**NEW** A10/Su27/Su33 Weapon Mod v1.1

Hi everyone,

Since I had some spare time I decided to update the A-10 weapon mod to include improvements to the Su-27 and Su-33 ground attack capability.

This mod now consists of the realistic A-10A weapons mod with CBU-97s and Mk-20 Rockeyes on MERs, new 6 bomb MERs for the Su-27 and Su-33, and many new and improved weapon loads for all three aircraft built into the MEInit.xml file. The readme is below.

The weapon mod file is here: http://www3.telus.net/public/shepskii/A10-Su27-33-Weapon-Mod-v11.zip

Please feel free to mirror it!

Cheers,

Mark

Readme:

Lock On 1.1: Flaming Cliffs A-10A and Su-27/33 Weapon Payload Modification v1.1

This modification for Flaming Cliffs will allow the user to use the weapons and correct station loading that is closest to what the real A-10A can carry within the confines of the simulation. It will also allow the user to equip the Su-27 and Su-33 with MERs in order to increase it's capacity to carry dumb bombs. The Su-27 will have now have the air to ground payload capability of the Su-27SK.

The main changes are as follows:

A-10A

1. Stations 3 and 9 are the only stations that can carry the AGM-65 Maverick either as singles or in pairs on the outboard and bottom racks of TER(Triple Ejector Racks).

2. Stations 1 and 11 can carry the AIM-9 Sidewinder, ALQ-131 ECM pods, Mk-20, CBU-97, and Mk-82 iron bombs.

3. Stations 4 and 8 can carry Mk-82s and Mk-20s on TER's.

4. Stations 4 and 8 can carry LAU-61 Hydra launchers on TER's.

5. Stations 3 and 9 can carry SUU-25 illumination flares.

6. All stations can now carry single CBU-97 Cluster bombs. Mr. Wolf has released a great new skin for the CBU-97 found here: http://www.lockonskins.co.uk/index.php?page=downloads. For those with Flaming Cliffs v1.11 a new model and skin was included for the CBU-97 so this one is not required.

7. The ability to carry Mk-20 Rockeye's on TER's has been re-introduced but note that due to scaling or the TER model, the landing gear will pass through the outboard weapon.

8. Included in the MEInit.xml file are several custom payloads using the new station modifications.

Su-27 and Su-33

1. Added MERs which will carry 6 250 kilo FAB and PB bombs each to the 4 fuselage and 2 inner wing stations of the Su-27 and Su-33.

2. Increased the payload options for the "Ground Attack" and "CAS" tasks for the Su-33 and the "Ground Attack" task for the Su-27.

The Su-27 and Su-33 now have the capabilty to mount MERs that will hold 6 250 kilo bombs each giving the Su-27 and Su-33 the ability to employ 36 dumb bombs on the MERs alone. When the pickle button is pressed, each pair of similarly loaded MERs will release all it's 6 bombs with a few milliseconds of delay. The player will have no control over the release method with these MERs.

**Note: This modification will not alter any existing custom payloads or any payloads in any existing missions or campaigns. If a custom payload, such as those provided by Eagle Dynamics, has 3 AGM-65s on TER's then they will be useable. This modification only affects using the custom payload editor. There will be duplicate playloads listed because of the ones from the MECustom file of the first version of this mod as this one only replaces the MEInit file. You can delete any duplicate custom payloads via the in game payload editor. These duplicate payloads will be listed after the ones from the MEInit file in the editor drop down window.

A BIG thanks to Jens "Alpha" for importing all the new A-10A payloads into the MEInit.xml file... it was a very big job!

Thanks to everyone at Check 6 for the wonderful LOMAN tool and to the fine man who provided me with the official weapon and station information.

I hope the realism this modification brings will be useful and enjoyable to everyone.

July 11, 2005

• Like 3

Excellent Mod, Shepski.

I've stuck it to top as a Mod #1 for fresh lockoners.

"There are five dangerous faults which may affect a general: recklessness, which leads to destruction; cowardice, which leads to capture; a hasty temper, which can be provoked by insults; a delicacy of honor which is sensitive to shame; over-solicitude for his men, which exposes him to worry and trouble." Sun Tzu

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic2354_5.gif[/sigpic]

I hope this mod is merged into the official 1.2 meInit.xml.

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

"умный, спортсмен, комсомолетс"

[sIGPIC]159th_pappavis.jpg[/sIGPIC]

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

Hi everyone,

Since I had some spare time I decided to update the A-10 weapon mod to include improvements to the Su-27 and Su-33 ground attack capability.

This mod now consists of the realistic A-10A weapons mod with CBU-97s and Mk-20 Rockeyes on MERs, new 6 bomb MERs for the Su-27 and Su-33, and many new and improved weapon loads for all three aircraft built into the MEInit.xml file. The readme is below.

The weapon mod file is here: http://www.mts.net/~shepski/A10-Su27-33-Weapon-Mod-v11.zip

Please feel free to mirror it!

Cheers,

Mark

Readme:

Lock On 1.1: Flaming Cliffs A-10A and Su-27/33 Weapon Payload Modification v1.1

This modification for Flaming Cliffs will allow the user to use the weapons and correct station loading that is closest to what the real A-10A can carry within the confines of the simulation. It will also allow the user to equip the Su-27 and Su-33 with MERs in order to increase it's capacity to carry dumb bombs. The Su-27 will have now have the air to ground payload capability of the Su-27SK.

