1.1.0.7 patch -> Pixel anomaly

leonsilver

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps with another drivers (CCC) of ATI too. The rest is ok.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

To Summarise ---

-Only affects 6XXX series cards

-Only with 11.3 and 11.4 drivers

-Only with 1.1.0.7

-Only with HDR on

Correct?

Nate

As far as I can tell all the above is correct.

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

An old pilot is one who remembers when flying was dangerous and sex was safe.

ok after a few testing flights i can say the following :

1. The issue remains the same with catalyst 11.2. I dont want to go back any further in driver versions.

2. The issue definetly is gone with HDR off.

( 2.5. HDR is a real fps killer ;) )

3. The issue can be seen when flying in urban areas and looking at buildings, at least i think so.

One time i think i saw a white square appear over the canopy frame. Hard to tell, as they vanish so quickly.

I have an Radeon 6950 which is shader unlocked to a 6970 but no overclock. Had no problems in stress tests so far. No artifacts in any other 3d environments. Temperatures are well ok. I dont believe that that is the source of that ghost squares.

Hope that can be adressed, as i like the HDR. ( I dont like the fps impact though lol )

Ready to provide more information as needed, or to do further testing as necessary.

EDIT:

I render the MFDs as "overlays" on my main screen to use with the TM MFDs. Cockpit Rendering off MFDs is turned of.

img_0577wp81.jpg

Do you guys use similar configs ?

Edited by skeemo

I'll repeat myself :P: has anyone tried exporting the hdr.fx file (C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Bazar\shaders\PostMotionEffect\HDR) from a v1.1.0.6 install?

edit: reason why i bring this up, this thread for example http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=67866 i just wonder, why not export an earlier hdr.fx file from an previous version and try it in 1.1.0.7? might just be the cure you 6xxx owners need :)

Edited by Mustang

I'll repeat myself :P: has anyone tried exporting the hdr.fx file (C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS A-10C\Bazar\shaders\PostMotionEffect\HDR) from a v1.1.0.6 install?

edit: reason why i bring this up, this thread for example http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=67866 i just wonder, why not export an earlier hdr.fx file from an previous version and try it in 1.1.0.7? might just be the cure you 6xxx owners need :)

Sorry for you having to repeat yourself but the problem may be that as we have already patched we don't have the hdr.fx file from 1.1.0.6.

Don't know how big it is but if someone can provide it I'll try.

i9 9900x at 5.1 Ghz // ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula EK Bloc // 64Gb Corsair Vengence 3600Mhz DDR4 Ram // Gigabyte Aorus 3090 Watercooled block//Samsung SM951 M2 x4 SSD // Windows 10 64 Bit //48inch LG48 @ 3840x2160 120Hz//Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ 3440 x 14440 144Hz // TM Warthog HOTAS (Ser. No. 00836) //MFG Crosswind Pedals // TrackIR 5 //Varjo Aero

I tried the one from Mustang's linked topic, which probably is an older one.

That didn't resolved the issue with HDR.

Also, to repeat myself ;), i am pretty sure that i've seen that anomalies BEFORE patch 1.1.0.7 as well.

mhm, they are great cards for the money !

Anyway let's summarise again what we know (Hello Nate :) )

- Could be a AMD 6xxx cars issue (please don't)

- Tested with Driver 11.2 - still there

- HDR off = issue gone

- Tested older hdr.fx - still there

- Could be already there before patch 1.1.0.7

Definitely wasn't there for me before the patch.

Sheesh I know I'm going blind with age (LOL) but I wouldn't have missed those flashes. :)

Any has backup of HDR effect from 1.1.0.6? Id like to try with this...

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

mhm, they are great cards for the money !

Anyway let's summarise again what we know (Hello Nate :) )

- Could be a AMD 6xxx cars issue (please don't)

- Tested with Driver 11.2 - still there

- HDR off = issue gone

- Tested older hdr.fx - still there

- Could be already there before patch 1.1.0.7

Yup! Suffering from the same...:doh:

I was so happy to finally get this running on my machine, and initially thought it might just programed "sunlight glint", but it seems to be getting worse the more I play. I never could run 1.1.0.6 because of the load lag issue, but I never saw this in Beta 1, 2, or 3, and not in the 1.1.0 release, using the old GUI hack. System specs below.....

ASUS ROG Rampage II, 12GB RAM in triple channel, i7 965e, ATI (ASUS) HD6970, WD VelociRaptors in RAID0, TM Warthog , TM MFD's velcroed to second monitor, running windowed at 1200x2224 with everything on HIGH

So again report with this issue and ATI 6xxx series card. As we see this problem exists when You used this kind of cards (very popular now) and HDR in 1.1.0.7 is ON. Pity :( .

If ED do something with this issue of new patch I can test it :).

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Update:

ok i played around with disabling the catalyst AI which is not so easy in newer CCC versions.

I tried it with editing the CCC's profiles XML.

I tried it with RadeonPro and setting the AI setting to global off.

The problem is still there.

On the other hand you never know if your 3D driver settings really are applied and there is no possibility to check that.

Interesting.

Look what i found here :

http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=3899903&postcount=18

Right, interesting but for me - I didnt change nothing.

Before 1.1.0.7 I havent this issue, after 1.1.0.7 I have = reason, something wrong with 1.1.0.7 and new HDR effect. Drivers of my GPU was to same.

Sure, I can tast this F/A-18C Too ;D.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

From what i've read http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=332445 simply putting Catalyst AI on High Quality will disable it.

Theres a new system introduced in the 11.x series drivers:

High Quality = Off (old Cat AI setting)

Quality = Low (old Cat AI setting)

Performance = High (old Cat AI setting)

"The Texture Filtering Quality slider has three settings – High Quality, Quality (default), and Performance. The High Quality setting disables all texture optimizations. The Quality setting enables a trilinear optimization as well as an anisotropic sample optimization, which are designed to have no visible impact on image quality while offering improved performance. The Performance setting enables more aggressive versions of these optimizations that offer further performance improvement, but may have a small impact on image quality.

The AMD Radeon HD 6800 series continues to support fully angle invariant anisotropic filtering, and incorporates further improvements in LOD precision relative to the ATI Radeon HD 5000 Series. These image quality benefits come with no additional performance cost and remain enabled at all Texture Filtering Quality settings.

When comparing performance and image quality against NVIDIA products, we recommend using the same Texture Filtering Quality setting in the NVIDIA Control Panel to ensure the most direct and fair comparison. However, note that as of this writing NVIDIA products do not offer a comparable anisotropic filtering option with full angle independence.

The Surface Format Optimization checkbox allows improved performance in selected games that use 16-bit floating point surfaces for HDR rendering. It is designed to have no discernable effect on image quality, and therefore we recommend it be left enabled at all times."

Tested with 6950 (not unlocked) and problem persists even with CatalystAI=Off (file edit) and Texture Filtering Quality slider in any position. Confirmed that HDR=off did solve the problem.

Agree with you all. HDR is a must have for me.