Question on Mav lockon

bloomstomb

OK I have been doing the tutorials as well as looking in the manual. No real problems. Was able to do everything the flight instructor asked.

Here is the question I have.

I find it much easier to just locate the target through the targeting pod, then point my camera at it, track it and slave everything to that point. I then go into the maveric camera and slave the maveric camera to that exact point. However it does not lock on , even pointing directly at it. What I have to do then is to move the maveric camera around a little to get a lock. Is there a way to get a lock on it, with the maveric camera looking directly at the target without slewing? Because I really dont have to slew since target is right in the middle of the crosshairs.

• Like 1

Yeah I only found out that you could lock it using TMS UP Short a few days ago. Before then I was doing it exactly as you described it, which works but isn't that easy.

Oli 'Scarecrow' Lusk

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Intel Core i7 3930K @ 4.20Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Extreme Motherboard

16GB DDR3 RAM

EVGA Geforce GTX 680 4GB

Um there shouldn't be TMS Up/Down....

Corresponds with the position on the Hog-stick. It does not move forward/aft, but rather Up or Down. Rather confusing at times :)

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'