About Bazar->Terrain->Structures->High.

Hi all.

I am not sure where to post this (either here, mods, or 3d models), so if a mod can figure it out go ahead and move it.

Anyway, I saw a mod out there, actually here by Hawg11, that removed some buildings to get better fps over cities. My problem with the mod is that IMHO it removed way too many buildings. It did however light that bulb above my head (thanks to Hawg11) and I went to the strucures->high folder and started manually removing buidings that again, IMHO, I could live without and would increase fps over the cities. Houses were the first to go, and then some others. Now, of course I made a backup and goodthing too, because I needed it.

My question is this:

Can we get a list of what buidings are what in that high folder? I would like to know what is what so that I can edit it.

There are some words in there that I do understand, and others I don't. You can take a look yourself and see that some words are common while others are probably Russian. I also don't want to assume that if I look the word up online that the file is exactly that. Maybe the one that says CAFE_CRUSH is not what I am assuming it could be.

Even though I would like to have all these buildings, I can tell you that I slow down to 7 fps when I fly over Sevastopol. I can live without houses as I am not going to set them up to be destroyed. On the other hand I am going to destroy every factory, smokestack, PP and anything that appears industrial.

I know that i can make adjustments is other areas (vis. range, textures, scenes,) but I do not want to. It takes sacrificing a little from each to get a significant improvement. Whereas removing the houses, schools,cafes and others as I choose will give a significant boost while leaving my other settings alone.

The problem with that is Med scenes removes just a touch too many while High has just too much. A list would be so helpful. So Is it possible to get a list of what the structures are? -KILSEK

Hi all.

I have been jacking with this and have found out something. I can remove structures but instead of decreasing the total amout of structures, it just duplicates the available structures. I suppose this is tied into the graphics and graphicssd files where the number of structures per km/nm is set.

This makes me think that maybe I can adjust those numbers and get a result. The problem: is there a ranking/hierarchy that says if I increase/decrease the structures number, it selects the building to add/remove?

I was right about buildings and their names. The one I have selected, I took them and placed them in a folder. I swapped them with the ones left and thats when I realized about the numbers. I had alot of duplicate long buildings(probably apartments) but things like oil tanks, air traffic towers were gone.

I think I may try removing them all and then add 1-5 at a time to see if I can figure out what is what, but man that is going to be a job. A list would sure be handy.

I don't mean to bump this so soon after I posted because I know that it may take some time to get that list. I just wanted to post the findings in case others are interested. Thanks, -KILSEK

I would be interested in this as I like all the sttings on high but struggle when low over a city.

I hope the patch fixes the popup which is the other really annoying thing

---------

System: i7-8700k @ 4.9GHz; Nvidia RTX 2080ti; 32GB (2 x 16) DDR4 @ 3333Mz Ram; ASUS ROG Strix z370-E; SSD Drive; Oculus Rift-S; Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

ED is user friendly.

Hi all and ED.

The list is right in front of me the whole time. If it was a snake it would have bit me.

You folks at ED have your stuff together. BTW, I can see why it would be hard to type such a list for a post, there are 713 structures. But someone at ED did type it out and there it is, right in the Bazar folder labeled

structuretable.

Thanks, -KILSEK.

The ideal would to have a flat structure(of only 2 polygons) that could substitute for a full building.

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]

Kilsek, i m following this thread closely, because the Result could keep my beloved Eyecandy and increase Frame rate over cities. I would favour getting the number of "normal" buildings to the half, keeping the industrial Buildings and Areas as they are. Perhaps u could create a Loman mod?

Yet another idea: what about reducing the number of trees in forest areas to the half? would help a lot with my fps. Anyone knows how to do this?

Greetings

Brati

"Helicopters can't fly; they're just so ugly the earth repels them." (THX Rich :thumbup: )

33rdsignatureimage7klmu6.jpg

the tress can be set in the graphich.cfg file - its the 1st number next to the trees line.

