[How To] Export ALL Indicators like MFCD via ViewPorts

icemaker

I'm not sure I follow you completely but the 1st thing you should do is forget about Helios for now and don't run it at all. What you should do is run DCS and make sure your export files are showing up on the monitor that you want them to. You have a TV, which I am assuming you are wanting your cockpit screen to show up on, and then you have a 2nd monitor, which I assume is where you want your exports to go and to also run Helios. If that is the case, then your monitor resolution settings do not add up to what it should be, its only setup for the for 1 screen only. If you read though Lions post up to date, you might understand what I am saying.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Hi,

I have followed the sequence from youtube, but every time I download the profile Loz and reset the monitor, I immediately see the grey area and I don't know how to solve this issue.

The profile Loz is set for a screen with 1920x1080 (16/9) resolution, while mine is 1920x1280 (16/10).

In my export.lua every thing is fine and the coordinates are correct.

My DCS is always in my first monitor; with all other profile (second screen) like Capt zen Ka50 (16/10), Su-25T, Su 27-33 I don't have any problem and everything works properly.

Just with Loz (16/9) I have this issue.

Can you please look into that?

Edited by _Lion_

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

132virtualwing.org

Fakum: Why not use Helios? It was working fine but does it cause conflicts? As for the resolution in the export .lua I've tried setting it to 1920x2160 and all that did was make the sim use the other monitor just like any other multi monitor setup. Does the first height and width have to be 1920x2160 and the GUI set to 1920x1080? I'm not sure what post your talking about could you send me a link?

Lion look at the profile editor and find your back ground and see if it is set to stretched. I

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

1st You can get better images to post if you hit print screen on your keyboard and paste it in ms paint.

2nd try the different alignment settings to see if you can get the image to reset. Happens to me. If that does not work remove the image by leaving the

line blank. Then go to the toolbox and under panel decorations select user image. Drag that to the profile. Get the background image for that. At the top left of the profiler are two arrows. Use the down arrow to put the image to the bottom of all the layers. You will be able to resize the image.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

Fakum: Why not use Helios? It was working fine but does it cause conflicts? As for the resolution in the export .lua I've tried setting it to 1920x2160 and all that did was make the sim use the other monitor just like any other multi monitor setup. Does the first height and width have to be 1920x2160 and the GUI set to 1920x1080? I'm not sure what post your talking about could you send me a link?

I say dont use Helios right now because you want to make sure your exports are showing up on the monitor you want it to 1st, once you have that resolved, you can then work on the next layer, and that is Helios itself. Your DCS GUI and Monitor lua X, Y must match, also your desktop resolutions for each monitor have to be set to the individual resolutions. I also think your monitors may not be set up correctly in Windows, post a screen shot of your desktop monitor config. The post I am referring to with Lion is within this post just a page back or sso.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

That's why I suggested to make a fresh profile. Glad to hear you solved it.

post a screen shot of your desktop monitor config.

Ok Ive gone over it in another thread using Virtual cockpit server to setup the monitor config.

RrorDpx.jpg

VNdoIv3.jpg

Gvj0GmN.jpg

kbSgBOO.png

--***DO NOT MODIFY THESE COMMENT LINES***
--A10CVirtualCockpitServer v0.0.0.0
--LOCATION Config\MonitorSetup
--HOOKTO
--Monitor lua

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('A-10C Virtual Cockpit Server');
Description = 'Setup for A-10C Virtual Cockpit Server MFCD and CDU Exports.'
Viewports =
{
    Center =
    {
         x = 0;
         y = 0;
         width = 1920;
         height = 1080;
         viewDx = 0;
         viewDy = 0;
         aspect = 1.7777777777777777777777777778;
    }
}

LEFT_MFCD = 
{
   x = 1928;
   y = 13;
   width = 832;
   height = 832;
}

RIGHT_MFCD = 
{
   x = 2993;
   y = 16;
   width = 832;
   height = 832;
}

--CDU_EXPORT

UIMainView = Viewports.Center

Ive also tried 3480x1080 aspect 3.55555556 it stretches the cockpit across both screens. I'm not running any mods. Also now the mfcds in cockpit are disabled and changing the monitor setting to default 1 screen isn bringing them back.

Gtx 760, ssd, 70" HDTV hdmi, 22" Lcd monitor dvi

Edited by Howartzer

Glad to say Ive finnaly got it working in dcs2 the mfcds are working with helios Im going to try to get the rest going too. I'm getting bad frame rates on all my gauges and gimbals in helios but dcs is running smoothly at 60-70fps does anyone know how to improve frame rate for helios? Also im looking into how to turn off the mfcds in the 3d cockpit to further improve performance. I found this

In DCS World that file can be found here:
C:DCS World\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit-ViewportHandling

Using Notepad++, comment out line 31 by adding the -- as highlighted in red below

Code:

purposes = {--render_purpose.GENERAL,
render_purpose.HUD_ONLY_VIEW,
render_purpose.SCREENSPACE_OUTSIDE_COCKPIT,
render_purpose.SCREENSPACE_INSIDE_COCKPIT} -- set purposes to draw it always
render_target_always = true
end 

Does this still work? Because i thought the a10 module had its own viewporthadeling script.

