Destroyed target option

Guest ThomasDWeiss

Guest ThomasDWeiss

Something that would add a lot to mission building is a DESTROYED TARGET option, you add it to bridge and the mission starts with it destroyed, that would make it possible to carry damage from a mission to the next one.

Yes I think too it is a very important feature.

In the IL-2 mission editor we have that opinion and it is push so much in a mission atmosphere.

It is a must for the 1.2 or for the 1.1 patch (i think so).

• Like 1

"Fighters make movies, bombers make history."

Ooh, I love it when we all agree on something. :)

I think the easiest way to implement this would be through the "Mission Goals" button, since it's the only one that can independently designate any object on the map. Give it a third state - "SURVIVE", "DESTROY", "(destroyed)".

I wonder how often I'm going to bump this one...

-SK

Guest ThomasDWeiss

Just add an icon (with a flame) over the static object or unit and it blows up when you load the mission.

I usually put a SAU Nona in the mission and then target the bridge

• Like 1

ZoomBoy

My Flight Sims Page

- Link to My Blog - Sims and Things - DCS Stuff++

- Up-to-Speed Guides to the old Lockon A10A and Su-25T

- Some missions [needs update]

this would be sooo useful. absolutely. imagine in an intro movie u show tanks destroying a bridge and then u in mission and it starts destroyed.

• Like 1

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

When you hook the missions up as campaigns, structures stay damaged from one mission to the next anyway ... (but not units, which is a shame, but makes sense where the units are players or clients).

Such a button would be handy for setting the scene at the begining of the first mission though.

For the beginning of a mission though I've just been doing what zoomboy does & stick some armour in & blow stuff up ( a few civillian vehicles always look good ) as soon as the mission starts & before any planes get there.

• Like 1

Cheers.

Guest ThomasDWeiss

There are many ways to do this - but I like to make ten-mission packs, by the time you are near the 8th there are many targets that should have been destroyed, this would make the missions better.

Yeah same to me! I've also started an online campaign based on an russian-ukrainan conflict and now 14 missions are ready (to bad the briefings are hungarian because i'm not a good translator, so only our squad can enjoy it) and i really miss this option too. For example on the 9th mission 16 Tu-95 destroy the whole Kirovskoe and in the 10th mission Russian troops will capture the ruins of the city. It would be so awsome if the troops will enter the burned down city ,and not a fully intact one.

"Fighters make movies, bombers make history."

I decided to use my phenomenal cosmic Reputation Power to give points to anybody who replies to this thread.

3 easy, free, shiny new Reputation Points! You reading this right now, you know you want them - Just sign in and say hello!

:)

-SK

Just add an icon (with a flame) over the static object or unit and it blows up when you load the mission.

I just love it when customers teach devs how to do stuff in this manner: "just add this button here please" LOOOOOLLLLLLLL :)

P.S. I'm professional software developer...

• Like 1

LOL...Swingkid....I think that might be what's known as bribery!!

.....Mind you in this case I'm all for it!!

Hmm, what if we ALL in this thread gave reputation points to each other?

Surely, ED would HAVE to listen to us then... :)

-SK

Haha, okay Swingkid ;)

Anyway, about actual units not staying destroyed...not true. If you destroy a T-80/M1A1 in a campaign mission, its wreckage will still be there in the subsequent missions. If you splash an enemy airplane, its wreckage will be where it's pieces landed. And so on...up to and including craters (I think).

IIRC, Caretaker was working on a project that utilized some of these features a while back. No idea what's the status of that now.

sigzk5.jpg

Only said it 'cause that's what happened when I tested it...

As a test for just this I saved the same mission with 2x tv mast & 2x hummer and set start times 30 min apart, then compiled it with the utility into a campaign.

Flew the first part & blew up one hummer & 1 mast.

Went to the second part. 1 mast wrecked on the floor (though from some angles I could see another sticking up through the wreckage) 1 standing where it should be, & 2 hummers, though under 1 I could see the destroyed original (& yes you could see the marks from the cannon shells on the ground.)

Replaced the hummer with a gepard & in the second part he was quite happy to have a go at me ...

Cheers.

I decided to use my phenomenal cosmic Reputation Power to give points to anybody who replies to this thread.

3 easy, free, shiny new Reputation Points! You reading this right now, you know you want them - Just sign in and say hello!

-SK

You didn't give me any rep.

-SK

Hello!

I also think the option to have destroyed objects is ESSENTIAL for any new title.

Now can I have my points please.....I NEED them! :biggrin:

-JJ.

• Like 1

JJ