Need help with GBU-12

Slambo

I tryed your track, it kept crashing when I went to load it up, I noitced also the latest patch says 1.1.0.6, when I load up DCS it says 1.1.0 im guess this patch is newer.

Anyways here is another video based on the helpful coments and I still am not having any luck.

Before making a SPI I also turn on the Laser to mark the correct range (don't know if it is necessary). which means: find target with TGP, turn on Laser (Latch on) and then I create a SPI. After that select the GBU and wait for the time to drop. I have attached a small track (starts with a Maverick kill) - don't know if it helps.

whats-wrong-PART2.trk

Good question - I just checked my game and it also says 1.1.0 ingame but when I check the properties of the DCS.exe it says 1.1.0.6 (and I know I have installed the patch). Perhaps you need to reinstall it once?

I just checked your track and it works. I have noticed that you never had you your laser on and therefore you were tracking a point next to the ship. Try to turn on the Laser (not Auto-Lase) before making a SPI and also make sure that the Laser is on while the bomb is falling.

yea I am still fooling with this, alot of it has to do with the laser not activating, and the SPI being out in space, due to the way I setup this mission. I did go back and tweak the waypoint to the middle of the airfield at 33ft. Managed to get the SPI to finally lock, and then did a manual lase, it worked but then I went back and reloaded the mission again and it didnt. Even thou the L was flashing. its got to be somthing stupid I am just not seeing, hopefully the bulb will go on sooner or later.

You also need to be careful with your laser code. If you start the mission with the default loadout chances are your laser code will be set to the default 1688. However, in MP at least, if you ask for rearming from the ground crew and reload GBUs you should check to see whether the laser code in the TGP is also set to 1688.

This drove me mad for weeks (not being able to hit anything) until I realised I was lasing, but the bomb wasn't seeing it as the laser code was not set to anything in the TGP.

Good luck!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Creator of:

F-18C VFA-195 "Dambusters" 1998 CAG Livery

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=213788

F-18C VFA-195 "Dambusters" July 2001 CAG Livery

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=215950

Pilot avatars for DCS Logbook

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=221160

How to make a DCS A-10C Panel

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=65998

Do not trust the AUTO LASE function (at least not in this build). I switched to manual lasing to make sure everything is done right. Like everybody said, make sure the blinking "L" is in the TGP.

If your flying masks the TPod (masking meaning part of the airframe or your weaponry is in the way) you won't be able to lase, which may have been your problem. I've not had a problem with the auto-lase.

I have read, I have watch videos, I have dug in here, but I dont know what I am doing wrong. I have tryed to get this to work since beta, but have had intermittent luck at best.

I have uploaded a track, of what I am doing can anyone offer advice to a noob:helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

I can tell you I had a similar problem. I turned latchon off and it worked fine. Of course I am noob, and Im sure latchon serves a purpose, but latchon is def the problem here I think.

It will remain the same if you do not move SPI from the waypoint. Also are you doing a TMS Forward Long Or TMS Forward Short?

System Specs: MSI Big Bang Fuzion P55 1156, Intel Core i5-661 OC to 4.17GHz, EVGA GTX660TI 3GB, Corsair 750W PSU, 8 GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 PC3 12800 1600MHz, Creative THX Quantum Wave True Studio, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Corsair Hydro H70 CPU Cooler, Saitek Pro Flight Yolk System, Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, X52 Pro, TrackIR 5 with Pro Clip

It will remain the same if you do not move SPI from the waypoint. Also are you doing a TMS Forward Long Or TMS Forward Short?

I mixed up terminology , so much going on. I thought TMS forward was TMS right. I have that sorted out now.

It still doesnt change waypoint on hud but I do get a bombing line when I long press it.

Its pretty cool too, I can now hit pretty much anything I see, just by slewing around, TMS forward long(correct one) and go for the drop.

Couple of things I have noticed.

I dont have auto laser on (purposefully) and I still nail things with the gbu38 without using manual lasering. Second, I havent been switching GBU12s to CCRP, and keeping them at ccpi and they still hit exactly where I aim with manual laser.

So what exactly is the point of switching the gbu12s to ccpi?

So what exactly is the point of switching the gbu12s to ccpi?

At higher altitudes you have to get in a pretty steep dive to get the CCIP on target (if you're not using 5mil/3-9). CCRP is just much more comfortable at higher altitudes, because you can just fly level and let the computer decide when to release the bomb.

Ive been having problems gbu-12 as well. I tried auto and manual lase and verified a flashing L and it misses nearly everytime. I know my targeting procedure is fine because I can use every other weapon without issue. For whatever reason it isnt tracking the laser.

Intel i7 990X, 6GB DDR3, Nvidia GTX 470 x2 SLI, Win 7 x64

http://picasaweb.google.com/sweinhart

Ive been having problems gbu-12 as well. I tried auto and manual lase and verified a flashing L and it misses nearly everytime. I know my targeting procedure is fine because I can use every other weapon without issue. For whatever reason it isnt tracking the laser.

Kindly post a track if assistance is required.

I have been unable to replicate any issues that can be attributable to the SIM/Bug. Rather it has all been incorrect weapons deployment/user error (myself included, albeit intentionally).

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Confirm TGP and LGB laser codes match. Additionally, don't start to lase too late or the bomb may have flown out of the area from where it can pick up the laser if you dropped with a lot of error.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

At higher altitudes you have to get in a pretty steep dive to get the CCIP on target (if you're not using 5mil/3-9). CCRP is just much more comfortable at higher altitudes, because you can just fly level and let the computer decide when to release the bomb.

Sorry I should have made it more clear.

What I mean is whats the point of switching the gbu 12 PROFILE to ccrp (default is ccpi ) ?

I leave it at default ccpi, and only change hud to ccrp , still works fine.

The tutorial has you changing the profile to ccrp and saving it . My question is why would you have to do that?

I believe the advantage is that the HUD will be set to the mode associated with the weapon in it's DSMS profile when you select it. IOW, a time saver.

Zenra

Intel i7 930 2.8GHz; ATI HD5850 1GB; 1TB Serial ATA-II; 12GB DDR3-1333; 24 x DL DVD+/-RW Drive; 800W PSU; Win7-64; TM Warthog HOTAS