[How To] Export ALL Indicators like MFCD via ViewPorts

icemaker

Newbie here...WoW this is really good stuff and exactly what I'm looking for. Hats off to all you gurus out there. -S-

Now if I could only get my head wrapped around it.:book: I have read countless posts and worked for hours on it and have easymonitor MFDs inside of the Hawgtouch MFD bezels but no joy so Im backing up to start over only this time instead of jumping in and getting no where I think I need to start at the beginning. But I am totally cluless as to where to start learning how to do it. Do I need to first goto http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=60815 to learn how to setup multiple monitors before using Easy Monitor Cinfigurator, HawgTouch, or the tutorial on how to export all indicators? What are the steps I need to take to learn this and do it right?:helpsmilie:

Also what needs to be changed in DCS A10 setup for it to work?

I currently have two monitors and ready to pick up a third touch screen for this project if I can get it to work.

Thanks in advance

Newbie here...WoW this is really good stuff and exactly what I'm looking for. Hats off to all you gurus out there. -S-

Now if I could only get my head wrapped around it.:book: I have read countless posts and worked for hours on it and have easymonitor MFDs inside of the Hawgtouch MFD bezels but no joy so Im backing up to start over only this time instead of jumping in and getting no where I think I need to start at the beginning. But I am totally cluless as to where to start learning how to do it. Do I need to first goto http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=60815 to learn how to setup multiple monitors before using Easy Monitor Cinfigurator, HawgTouch, or the tutorial on how to export all indicators? What are the steps I need to take to learn this and do it right?:helpsmilie:

Also what needs to be changed in DCS A10 setup for it to work?

I currently have two monitors and ready to pick up a third touch screen for this project if I can get it to work.

Thanks in advance

This post helped me!! http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=60815

For me I had to run the sim in Windowed mode by unselecting the Full Screen option in the sim. Only then would EMC work for me.

W7 x64, i7 965, Rampage II Extreme, GTX480, 6GB Corsair 1866 cl7

Thanks Wartski,

Am I understanding then that I have to set up multimonitors per those instructions and that Easy Monitor Configurator does not somehow do all that multimonitor setting up for you or bypass it completely?

Ok once I have that setup whats the next step? The tutorial on how to export all indicators, and then EMC and then Hawg Touch? Just trying to get all my ducks in a row to get an overal picture of how these things come together to work as one.

You only need EMC. It creates a file with information on how you set up the controls. Then you go into the sim and in Options choose the file name from the combobox that you had created using EMC and also in Options find the Full Screen option and unselect it. Maybe if selected it will work for you but it sure didn't for me.

Note that your main monitor must be considered as upper left and your second monitor will be to the right side of the main monitor, as far as Windows is concerned. Where it physically is doesn't matter.

That should do it.

YES you need to put into the sim Options the new resolution!!!

Edited by Wartski
correction

You only need EMC. It creates a file with information on how you set up the controls. Then you go into the sim and in Options choose the file name from the combobox that you had created using EMC and also in Options find the Full Screen option and unselect it. Maybe if selected it will work for you but it sure didn't for me.

Note that your main monitor must be considered as upper left and your second monitor will be to the right side of the main monitor, as far as Windows is concerned. Where it physically is doesn't matter.

That should do it.

err ..

in windows i set second below main to left (/forgot why its better, there was a reason ..)

anyway

windows 'extended' desktop has to be defined (mouse has to go everywhere)

then ..

you setup this desktop (not FULL screen) in DCS

you use a monitorprofile that has your widthxheight of cockpit defined as Main, working ((Main for cockpit only)

then type in widthxheight in numbers of sum of both monitors in OPTIONS to extend DCS screen

this defines a Main + additional for DCS to write to

this working

(see a cockpit on screen Main only? .. not all over the place .. secondary is black)

now i exit (or alttab)

then i run EMC

is how i do it

Edited by majapahit

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

err ..

in windows i set second below main to left (/forgot why its better, there was a reason ..)

anyway

windows 'extended' desktop has to be defined (mouse has to go everywhere)

then ..

you setup this desktop (not FULL screen) in DCS (type in widthxheight in numbers)

you exit (or alttab)

then i run EMC

is how i do it

WOOPs, Yes I did put in the resolution!!!!

Edited by Wartski

In DCS I did not have to type in the screen resolution!

(not at my compu)

.. not in the DCS OPTIONS? .. thats unexpected

perhaps EMC configures the desktop

wonder how (horizontal/vertical)

anyway

that would be fine

but you (he/speedhandle) should also know now how to find errors

Edited by majapahit

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

(not at my compu)

.. not in the DCS OPTIONS? .. thats unexpected

perhaps EMC configures the desktop

wonder how (horizontal/vertical)

anyway

that would be fine

but you (he/speedhandle) should also know now how to find errors

WOOPs, Yes I did put in the resolution!!!!

Ok, if I'm reading this right the first step I need to do is go to that link and set up multi monitors, thanks for the detailed explanation majapahit that was priceless, and agree with you on the troubleshooting.

Edited by speedhandle

Ok, if I'm reading this right the first step I need to do is go to that post and learn how to set up multi monitors correct??

