[How To] Export ALL Indicators like MFCD via ViewPorts

icemaker

KA50 is not installed

While my original files were still in use, i went into options and switched to full screen mode and "1 Screen" copied your files back over, same results, click on desktop icon and a little black screen appears for a mili second and disappears, and nothing opens

Did you delete the newly added Ka-50 folder?

Does this mean you don't have the Ka-50 installed ?

If yes, give this a try: go to ..\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\.. an delete the newly added Ka-50 folder.

Edit: Made a test with de-installed Ka-50 and had the same symptoms.

Removing the ..\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50 folder fixed it.

I did not delete any folders, nor do I see any "KA50 folders" What I have as new folders from your files are "Config", "Mods", "Scripts", those are the only folders I copied over to DCS World directory

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Ok, see a KA 50 folder now here:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

ok, good start anyway, I deleted the KA50 folder, DCS starts up. Alot of instruments still are not active in Helios though? Is there other files I need to edit other than the Monitor setup.lua?

I restructured the mod and edited the readme to prevent such incompatibility when a module isn't installed.

Please reload : http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1541311#post1541311

ok, good start anyway, I deleted the KA50 folder, DCS starts up. Alot of instruments still are not active in Helios though? Is there other files I need to edit other than the Monitor setup.lua?

These files only take care of the view-ports and work absolute independent from a active Helios installation .

You have to consult the Helios documentation and the appropriate threads for help how to get the gauges/buttons/whatever to work with DCS World 1.2.5. - isn't it obvious?

Edited by PeterP

Thanks for the help[ so far, Ive have go do some chores, will be back later to read thru that, thanks Pete

• Like 1

Ok, so now it seems I have to resolve issues with Helios now?? Man, I cant tell you the hours I put into setting up Helios last year, but I got it working great. I have no recollection at all what I had to do to set that up from scratch,,,maybe some one can simply point me in the right direction to a thread or something, maybe I have to change some names of instruments in Helios somewhere? I dont know?

To fix Helios get the exports file from the first post in this thread.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=97222

Create an empty Scripts folder in ..\Saved Games\DCS. Then place the file you downloaded into the Scripts folder. Your gauges in Helios should now work.

Btw, I just setup a clean install so I just, within the past hour, installed the files from Peter and the export file mentioned above. I tested both the A-10C and the Kamov and everything works.

EDIT: The easiest way to fix your monitor lua is to use the example lua installed with the files from Peter. Using Notepad++ open up the example.lua and both your A-10 monitor lua and your BS2 monitor lua. Then cut and past your size and location fields for each viewport from your files into the example file, delete the viewports you aren't using (or comment them out) and save the example.lua to Your_New_BS&A10_Monitor.lua and you should be all set.

Give me a holler if you are still having issues.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

" Then place the file you downloaded into the Scripts folder. Your gauges in Helios should now work" Which File are you referring too, the downloaded folders are Config,Mods,Scripts.

Thanks for the feedback, I got diverted to this thread:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=102034

I tried following the instructions but got tripped up on a few things as I have posted on the last page of that thread if you care to view.

I will go take my brains back out of the blender and start from scratch again in the manner in which you mention. By the way, I did use Peter's files and I used his example.lua and reconfigured the coordinates to match my previouse ones and still had issues with Helios. Then I found out I had to delete the KA50 sub directory because I dont have that installed, still problems. You seemed to have simplified the instructions, I may or may not have proceeded exactly as you mentioned because my brain eventually collapsed LOL. Starting from scratch today with your approach.

By the way which version of Helios are you using? Back in December all was well for me with the older version, when I updated last night, I had a screen full of red blocks with "X's" in them. I eventually restored my harddrive back to a backup I made before I changed anything, so Im back to a fresh slate.

Edited by Fakum

OK, first of all, lets not worry about the red blocks for a moment. That just means that Helios cannot find the image. Do you have any visible gauges where the graphics aren't corrupt?

My Helios is out of date. Let me update it today and see what happens.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Since I restored back to a fresh image, yes, I have Helios on my touchscreen with all visible guages.

Im working on this stuff now, but my biggest mystery right now is, what file are you talking about that I need to place its the Users Script folder? Thanks

Go to this post. http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1602807&postcount=1

Download and unzip the attached file. You should have a file called Export.lua. Put that file into ..\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts. If the Scripts folder does not exist, please create it.