Edited by Howartzer

I have no idea, I'm not having any frame rate issues with Helios and I'm running both MFCD's in main monitor and cockpit

• 3 months later...

OK!!! I don't know which version of ka 50 is this,Black Shark or Black Shark 2 on dcs world?,,,but I doing this steps in Basic Black Shark 1.0.9 and have hud on second monitor,,,but it fill with green colour after 5 sec because it work without black square below of it,,,,and I ask how to make this black square????? how look like lua script for black square???

• 4 months later...

Function to change view angle/rotate screen in viewport lua files (monitor setup)

(after talking with developers)

viewRoll = [absolute angle in degrees]

Should be able to add this line into any viewport parameters. I found this useful to rotate viewports to match monitor alignment:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3193405#post3193405

Just thought I'd share

• 6 months later...
is there an updated guide on this? one that is compatible with 2.5?

From my end everything still works as-is in 2.5

METEOP

i5-6600K OC@4.5Ghz, GTX 1070 OC, 32Gb RAM, M.2 NVMe SSD

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pro, Trackhat Clip, 1080p projector, Custom touchscreen rig, Ikarus touchscreen panel, Voice Attack, ReShade, Simshaker Aviator

Guys, so far I've been playing A10-C only. And for I know how to export MFCDs, RWR etc.

Now I am interested in other planes.

Is there some list of viewports available per plane model?

Can someone give me a link to it, or just state the viewports per plane here?

• 2 weeks later...
Guys, so far I've been playing A10-C only. And for I know how to export MFCDs, RWR etc.

Now I am interested in other planes.

Is there some list of viewports available per plane model?

Can someone give me a link to it, or just state the viewports per plane here?

+1 to this. been scavenging the web looking for info on this. Managed to get the mfcds on the AV8B to export but would like to export a few other things like fuel.

Here are my files if you want to try and figure them out. I'm not sure how much you know about viewports...

Many planes viewports use the same name (LEFT_MFCD; RIGHT_MFCD). So you cannot have them in the one MonitorSetup .lua file because their x;y;width;height coordinates would get confused. They need separate lua files.

So, I have a mod to rename some of the viewports to give them unique names. These names are used in the enclosed MonitorSetup .lua files. So, if you use this jsgme mod, those names will work in a MonitorSetup .lua file that you create.

The FC3 aircraft cannot be modded(afaik) so they all use the standard xx_MFCD. But my mod(most of which came from PeterP's mods) give unique names to several aircraft.

There is enough there to figure out many planes if you know how this works. Hope this helps.:D

Export - All Viewports.rar

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

- ҉ - Blackshark Cockpit Trainer - ҉ -    Thread   | Download

• 1 month later...

With the release version 2.5 I can't anymore export any screen except the MFCD. I'm trying to export RWR, CDU without success. With the 2.5 Beta, with 2.0, and with 1.5 version it was good, but with 2.5 released impossible.

Some of you have this problem ?

Edited by jed40

Do you have the mods installed that make the cdu and rwr able to export? You must have had them before.. Only then can you add them to the MonitorSetup. Lua files. See my download link above..

Intel I9-10850K (OC @ 5.0ghz) │ Asus Maximus XII Hero │ G.Skill Ripjaws 64GB (4x16GB) DDR4 3200 │ Thermaltake Water 360mm
Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24gb │ 2TB M.2 EVO Pro; 1T M.2 EVO; Sandisk SSD Drives │ 49" Samsung Curved Widescreen │ 28" Touchscreen

Thx Snacko for your help.

Unfortunatly I spent 2 hours trying your files. I adapt the monitor setup to my configuration, and modified the needed files in the script folder of A-10C... but nothing is displayed on my second scren, even MFCD's that was ok with my previous original file... Really I don't understand why it does not work...

I have not used them in a while, so I just tested them in the released version 2.5 and they all work fine. See my attached pic.. So, I am not sure what you are doing wrong..

Are you sure that you are doing all of this?

1. Enable the Export mod in the game folder.
  2. Use the export.lua file in the Saved Games\DCS\Scripts folder.
  3. Set your game Resolution to the correct size.
  4. Setup the Viewport names and X,Y coordinates in your MonitorSetup .lua file.
  5. Select your MonitorSetup .lua file in the Game Settings / Monitor.

That's pretty much it.

Send me a PM if you want more help. :thumbup:

Snacko

• 4 weeks later...
I have just tried this and I have had no luck in getting any viewports to export. Any help would be much appreicated. Let me know what I need to post here.

What aircraft were you trying to export?