Yes! :pilotfly:

I've been searching, but I can't seem to find an answer. How do you export the MFCD's with the OSB buttons? I've seen it in pictures, but when I export the left and right MFCD to my second monitor, it only displays the screens.

I've been searching, but I can't seem to find an answer. How do you export the MFCD's with the OSB buttons? I've seen it in pictures, but when I export the left and right MFCD to my second monitor, it only displays the screens.

I don't believe you with EMC.

I think you have to use http://www.ipadpit.nl/index.php/about-the-a10c-ipadpit software with an iPad.

I don't believe you with EMC.

I think you have to use http://www.ipadpit.nl/index.php/about-the-a10c-ipadpit software with an iPad.

D'oh... that would be a shame. I saw this from post #9:

Presentation1-8.jpg

I thought if I exported the entire MFCD with OSB buttons, I would be able to click them. Since I like the left and right MFCD's on my monitor, I would like to be able to click when I'm in the DSMS or TAD especially.

Also, I was hoping to stop rendering my MFCD's in the cockpit. But if I can't use the buttons on the second monitor, I won't really know what I'm clicking on in the cockpit since it will be a blank screen :(

IF you want the buttons you will have to use a program like Helios HERE

It is Donationware...if you use it and like it support the developer with a donation.

Airdog

| Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Mobo | i7 8700K @ 4.7 | 32 GB DDR4@3200mhz | Gigabyte 2080Ti OC 11GB| Samsung M.2 960 Evo 250Gb and 500Gb | Win10 Pro | Hotas Warthog #02743 | Track IR 5 | Toshiba 47" 120hz LED | Acer 23" Touchscreen | HELIOS |Oculus Rift-S|

http://www.blackknightssquadron.com/

I'll be looking into them :) Are these just for touch screen monitors? Or can I use a mouse to click the buttons?

default to mouse swipe (i edit xml)

Helios has a GUI/WYSIWYG Editor (What you see is what you get), so it's very easy to setup and configure your panels.

I've never used Hawgtouch, so I'm not sure if it's as easy. The last time I saw it you had to set things up via xml files. That may have changed, however.

Which is easier to configure, Hawgtouch or Helios?

I can only speak for my experience with Hawg Touch since I haven't (yet) dove into HELIOS. Also I'm no guru at this stuff by any streach of imagination.

For me it took about 4-5 hours broken into two sessions from knowing absolutely nothing about this stuff to read, learn and setup multi monitors and export the two MFDs to the second monitor http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=60815

and then over to Hawg Touch http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=60815

to get the bezels positioned and aligned perfectly around the exported MFDs and all OSB buttons set up and working perfectly on my non touch screen second monitor.

That was just to get started and get 2 fully functional MFDs. But know that I have a rock solid foothold from those few well spent hours the biggest hurdle is over and getting the gages and panels up and running should come much more quickly.

Which is easier to configure, Hawgtouch or Helios?

Hawgtouch

- has better looking prefab picture perfect panels

- has ugly window tabs showing

- clumsy editing

Helios

- has wysiwyg editor

- editor is rather complicated, until you figure it out (bad manual)

- defaults to mouse swipe, i edit the xml to click (touch)

- has boring multi-purpose panels

- has a very good control center

i steal Hawgtouch panel pics, and use them in Helios :D

Bummer... then if one wanted to get started with HELIOS after downloading the software where would he start?

download couple of Helios profiles

- Sandman, teriffic coded (panel switch) / selfmade panels - ugly

- paulrkiii, designer, clever layout, good panels

- Gadroc, webmaster, weird setup, good layout

(my profiles: very weird, very useful)

you load these in 'Profile Editor'

FIRST start of 'Profile Editor' and compulsary to Helios,

'add interface',

you add DCS A10C interface

(also NECESSARY to start any fresh panel, or

your buttons wont work!,

any saved profile will have this added, presumably)

now,

you HAVE TO update to A-10C Setup

(adds DCS code), by following the menu 'Setup DCS A-10C'

this will change your Export.lua, so DCS will show the panels

(perhaps also config.lus to TRUE, not at my box, necessary for over network)

now you can load any sample profile (way easier then starting from scratch

- scratch means: figuring out the bottom middle 'Input'/'Output' bindings

(- it's rather easy after you have found out how it works :smartass:)

- 'reset monitors' scans you monitor setup, and adjusts profile to monitor output, save them (under your name)

- now,

move/delete panels to your liking / save to <name> / load <name> in Control Center / ready to fly

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

- and/or,

you add panels from another profile by starting a 2ND instance of profile editor

(needs to have the A10 interface added, and all downloads will),

point to desired panel, copy, back to previous instance, paste (in the proper monitor 1or2or x) - how easy is that

panels are shown on the MONITOR (1/2) Preview upper left

click the <1> or the <2> to go to Monitor TAB

click on a PANEL and it TABs to a PANEL EDITOR Tab

- clever, what

wysiwyg sizing (HOLD SHIFT (proportional) or else)

placing, just move around

SAVE, LOAD, FLY

if you want your own New profile:

- ADD INTERFACE, and again: or else (i found out the hard way):D