The structures number is more complicated as it relates to all structures (including piers , buildings , boats) - therefore reducing this number is not the way to go for buildings

---------

System: i7-8700k @ 4.9GHz; Nvidia RTX 2080ti; 32GB (2 x 16) DDR4 @ 3333Mz Ram; ASUS ROG Strix z370-E; SSD Drive; Oculus Rift-S; Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

to be honest. u would not want to delete physical files. as other ppl say why don't u increaseclipping and object number for trees . use loman gfx config editor.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Hi all.

1) I have no idea how big 2 polygon's is, but would'nt the detail be ehhh? I just re-read your post and a flat structure reminds me of F4. I would like to have all the structures in LO/FC, 3D buildings look great and I like it when they collapse.

2) I got rid of the trees along time ago, around v1.0. I appreciate your suggestion of making this a LOMAN mod. I have made adjustments in the graphics and graphicssd files so I suppose I would have to either include them or write what I did in the readme. jason_peters, I believe is correct. Now that I lowered the number of structures I lowered the number in the 2 aforementioned files from 200/10000 to 100/10000. I will tell you that you do not wnat to change the second number at all. I increased it/decreased it and the results were lots of stuttering and pop-ups. I am finding out that I need to make adjustments in many areas to get what I am looking for. That is the reason I don't think this would make a good mod. What works and is acceptable to me may not be good for others. I will share what I am learning and pass it on.

3) I did delete the files I felt I could, barely and I mean just barely, live without ;) . Just make sure to make a back-up. I have used mine quite a few time experimenting with this. I would like to use LOMAN gfx config editor but I had a bad experience with it quite awhile back. It was probably my fault, but I still cannot get myself to even click on that tab. I did use it to install my one and only mod, Swingkid's and Alfa's Merzifon base.

4) As I said there is a list of the structures in the Bazar folder, it is called StructTable. It describes the building and gives the name of the file. I particularly liked having the stat called "life". That number helped me make decisions.

FWIW, that life number really showed me that there is no lopsided advantage when it comes to Russia/NATO vehicles.

-KILSEK

Anyone try modifying the "Vis = " fields in structuretable.SHT? I have a feeling that it might be the solution to eliminating the pop-up effect of buildings and such. I tried to modify all buildings with a visibility of 3, but Lock On crashed on me.

sigzk5.jpg

I'm in the same boat as some others. High structures seems to kill my fps, where as medium isn't enough. If I could somehow get something inbetween I'd be real happy. I get good fps on high though except over the big cities maybe it dips into the low 20's so I shouldn't complain too much. But if could squeeze maybe a few more fps over the large towns I'd be really happy.

• 1 month later...
Hi all.

1) I have no idea how big 2 polygon's is, but would'nt the detail be ehhh? I just re-read your post and a flat structure reminds me of F4. I would like to have all the structures in LO/FC, 3D buildings look great and I like it when they collapse.

[-snipped-]

-KILSEK

The idea then is to find the building/structure with the lowest polygon count and substitute it that for any very complex building. It is likely that after its destruction a simple burning structure would replace it.

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]

Hi all and Hawg11.

OH no, no, no, sir. You made my day.

Hey seriously, thanks for showing that something like this is possible. I can tell you that it has helped me with battles over large cities. S! and Thanks BIGTIME. -KILSEK

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

lads, i honestly don't know what is your problem? Only think how much time u spent digging all this crap in conig. files. Would not it be easier to upgrade your PC a little, my upgrade cost me about 200 euros, but now i am flying on the highes settings in any type of weather anywhere and my fps never fall below 20. Value your time guys!!!:pilotfly:

lads, i honestly don't know what is your problem? Only think how much time u spent digging all this crap in conig. files. Would not it be easier to upgrade your PC a little, my upgrade cost me about 200 euros, but now i am flying on the highes settings in any type of weather anywhere and my fps never fall below 20. Value your time guys!!!:pilotfly:

You just revived a 3 year old thread. lol

Back then the best PC couldn't run on high.

BTW what is your system config?

"No matter where you go, there you are"

Intel E-8400 "Wolfdale" - Asus Maximus Formula - Swiftech H2O 120

4 Gb G.Skill PC2-8000C5 - EVGA 8800 GTS 512 - Dell 2707WFP

WD Caviar 500Gb - Vista 64