[How To] Export ALL Indicators like MFCD via ViewPorts

icemaker

The stuff the community is doing with HELIOS is just stellar. Apart from Iceman's genius, Sandman has figured out a way to display Mission Briefing Info inside of HELIOS. This piece of kit is becoming indispensable.

http://www.scsimulations.com/forums/showthread.php?1072-Displaying-DCS-A10C-Mission-Data-in-a-Profile

+1...Elevolution.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Celticcoho (OriginFreedom)

WIN 7 64 bit, I7975 at 3.6ghz,X58 Classified 3 Mobo, 6gb Corsair 2000 ram, 2 ea ATI 5870 Eyefinity 6 2gb's , 27" Ultra Sharp,(main view), 3 23"touch screens , Tm Warthog, Saitek Combat Pedals Track IR 5,:D JIM.:book:

Ah. My mistake, reading through I got the idea it was a new method of exporting.

Told you it was a noob question.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

• ED Team

Topic starter makes fundamentional mistake when add to you script sample :

he commented render_purpose.GENERAL , it means that you told to indicator do not try render as device inside of the cockpit ( in 3D dimensions like MFCD and others ) , uncomment it and CDU wil be alive again on panel.

sigpic2354_5.gif

It's not a mistake, i have done that because i noticed that when i remove indicators from 3D view my FPS increases so by default i remove the indicators that i move to my fixed cockpit view, and that's why i leave the render_purpose.GENERAL as commented line not removed.

Just wanted to say thumbs-up ED for going the LUA route and making the sim so modable. Maybe in further updates or upcoming modules these hidden goodies can be made more accessible through a user interface. In the meantime huge thanks to Ice and the other wizards :thumbup:.

EDIT: Check here Eagle: http://www.scsimulations.com/forums/showthread.php?1070-Howto-Static-CDU-MFCD-CMSP-and-so-on-for-screen-replicator.&p=6928&viewfull=1#post6928. The rest of the thread is worth a look as well.

Edited by hassata

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's not a mistake, i have done that because i noticed that when i remove indicators from 3D view my FPS increases so by default i remove the indicators that i move to my fixed cockpit view, and that's why i leave the render_purpose.GENERAL as commented line not removed.

Did you get the CDU removed from the 3d pit? I removed (commented) the render_purpose.GENERAL but it still shows up in the 3d pit.

Yes it has been removed from 3D for me, if it doesn't for you it may be for tow probable reasons :

- you have not commented the good purpose_render in the file (there are two purpose definitions in the file the first is for rendering when no viewport is created and the second one when a viewport is created).

- The viewport is not created or not correctly.

Edited my first post to add more comments...

PS : Congratulations for your new Beta tester status you really deserved it :thumbup:

Edited by icemaker

Yes it has been removed from 3D for me, if it doesn't for you it may be for tow probable reasons :

- you have not commented the good purpose_render in the file (there are two purpose definitions in the file the first is for rendering when no viewport is created and the second one when a viewport is created).

- The viewport is not created or not correctly.

Edited my first post to add more comments...

PS : Congratulations for your new Beta tester status you really deserved it :thumbup:

Thanks, I'll mess with it more today and see what I did...it's exported through a viewport so maybe I didn't comment the purpose_render correctly. Everything else isn't in the 3d pit.

Would appreciate a note on the OP for this, whilst i did not find the viewport solution you would not be there without my post on SC sims forums . its common courtesy m8...

Pisses me off when people cant leave a simple thanks for pointing the way.

• Like 3

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc

Would appreciate a note on the OP for this, whilst i did not find the viewport solution you would not be there without my post on SC sims forums . its common courtesy m8...

Pisses me off when people cant leave a simple thanks for pointing the way.

We'll I'll thank you....

THANKS!!!!

The work both you and icemaker have done is outstanding!!!

• Like 1

I must have been sleeping all day when this was posted! :doh:

This opens the doors for some great possibilities! I just exported the CDU screen and put my CDU panel over top of it and I got shivers!! Especially when all the LSK buttons lined up with the appropriate lines!

Awesome work to everyone who found and made this possible!!! :thumbup:

Side thought... has this been capable in the sim for awhile (during the betas) or is it only in the final? I know I've seen discussions where people were hoping ED would make this possible. Did they put in and just not mention it? Inquiring minds want to know. :D

Top Stuff!

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

OK figured out this works for HUD export as well :) My dream of building a HUD comes a step closer to reality.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Hi, a simple question from a rookie: where can I find the "value" name of a panel, for example i know the rwr's name is RWR_ SCREEN, the MFCD are named LEFT_MFCD ecc.. but the CDU ? and the others? thanks.

P.S. my apologizes for my very bad english

Side thought... has this been capable in the sim for awhile (during the betas) or is it only in the final? I know I've seen discussions where people were hoping ED would make this possible. Did they put in and just not mention it? Inquiring minds want to know. :D

This has been around since the beginning. The code used for all these new exports existed in the MFCD_init.lua file all along. It just took some geniuses like Icemaker and Trigen to flesh it out for us.

What disappoints me is why ED did not make this available from day 1. Of course after that fact of the above 2 gentlemen finding this I am amazed at how easy it really is and how little work it would have been for ED to do this for the us.

It is my belief that maybe as Graphic artists they do not want all the work of the cockpit to go unused. They put an awful lot of work making the cockpit graphics realistic then us bastards come along and want to make it all go away.

I can see it now.....the artist reads this thread and throws his virtual brush to the floor and walks off muttering how much we do not appreciate his fine work. Of course this is just happening in my little world...your visions may vary

Airdog

| Asus ROG Strix Z370-E Mobo | i7 8700K @ 4.7 | 32 GB DDR4@3200mhz | Gigabyte 2080Ti OC 11GB| Samsung M.2 960 Evo 250Gb and 500Gb | Win10 Pro | Hotas Warthog #02743 | Track IR 5 | Toshiba 47" 120hz LED | Acer 23" Touchscreen | HELIOS |Oculus Rift-S|

http://www.blackknightssquadron.com/