113346_Screenshot2011-04-06at1_09_25AM.png.9714aa4d10bc9d9837c6884a36b434cb.png

185393056_Screenshot2011-04-06at1_09_33AM.png.9c50db16745eb21f1e6a2a309d6b0e34.png

1539916989_Screenshot2011-04-06at1_09_44AM.png.09e61570bbb50bb6a22e662fa77d7912.png

714276870_Screenshot2011-04-06at1_09_57AM.png.02675420f1d95aefc01b7555c0f8b483.png

1535476768_Screenshot2011-04-06at1_10_05AM.png.97fbfd16b272752fee9ff72d0bd7a6f4.png

1246262830_Screenshot2011-04-06at1_10_13AM.png.14964e610bad1c4884cab7b3bd344541.png

1279341009_Screenshot2011-04-06at1_10_27AM.png.c840b41e8ee0d9d73a35dae5571b044e.png

1674044221_Screenshot2011-04-06at1_10_34AM.png.945952ca91bf7a7aa9f650e438f6177e.png

• Like 4

I vote for you to finish it to your satisfaction, then release it.

I vote for you to finish it to your satisfaction, then release it.

Yeah, I would add in the check lists then release it. They really need to be in (albeit in a basic form) for it to be an awesome little app. You can always tweak it later. I'd add the database in later if it's likely to be a big job.

You've done an amazing job with this Sickdog :thumbup:

Sick dog:

Excellent work....

Can't wait to use the app on my iPad 2:thumbup:

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

WarriorX- good idea, I think I'll wait till I'm happy with it and then put it out there.

CrashEd- I totally agree. Already got going on the checklist and I'm really excited about this...looking good so far. I already had a template for a checklist in an app I created for real life flying, and I just started to port it over.

Stang and Rocky49- Thanks! Yes, when I'm done with the iPhone app I'll redo it for a native iPad app. Actually just ordered my iPad2 a minute ago online, can't believe they're still sold out everywhere in Southern California and I just checked down the street in Washington DC (where I'm at on my trip) and also sold out! Anyways, I'll definitely make an even better app for the iPad, don't worry. ;)

Cheers everyone and can't wait to get home and try the new patch out!

Nice work :)

Airfields maps and main check lists would be a good start before releasing a "beta" App for me.

One question about the check lists (at least the main ones) : will it be possible to check each step with the finger to see clearly what is done or not ?

Another question : I see a "countermesures" button on your screenshot : is it only for the CMSP check list settings or is it possible to have useful infos about SAMs or AA guns like range and code on RWR ?

I'm really impatient to get your App on my Iphone :thumbup:

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version