The main changes are as follows:

A-10A

1. Stations 3 and 9 are the only stations that can carry the AGM-65 Maverick either as singles or in pairs on the outboard and bottom racks of TER(Triple Ejector Racks).

2. Stations 1 and 11 can carry the AIM-9 Sidewinder, ALQ-131 ECM pods, Mk-20, CBU-97, and Mk-82 iron bombs.

3. Stations 4 and 8 can carry Mk-82s and Mk-20s on TER's.

4. Stations 4 and 8 can carry LAU-61 Hydra launchers on TER's.

5. Stations 3 and 9 can carry SUU-25 illumination flares.

6. All stations can now carry single CBU-97 Cluster bombs. Mr. Wolf has released a great new skin for the CBU-97 found here: http://www.lockonskins.co.uk/index.php?page=downloads

7. The ability to carry Mk-20 Rockeye's on TER's has been re-introduced but note that due to scaling or the TER model, the landing gear will pass through the outboard weapon.

8. Included in the MEInit.xml file are several custom payloads using the new station modifications.

Su-27 and Su-33

1. Added MERs which will carry 6 250 kilo FAB and PB bombs each to the 4 fuselage and 2 inner wing stations of the Su-27 and Su-33.

2. Increased the payload options for the "Ground Attack" and "CAS" tasks for the Su-33 and the "Ground Attack" task for the Su-27.

The Su-27 and Su-33 now have the capabilty to mount MERs that will hold 6 250 kilo bombs each giving the Su-27 and Su-33 the ability to employ 36 dumb bombs on the MERs alone. When the pickle button is pressed, each pair of similarly loaded MERs will release all it's 6 bombs with a few milliseconds of delay. The player will have no control over the release method with these MERs.

Nice work! :D - good to see that you are still "at it" :)

A BIG thanks to Jens "Alpha" for importing all the new A-10A payloads into the MEInit.xml file... it was a very big job!

You are welcome Mark - my pleasure :)

Cheers,

- JJ.

JJ

Only if they are available when you select Israel and pick the F-15, then it will be real.

USAF F-15s have their air-to-ground mode locked out but can be re-activated with a software disk. Could use Mk-82/84, or Mk20. On centreline and underwing only. Not worth doing really.

That's up to Eagle Aldega.

Parts of the first mod got into a 1.0 patch previously though.

Really it would be great if it could be included in the follow-on patch. I hate to go mess around in the MEInit.xml.

Have ED taken notice of this realistic weapons mod? Do you have contact with anyone at ED? Could you contact with someone to have it included into the coming patch?

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

[TABLE]SPECS: i9-9900K 32gigs RAM, Geforce 2070RTX, Creative XFi Fata1ity, TIR5, Valve Index & HP Reverb, HOTAS Warthog, Logitech G933 Headset, 10Tb storage.[/TABLE]

'Not worth doing really?'

I think it'd be great to expand the capability of the 15-

Yes it would be great, that's why the USAF made the F-15E. The F-15A/B/C/D are not a pound for air to ground fighters. With the exception of Israel which arm their F-15A/B/C/Ds with dumb bombs, JDAMs, AGM-142 and GBU-15 weapons. Their F-15I has a lot more air to ground options available to it on top of the above.

Just a little correction on the Su-27/33 MERs. When the MERs are loaded on the wing pylons they can hold 6 bombs each as modeld. But when the MERs are loaded under the intakes or in the tunnel they can only hold 5 bombs each. The reason for this, I'm not sure but thats how they are loaded.

An Su-30MKI with MERs loaded.

su30mki24.jpg

su30mki2.jpg

su30mki1.jpg

My problem is same!

Hi!

I'm a new one here, but this weapon mod is my actual problem.

Yes, the Su-30MKI' MERs...

So I finished a pair of new MER 6, FAB-100 and 250 pylons, and my main concept is the REAL size MER for the small caliber FAB bombs.

The real problem in the game's MER pylons is the size.

This MER 6 shape is from the real big 6 lock MER, and they are made for the large FAB-500 and 1500, not for the small weapons.

I choose the TU-22M3's MER 9, take the y and z coordinates, and use the MER 4*4 FAB-100 x coordinates, and the pylon is the MER-3.

This is perfect and looking good!

BUT!

This is working only in the editor view!

Not in the game!

When I starting the game, under the wings and fuselage, the MER 6 is the old shape... :(

How can I try repair this problem???

(my another finished project is the realistic MiG-29 nozzle. It's looking good...)

Hi,plz could we have a detailed guide on how to install this mod for us newbies ;) :icon_redf

Its a Loman package. Loman is a freeware proggy which packages lo-mac addons into a ZIP-archive. You neeed to install Loman first, then drop a add-on ZIP into Loman' addons folder, then start Loman, select the addon u whish to install. Its in fact dead easy to use.

Get loman 4.0b3 from http://www.checksix-fr.com/bibliotheque/index.php?page=detail&ID=2812

This addon is just anoter loman addon. Install and enjoy :)

met vriendelijke groet,

Михель

I choose the TU-22M3's MER 9, take the y and z coordinates, and use the MER 4*4 FAB-100 x coordinates, and the pylon is the MER-3.

This is perfect and looking good!

BUT!

This is working only in the editor view!

Not in the game!

When I starting the game, under the wings and fuselage, the MER 6 is the old shape... :(

How can I try repair this problem???

Step 1.: duplicate the tu-22m3 mer9 shape

Step 2.: rename one of the files to MBD-3 (backup the old file first)

Done!

should work, cuz it works for planes aswell