CONFIRMED: Next aircraft will be a fixed wing US FIGHTER!

kingneptune117

Granted that i have not read every post in this thread but i'm going to say F-16 due to the fact of how popular falcon 4 is.

" I'm gonna have to be taking your car today. See I have some top secret clown business that supersedes any plans that you might have for this here vehicle."

• Replies 481
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, like ED has said already, it's the military contracts that drive the DCS modules.

So I guess we need to be looking at countries with whom are upgrading, or buying, or wanting to train in a US fixed wing fighter simulator?

My guess is an F-18C, but I can't think of any other military that would need a simulator for it.

Edit - Australia is buying or bought some super Hornets lately, maybe they are in need of top notch simulator. :-)

Edited by Madman777

i7-12700k, 32GB Ram, RTX 3060 12GB, TrackIR 5, Lots of SSD Space, etc etc

DCS World - All the cool modules

As was said back then: Eagle Dynamics own a lot of domains. Some of them have been discovered by the community.

Hell, I own a couple domains. Owning them doesn't mean anything other than that you might, at some point, have use for them, and the cost of parking them is miniscule compared to the cost of needing them later and finding that you have to persuade someone else to sell them.

There's even a cottage industry of domain squatters that snatch up strategically chosen domains in the hope of the owner of a trademark or whatever at some point offering big money for it.

There also was that hubbub a while back about http://www.f-18c.com

It doesn't necessarily mean much, but do a whois lookup and see who owns that domain. ;)

--NoJoe

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

As was said back then: Eagle Dynamics own a lot of domains. Some of them have been discovered by the community.

Hell, I own a couple domains. Owning them doesn't mean anything other than that you might, at some point, have use for them, and the cost of parking them is miniscule compared to the cost of needing them later and finding that you have to persuade someone else to sell them.

There's even a cottage industry of domain squatters that snatch up strategically chosen domains in the hope of the owner of a trademark or whatever at some point offering big money for it.

Very true, and hence the "it doesn't necessarily mean much". I just figured since the thread is moving along on rampant speculation, I might as well throw that one in here too. :D

Still, DCS Hornet would be awesome. And so would DCS Mudhen. For that matter, I'd totally buy DCS AT-802U!

--NoJoe

[EDIT] To add: A boy can dream. [DCS Hornet... sigh]

Edited by NoJoe

For that matter, I'd totally buy DCS AT-802U!

Good man! :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Because if you followed the last few years of this discussion you would know by now the F-15 has gone low priority as did the Apache, Mi-24 etc.

F-16 and F-18 are, according to what has been told to the community, the planes that have got the most research material available. Therefore it is my best guess that it will be one of these planes.

Hopefully it's an F-16

I thought it'd be the F-15C cause it's the other aircraft that has as much modeling detail as the A-10C and it also happens to be a popular US fixed-wing fighter and it was the other half of the USA planes included in Lock On.

So thats my thoughts. :p

The F-18 in lock on 1.02 looked better then the flyable jets.......and we still don't have it as a flyable in FC2. So just cause it looks good already means nothing.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

AFAIK both have Link-16, yes, but I'm not 100% sure.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

AFAIK both have Link-16, yes, but I'm not 100% sure.

You sure about that? The A-10 has SADL, i heard there needs to be a gateway for both systems to work together.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

No, not 100% sure. My memory states that the SADL is able to talk to link-16, but I don't recall the specifics.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Dude, I've read half the forum to lure some valuable information, but had no luck - not a surprise. But half the posts are like "oh, i guess f16/f18/f15 whatever version will be it. I'll be so sad NOT to see your faces when ED presents the next DCS:Learjet, or DCS:Spirit, or DCS:Extender, or (please God no) DCS: Preadator. It's all USAF fix winged, and hell, I see more chance for the predator than for an F-16...

[sIGPIC]http://www.forum.lockon.ru/signaturepics/sigpic5279_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

I could shot down a Kitchen :smartass:

DCS:AT-802U. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Fix wing US aircraft, it has to be it

V9p2yUM1PE0

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

So if it is a UAV, the question is: Does ED turn our computers directly into the Air Force simulators, or do they give us a fully 3d modelled "virtual cockpit" representing the ground control station?

The second (more important) question is: Can you "eject", walk around, and hop into the nearest UAZ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...