[How To] Export ALL Indicators like MFCD via ViewPorts

icemaker

I think they probably have more pressing work to get done then to program a user interface for these tweaks which relatively few people will use. In the past, they have been extremely prompt about answering specific moding questions when asked. I suspect even a how-to guide would require effort in terms of support, answering questions, and helping people un-break things. I'm just happy the code is accessible for those more talented than I to hack-just imagine if this was an F4 situation. More likely than not, the programmers are more than happy to cater to pit builders to the fullest and to allow a whole range of people to tweak to their particular setups. Al it means is more sales. This is becoming the most pit friendly sim out there.

Edit: On that note, anyone know if the AOA Indexer is exportable?

Edited by hassata

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yea. I doubt it's that nefarious.

If you look at what this awesome "hack" does it would not be usable right out of the box for many people, and if directly published would result in many more support questions. They don't draw bezels, it's tough to align where you need it, etc...

ED has done an amazing job of making their recent sims VERY cockpit friendly. There is always a few more things we would like, but all in all it's amazing what we can accomplish already.

• Like 1

Great job Guys all the way around the block:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Ok, so I have the RWR and CDU screens exporting just dandy. Most excellent.

However, I can't seem to get the CMSP or CMSC to export. Yes, I made sure I turned on the countermeasure system to ensure it would be actually displaying something. I initially thought the issue might be because I had accidentally overlapped my viewport with the RWR viewport by a couple pixels, but I resolved that, and still nothing.

Could you kindly show what editing needs to be done to get the CMSC and CMSP to display?

Yea. I doubt it's that nefarious.

If you look at what this awesome "hack" does it would not be usable right out of the box for many people, and if directly published would result in many more support questions. They don't draw bezels, it's tough to align where you need it, etc...

ED has done an amazing job of making their recent sims VERY cockpit friendly. There is always a few more things we would like, but all in all it's amazing what we can accomplish already.

Soon it will exist an easy way to export indicators take a look here

• 2 weeks later...

noob question, trying to get my head around this at the moment i have 2 screens 1 below the other the 2nd smaller has the mfds and my helios so far so good if i export my mfds to the same location do i have to delete my mfd lua ?? secondly can i thin run in full screen mode instead of windowed??

thanks in advance..

The first part of your question, I'm afraid that I don't understans as you have already said that "2nd smaller has the mfds and my helios so far so good"

The second part of the question is more easily answered: No. DCS cannot export to a Full Screen.

(Friendly tip: Try using a bit of punctuation in your text. It would make it so much easier to read. I know that this is probably not your first language, but I'm sure they use full stops and commas in Danish. :D )

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

Hi all,

Is there a way to extract the cockpit panel graphics from the sim....not he gauges, buttons or displays just the background panels? I'm using Helios and viewports to build a second screen and the panel graphics are a bit....well...bland. paulrkiii has done some excellent ones :thumbup: over on the SCSimulations forum but there are still some missing...radios for one.

Hi all,

Is there a way to extract the cockpit panel graphics from the sim....not he gauges, buttons or displays just the background panels? I'm using Helios and viewports to build a second screen and the panel graphics are a bit....well...bland. paulrkiii has done some excellent ones :thumbup: over on the SCSimulations forum but there are still some missing...radios for one.

???? I've got the radio panels on my profile.

RADIOPNLS.png

• Like 1

I edit AN_ALR69V_init.lua

after line:

indicator_type = indicator_types.COMMON

BLABL:ABLA

use Easy Monitor Configurator .exe

created by iceman ..

.. solved

Edited by majapahit

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

The first part of your question, I'm afraid that I don't understans as you have already said that "2nd smaller has the mfds and my helios so far so good"

The second part of the question is more easily answered: No. DCS cannot export to a Full Screen.

(Friendly tip: Try using a bit of punctuation in your text. It would make it so much easier to read. I know that this is probably not your first language, but I'm sure they use full stops and commas in Danish. :D )

Hi, what i meant is that on my second monitor,i have my MFDs (by making my own LAU files) the way we are talking about in this thread is different is it not?

my question really then is it better this way or the other way of exporting the MFDs

Wolfstone, go to this thread.

Icebreaker has made a really useful utility that you can use to place all sorts of exports exactly where you want them.

This should help you.

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

IceGenius, I'd say. :)

Great stuff! i have managed to output the CDU data to a 7 inch touch screen which is 480x800 standing vertical. My other main screen is a 22 inch 1080x1050 i am having trouble placing the CDU data where i want it, sort of in the middle and up a bit in the hope of getting Hawgtouch CDU panel wrapped around it. If that makes sense?

Does anyone know an easy way to work out the x and y coordinates for this?

Has anyone managed to get Hawgtouch CDU panel working if so i will pay you to help me i am desperate now. :)

Great stuff! i have managed to output the CDU data to a 7 inch touch screen which is 480x800 standing vertical. My other main screen is a 22 inch 1080x1050 i am having trouble placing the CDU data where i want it, sort of in the middle and up a bit in the hope of getting Hawgtouch CDU panel wrapped around it. If that makes sense?

Does anyone know an easy way to work out the x and y coordinates for this?

not using Easy Monitor Configurator .exe ?

cant get any easier han that

Has anyone managed to get Hawgtouch CDU panel working if so i will pay you to help me i am desperate now. :)

I'm using Helios, same Idea

I edited Hawgtouch CDU panel pix (prettier) to work with Helios

Helios support is a bit confuing (geeks)

Hawgtouch seems a bit lacking (friendly geeks)

Helios has a grand Panel Editor .. after you've figured out how it works (you need to be 1/2 a geek)

I have close to all panels (some photoreal, some not) working under Helios on 2nd monitor mainbox, and over a network to laptop (which was sheer luck, cause Helios support pointed me to nowhereland)

ah well

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |