**NEW** A10/Su27/Su33 Weapon Mod v1.1

New Mod update

Getting really close with this new mod. Got the Meinit.xml file all straight with the following mods: FPS Tweak 1.12d, Navy SuperMod10, and the Realistic Weapons Mod. Worked on trying to get Birdys Tree Mod scene files mixed with the extra base in Navy SuperMod10, but havent been able to get the merge/compare program to open the med or large scn files. It keeps saying "ran out of memory". I guess I'll just go with two versions, one with the trees and one with the extra base. Things seem to be working right so far where I have tested. Thanks for all the help, ideas and advice from everybody.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

system specs:

AMD 1100T X6, Asus Crosshair 4 Formula Mobo, 16 Gigs GSkill DDR3, XFX R9-290X 4GB 512-Bit, X-52 flight stick set, Samsung 2560x1440, Win7 64

• 1 month later...
I know it's a dumb question, but can this weapons mod be installed over FC 1.12a? I get confused since the readme says FC 1.1. Thanks...

Yes it can

• 1 year later...

I assume that the adding the Lau-10 and Kab-500L has already been discussed? Anyway, I was wondering if anyone has considered adding weapons to AI aircraft? Many of them have unrealistically limited loads (eg. Mi-24 carries bombs, Mig-27 carries sppu-22 etc.)

S!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Hi everyone,

Since I had some spare time I decided to update the A-10 weapon mod to include improvements to the Su-27 and Su-33 ground attack capability.

This mod now consists of the realistic A-10A weapons mod with CBU-97s and Mk-20 Rockeyes on MERs, new 6 bomb MERs for the Su-27 and Su-33, and many new and improved weapon loads for all three aircraft built into the MEInit.xml file. The readme is below.

The weapon mod file is here: http://www3.telus.net/public/shepskii/A10-Su27-33-Weapon-Mod-v11.zip

Please feel free to mirror it!

Cheers,

Mark

Readme:

Lock On 1.1: Flaming Cliffs A-10A and Su-27/33 Weapon Payload Modification v1.1

This modification for Flaming Cliffs will allow the user to use the weapons and correct station loading that is closest to what the real A-10A can carry within the confines of the simulation. It will also allow the user to equip the Su-27 and Su-33 with MERs in order to increase it's capacity to carry dumb bombs. The Su-27 will have now have the air to ground payload capability of the Su-27SK.

The main changes are as follows:

A-10A

1. Stations 3 and 9 are the only stations that can carry the AGM-65 Maverick either as singles or in pairs on the outboard and bottom racks of TER(Triple Ejector Racks).

2. Stations 1 and 11 can carry the AIM-9 Sidewinder, ALQ-131 ECM pods, Mk-20, CBU-97, and Mk-82 iron bombs.

3. Stations 4 and 8 can carry Mk-82s and Mk-20s on TER's.

4. Stations 4 and 8 can carry LAU-61 Hydra launchers on TER's.

5. Stations 3 and 9 can carry SUU-25 illumination flares.

6. All stations can now carry single CBU-97 Cluster bombs. Mr. Wolf has released a great new skin for the CBU-97 found here: http://www.lockonskins.co.uk/index.php?page=downloads. For those with Flaming Cliffs v1.11 a new model and skin was included for the CBU-97 so this one is not required.

7. The ability to carry Mk-20 Rockeye's on TER's has been re-introduced but note that due to scaling or the TER model, the landing gear will pass through the outboard weapon.

8. Included in the MEInit.xml file are several custom payloads using the new station modifications.

Su-27 and Su-33

1. Added MERs which will carry 6 250 kilo FAB and PB bombs each to the 4 fuselage and 2 inner wing stations of the Su-27 and Su-33.

2. Increased the payload options for the "Ground Attack" and "CAS" tasks for the Su-33 and the "Ground Attack" task for the Su-27.

The Su-27 and Su-33 now have the capabilty to mount MERs that will hold 6 250 kilo bombs each giving the Su-27 and Su-33 the ability to employ 36 dumb bombs on the MERs alone. When the pickle button is pressed, each pair of similarly loaded MERs will release all it's 6 bombs with a few milliseconds of delay. The player will have no control over the release method with these MERs.

**Note: This modification will not alter any existing custom payloads or any payloads in any existing missions or campaigns. If a custom payload, such as those provided by Eagle Dynamics, has 3 AGM-65s on TER's then they will be useable. This modification only affects using the custom payload editor. There will be duplicate playloads listed because of the ones from the MECustom file of the first version of this mod as this one only replaces the MEInit file. You can delete any duplicate custom payloads via the in game payload editor. These duplicate payloads will be listed after the ones from the MEInit file in the editor drop down window.

A BIG thanks to Jens "Alpha" for importing all the new A-10A payloads into the MEInit.xml file... it was a very big job!

Thanks to everyone at Check 6 for the wonderful LOMAN tool and to the fine man who provided me with the official weapon and station information.

I hope the realism this modification brings will be useful and enjoyable to everyone.

July 11, 2005

the only mod i have installed a must have , thanks sourire2.gif (rep away)