iControl DCS - iPad Cockpit

There's a thread about this already in the input/output forum, but I'd like feedback from a larger audience.

iControl DCS is ground up iPad cockpit solution deeply integrated into A-10s scripting and export capabilities.

Key features so far:

• Live MFCDs with fully functional buttons.
  • Live CDU with fully functional buttons.
  • Live caution and warning panel.
  • UFC with all buttons functioning.
  • Comprehensive configuration interface for setting up all the scripting and configuration to work with the simulator so the end user doesn't have to hand edit lua files :thumbup:

Here's the first demonstration video released

Video showing MFCD TGP video

Video showing live CDU and Caution and Warning panel

Video showing two iPads with MFCDs, one viewing TGP video, the other Mav.

Currently we're in a small closed beta test, but may expand that to include new testers in the future.

If you are interested in testing, please visit the site and apply!

http://www.bit-shift.com/home/icontrol-dcs

Keep an eye out for a release on the US App Store this summer!

• Like 1

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

A10 Virtual Cockpit Free - Free limited functionality version of iControl DCS!

DCS Virtual Cockpit - Android version!

Follow on Twitter for all the latest news

This looks great for those that have ipads and don't want to get separate monitors. I'd probably only use it for the CDU, unless I can figure out which monitor to get and export the CDU to it.

A-10C - FC3 - CA - L-39 - UH1 - P-51 - Hawk - BS2 - F-86 - Gazelle - F-5E - AV8B - F/A-18C

i5-4590 - GTX 1060 - Oculus CV1 - TM:Warthog

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic9979_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Wow, thats a very nice app. Any chance you'll also make an app for android?

Based on the number of requests for it, and the fact that I want an excuse to get an android tablet... I won't commit to saying yes, but it's definitely toward the top of the list of things I'd like to do! :)

iControl DCS/DCS Virtual Cockpit - Full featured iPad Cockpit - Now with Android support!

Have a look here for new screenshots of the configuration utility:

http://www.bit-shift.com/home/icontrol-dcs/monitorconfigurationprototype

Based on the number of requests for it, and the fact that I want an excuse to get an android tablet... I won't commit to saying yes, but it's definitely toward the top of the list of things I'd like to do! :)

:cheer3nc::cheer3nc::cheer3nc:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wowzers!! I'm excited! Already have one droid tablet, this would be the perfect excuse to get another one! :) Count me in!!

I already use a few similar apps for xplane on my iPad, looks great, can't wait!! The more panels you can add, like radios, so u can easily change freqs, the better it will be. I'm in Australia, so I hope we'll see it too?

I love my iPad. Might get a 3 when released.

Simon W

http://www.youtube.com/user/id5556

http://www.xsimreviews.com

Core i7 3770k @ 4.7; GTX670 OC; Saitek X52 Pro; keyboard; mouse; screen

:prop:

Where can I find this ghost ipad app...searched apple apps store couldn't find it looking for "ghost":huh:

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

first reason to by a padled, if this hits android, no way i'm getting on apple product. but i would still need more reasons for a pad, my phone can do everything a pad could do, and pad doesnt have a keyboard... i still don't understand pads :) Happy whit my desire Z

Hi Boarder,

I've sent you a PM but no reply. Are you still around?

D.

Yes. If you haven't yet, please apply via the website by following the instructions outlined here

http://www.bit-shift.com/home/icontrol-dcs/testersneeded

We're currently not expanding the beta test yet. Patience! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Getting into the final stages of testing - Looking to submit to Apple before the end of the month most likely!

Another progress update.

Finally been able to directly integrate with the lua scripting. Causing a pretty large rewrite of how I was doing a lot of things in the server, but this will make everything much "tighter" with the simulator.

Instead of simulating key presses, we'll be switching to sending direct commands to the simulator for button/lever/etc values. This will allow for knobs and multi-value switches in the future.

This may push the release toward the end of May because it's going to require a fair amount of testing, but I think the delay will be well worth the wait.

And just to string you Android boys along even more - the mother in law has provided me with a quite generous sum of disposable income for my 30th birthday and the ASUS Transformer is looking mighty tempting!!

Aye, I'm looking for the Transformer as well. Gets me a tablet for e-book/manual/surfing/video use while at the same time replacing my netbook for productivity on the go. I'd definitely love to be able to use it as CDU scratchpad as well. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

Doing an awesome job Boarder2! Really glad to be part of your testing team, can't fly without this now. Looking forward to the major update!

"Never give in, never give in, never, never, never, never-in nothing" - Winston Churchill

Windows 7 64bit - AMD 1090T OC @ 4.02ghz NB @2.6ghz - MSI 990FXA-GD80 - 4x Geil Black Dragon 2GB 9-9-9-28 @ 1666mhz - 2x Geforce 580 GTX SLI OC @ Core 900Mhz Shaders 1800Mhz Memory 2100Mhz - Samsung 24" T240 @ 1900 x 1200 - 2 x Velicoraptor 150GB HDD - TM Warthog - Track IR 5 - Saitek Rudder Pedals - iPad & iPad2 running iControl DCS