With that file in place, your gauges should work. Once we have the DCS connection to Helios working, then we can worry about updating Helios.

Ok, I did download that file, and I copied their "Mods", "Scripts" & "Config" into the directory:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World

As it instructs me too and allowed over write.

I created a new subfolder "Scripts" in the following location:

C:\Users\(MyName)\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts

I sifted through the directories and found the following file:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\Export

This is where I was tripped up, I did not know that this specific file was to be copied to the new "User Script" folder I created. Now I will copy it there and see what happens, will report back soon

OK, but if that does not work then we need to back up a bit. It sounds like you are doing some things leftover from older versions of this solution.

All you need is the viewport export files from PeterP and the Export.lua that you just downloaded. Nothing else needs to be moved, copied or messed with.

Ok, all I copied over was the Export.lua to the new User scripts file, Ive done nothing more and seems like all guages are now working. That other thread calls for much more work to do, I dont know why. I have NO desire to update Helios if I dont need to, still working with older version since I did a restore last night, I am content with that as long as its not a problem, dont want anymore headaches.

The only odd thing now is that as soon as Im in flight, my cockpit view is in some like 3D mode? Not the typical mode, I dont know if it has anything to do with the new files or what? Any idea?

Thanks for the help, you simplified the conversion for me, like I said, didnt know what file to move to the User Scripts, thats what I got hung up on. Thanks

Can you post a screen shot of your cockpit issue?

As far as Helios, if it is working then I would leave it. Most of the recent changes Gadroc has made are mostly related to advanced applications and should not impact what you are doing.

However, the upgrade should have worked since the images and such are stored under My Documents and not in the Helios install directory. I might play with that later and see what is up.

Otherwise, glad you got things working. It can be a bit of a chore keeping up with the changes to this sim, especially if you use external programs or mods.

Yeah. let me get a screen shot

Funny thing im seeing, the cockpit is fine until I touch the joystick? I dont see any axis assigned to any view points in the controls options within DCS?

I would definitely be thinking controller issue. When you move the stick the system scans the entire controller (in some cases even when it shouldn't) and reacts to some DX assigned switch/button settings. I have a similar issue with a control in the Mustang. If I leave the Fuel Switch in the on position (while doing a runway start) as soon as I touch the throttle, the sim reads the switch and shuts off my fuel. This is without the Sync Controller check box being enabled, too!

When you are looking at the view in your screen shot, what happens if you hit the Zoom Reset key (NumPad Enter)?

Ok,,, now Im embarrased! Found the problem,, the "Rotary" on my HOTAS was set to full ZOOM OUT,,,,

Youve been a great help! I thank you sir! I still dont know what the deal is over on that other thread about having to make config files etc, but Im glad I didnt have to get into all those steps listed. Seems Im all set! Thanks again

Ok,,, now Im embarrased! Found the problem,, the "Rotary" on my HOTAS was set to full ZOOM OUT,,,,

Good deal.

It pretty much had to be something like that.

The other stuff you were reading was, if I am not mistaken, a product of various efforts to get things working through version changes. The problem is that the correct answer kept changing.

The other stuff you were reading was, if I am not mistaken, a product of various efforts to get things working through version changes. The problem is that the correct answer kept changing.

Yeah man,, my head was spinning,,, almost gave up! Thanks for resolving this for me again:

Simple instructions were (for Helios only):

Download Peter P's files

Determine which preset you want

Copy the preset files (consisting of Mods/Scripts/Config) too:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World (Allow Overwriting)

Suggest printing a copy of your monitor configuration file in the following location to reference all the coordinates for the new file you will create for the monitor setup located here:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\MonitorSetup

Using Peter P’s” “Export example.lua, open it, rename it to what you want, and make changes to the coordinates that match your original file and save.

Delete the Subfolder "KA50" (If its not installed on your PC) in the directory:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\Ka-50

Goto:C:\Users\(YourName)\Saved Games\DCS\

Create a new sub folder in that directory called "Scripts"

Goto:C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Config\Export

Copy that Export.lua file to the location you created at:

C:\Users\(YourName)\Saved Games\DCS\Scripts

That’s the nut shell version I suppose.

• 5 weeks later...

Post your entire monitor lua, as well as provide your monitor sizes and positions (Windows Screen shot of the Windows Screen Resolution applet).