Game Crashes

Carnajo

Hi everyone,

Some help/advice would be appreciated.

Got the LOMAC v1.1 Flaming Cliffs demo, and it keeps crashing on me whenever it tries to load the A-10 missions. I can get into the SU-25 cockpit easy enough, but when I try to fly the A-10, the load screen comes up, but just before the bar fills I get a crash.

Now I know, fair enough, that it is a demo and isn't fully supported, my main concern is if this will carry over to the full game giving me problems, or if show stoppers like this have been fixed.

What I've seen of the game has me quite excited, to the point where even though Falcon 4: Allied Forces is on it's way, I'm concidering going to buy LOMAC just so that I can get v1.1 Flaming Cliffs (which is a mission since I live in South Africa), so I think I have a reasonable concern on whether I'll be buying something which works, or goes dud.

My Setup:

Pentium 650 3.4Ghz

1 Gb Twinmos SpeedPremium RAM

Windows XP

6800 Ultra gfx card,

um, need to know anything else?

Never heard of this A-10 type crash before in the full 1.1.

What sort of controller do you have? And your driver version?

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]

Thanks for the reply.

Driver is Forceware 77.3 (assuming its the gfx drivers you want).

Controller is just keyboard and mouse at the moment, just wanted to have a look at the sim befor investing in a full Joystick.

LOMAC can be a bit glitchy . . .but it will run.

Nvidia Vcard drivers are at v 77.72 here:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_77.72.html

Get Driver Cleaner Pro from Guru3d here:

http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=745

De-install your driver using the control panel add/remove function then run Driver Cleaner Pro. Then install the new 77.72 driver. Now de-install LOMAC. Now delete the whole 'left-over' LOMAC directory. Reinstall the demo. Set all in-game graphic settings to low for the first run. (Don't forget the "Cockpit" setup screen. Everything sets to 'off'.)

If it doesn't work here, be advised . . . It is completely common for LOMAC to be the only program that a system has a problem with. FarCry / Doom3 /UT2004 running fine is NOT an indication that LOMAC will run. So here's a T/S sequence. 1) The powersupply could be suspect. If that's OK, 2) A software conflict might exist that is generally most easily solved with an Fdisk/Format. But if you want the best military flight sim running today . . . .

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Thanks for the advice, I'll give the new drivers a try. I'm pretty sure it's not my PSU. Software conflict might be the problem.

What's the probability of a bad download? It isntalled fine, and no errors popped up, but I guess it is possible.

I'm not too concerned about getting the demo working, my main concern is whether the full version will work or not. The normal (v 1) demo for LOMAC worked fine. It's the v1.1 Flaming Cliffs demo which has the problem

Anyway, here is my error.log, perhaps it will help a bit more.

2005/07/10 10:02 V502031740

FILE NOT FOUND: .\Bazar\Terrain\Onlay\High\Onlay_Crim.sup

FILE NOT FOUND: .\Bazar\Terrain\Onlay\High\Onlay_Crim.sup

Dispatcher: track version = 502031740

Dispatcher: initial random seed = 2552062

Dispatcher: apply random seed = 2552062

Cosmos: Mission date assigned - Year:2004, Month:6, Day:22

DXDefTexture: failed to load A-10-OKRAS-L1.bmp, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

DXDefTexture: failed to load A-10-OKRAS-L3.bmp, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

DXDefTexture: failed to load A-10-OKRAS-L4.bmp, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

DXDefTexture: failed to load A-10-OKRAS-L5.bmp, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

DXDefTexture: failed to load A-10-OKRAS-L6.bmp, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

DXDefTexture: failed to load A-10-OKRAS-R1.bmp, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

DXDefTexture: failed to load A-10-OKRAS-R3.bmp, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

DXDefTexture: failed to load A-10-OKRAS-R4.bmp, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

DXDefTexture: failed to load A-10-OKRAS-R5.bmp, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

DXDefTexture: failed to load A-10-OKRAS-R6.bmp, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

DXDefTexture: failed to load A-10-OKRAS-L8.bmp, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

DXDefTexture: failed to load A-10-OKRAS-L7.bmp, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

DXDefTexture: failed to load A-10-OKRAS-R8.bmp, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

DXDefTexture: failed to load A-10-OKRAS-R7.bmp, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

DXDefTexture: failed to load A-10_104th-FW.tga, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

View::Can't execute Lua file cannot read ./Scripts/Serialization.lua: No such file or directory

DXDefTexture: failed to load MAZ.bmp, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

DXDefTexture: failed to load avtobus.bmp, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

DXDefTexture: failed to load katok-mard-wed.bmp, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

DXDefTexture: failed to load kurtka.bmp, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

DXDefTexture: failed to load face.bmp, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

DXDefTexture: failed to load TRAVA-2.TGA, D3DXERR_INVALIDDATA.

Unfortunately it did not help.

I also tried the msvcrt.dll "fix" by creating a file lomac.exe.local but that also did not help.

I actually got it to load the A-10 once, I don't know how, I first went to the replay/videos and then into the A-10 training and it worked, but I was unable to get it to work again.

"FILE NOT FOUND: .\Bazar\Terrain\Onlay\High\Onlay_Crim.sup" from the error.log, is this file supposed to be there, because it isn't in the folder.

Anyway, perhaps it was just a bad download or a localised problem and hopefully the full release works fine.

LOMAC wouldn't run on my machine either. It would just freeze the system at will. When I was at your spot in the LOMAC troubleshoot sequence I had loads of error logs with lots of "cannot find ..." lines. Windows has a debugging tool that creates "dump logs" when a program crashes. You read them with a special program. They're not English . . they're computerese so I couldn't really tell what was happening, so . . .

I contacted UBI tech support. They were unable to get LOMAC to run for me by any means. They just finally closed the case without a resolution.

The fDisk/format finally fixed the problem. This leads me to believe there was a program, combination of programs or some software configuration that was killing only LOMAC. Other than LOMAC, the computer was completely stable (with all the other big video games installed and running well) and had been so for 2 years. This problem was completely unique to LOMAC. I'm at XP/SP1 now, bringing things back up slowly and still waiting for that 'last program loaded' to take out LOMAC. Still OK. In other words, I still don't know what it was . . .I don't think anyone does . . .yet!