Easy Monitor Configurator

icemaker

Sorted it. With a bit of going back and forth I got SofTH reinstalled then used easy monitor config to export the panels to the second screen in full screen.

I also disabled the in-cockpit Shkval and ABRIS as these are now on my second monitor for a small FPS boost I hope.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checking in...I used this on my other pit to configure the MFD and it worked awesome. I'm starting to build another pit and in the Helios documentation it mentioned the the EMC wasn't working with the latest version of DCS world. Is this true?

Coder - Oculus Rift Guy - Court Jester

Got you more Info what shouldn't working besides the Installer 'hiccup'?

Sorry but this issue was known.

It's not EMC but Installshield that makes EMC loop opening paypal link.

If you launch EMC alone no problem at all, it only occurs when you check "Start program after installation".

ED has changed default DCS World Registry paths since they introduced the Module Manager, so i had to look how they manage the paths in latest version, then i'll release a new version of EMC with this new path management.

I have low free time this days so, i can't give a release date.

Stay tuned.

@icemaker:

(mes excuses si tu t'es déjà prononcé sur le sujet) Pourquoi pas passer en open source, sur GitHub par exemple ? On pourrait te donner un coup de main, surtout pour des trivialités comme le chemin dans la BDR.

Tu n'aurais plus qu'à checker les pull requests, et à refaire un build de temps en temps :beer:

Puis quand le prochain problème arrivera, le premier à avoir un peu de temps libre sous la main pourra directement mettre la main à la pâte. Enfin, mais ça n'engage que moi, c'est toujours mieux d'être plusieurs sur la même source, ça aide à garder une vue d'ensemble, et tout le "sal boulot", comme mettre de l'ordre, traduire, refactoriser tel ou tel bout de code, est partagé.

Et on ne sait jamais avec quelles nouveauté / bonne idée les gens peuvent arriver ;)

Au passage, pour récupérer le chemin, j'utilise cette clef:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Path

Ceci dit, il y a toujours un fou furieux qui a plusieurs installs de DCS, donc qu'est-ce que tu dirais d'une petite "input box" avec un bouton "browse" à côté ? Le chemin détecté dans la BDR s'affiche par défaut, et le gars qui veut en mettre un autre à la place sera libre de le faire. C'est une requête que j'ai eu avec les TDC pour le TDCSKI, donc, pourquoi pas ...

I installed the latest DCS Update today and after that my exported Screens did not work anymore (of course). Since EMC is currently not running, I tried to figure out what EMC is doing. My Monitor Config LUA was still there, so I just had to do the background stuff EMC does. Thanks to the good file structure within the EMC folder, I was able to find out where I need to put some LUA files and now my exported Monitors work again.

The only problem I have right now: Within EMC there was an option to disable the SHKVAL and MFCDs in the Cockpit when you export them. This saves quite some frames on my system. The problem now is: I cannot find out in which of the LUA files I need to change something to not have DCS render these screens twice.

I ask this question here, because I´m using the LUA files from EMC now and I hope to get help. Maybe it´s just a single value I need to change, but I cannot find it :-(

I also want to add something: Thank you very much for this great tool. After fiddling around for hours now to get everything back up running and seeing what changes you made to some of the LUA files, my mind is blown. Not only did you write a fantastic GUI to easily place and resize the exported screens, but also you changed quite a lot in the default LUA files. That´s quite impressive! :thumbup:

Wait... you say it works?

I´ve just read the last post from icemaker who says that it doesn´t. To not break anything, I did not touch EMC yesterday and fiddled around with the LUA files for 4 hours or so. :doh:

Dammit.. :music_whistling:

I can confirm that. It still works. I don´t know what icemaker meant, maybe the Installation of the Tool itself which is not working because of some Registry Keys changed?

I cannot believe that I spent so many hours yesterday configuring everything by hand. On the other hand I now know what´s going on behind the scenes and I´m even more grateful that EMC exists :thumbup:

At least you had a good laugh (I can laugh about myself, so it´s OK by the way) :smilewink:

And thanks for mentioning that the tool still works. That might help others at least... for me it was too late :music_whistling:

it does work if you have not changed anything just done the update, unfortunately I also had to reinstall and now EMC will not work on my system. its not a big issue as I always save all so was able to just swap files to get exports but its nice to be able to do it on the fly with EMC.

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

I'm having problems with the configurator. First off, thanks Icemaker for putting in the effort and time to produce this utility. Secondly, I'm not seeing the export tabs, just the misc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ryzen9 5800X3D, Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite, 32Gb Gskill Trident DDR4 3600 CL16, Samsung 990 Pr0 1Tb Nvme Gen4, Evo860 1Tb 2.5 SSD and Team 1Tb 2.5 SSD, MSI Suprim X RTX4090 , Corsair h115i Platinum AIO, NZXT H710i case, Seasonic Focus 850W psu, Gigabyte Aorus AD27QHD Gsync 1ms IPS 2k monitor 144Mhz, Track ir4, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate w/extension, Virpil T50 CM3 Throttle, Saitek terrible pedals, RiftS

• 4 weeks later...
I'm having problems with the configurator. First off, thanks Icemaker for putting in the effort and time to produce this utility. Secondly, I'm not seeing the export tabs, just the misc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I can see the export tabs, but DCS doesnt recognize the exported lua file anymore. Have tried a bunch of stuff but as soon as i export the file using EMC, DCS doesnt recognisze it.

I am also running dual monitors and hope to use helios on the right monitor. So far no luck on getting anything to show on the right monitor though. No MFD's or anything.

Can anyone point me to a working 2 monitor LUA file so I can see where mine is wrong? Anything which actually has a working mfd on the right screen would be great.

Edited by Nism0

• 1 month later...

Thank you DCS for breaking all our mods. They Started out building only realistic simulators, Claiming to be military grade. Now I see another gaming platform. All these updates are just adding crap to the game, No good Textures or new Maps. The ground and buildings are Horrible and they add things like a module manger.

The mission builder improvements are good, but DCS is getting so slow that I'll have to buy a faster PC just to fly.

Issue Report: MFCD not rendering

I'm working on a software that will allow you to configure indicators form DCS in an easy way.

DCSW version: 1.2.5.16508

Description: After click "Install LUA file" button, the MFCD will not render in virtual cockpit,

I have to edit this file manually to make MFCD work again:

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\A-10C\Cockpit\Scripts\MFCD\indicator\MFCD_init.lua

change line 15,16 from

render_target_always = false
  purposes      = {render_purpose.HUD_ONLY_VIEW}

to

render_target_always = false
  purposes      = {[b]render_purpose.GENERAL[/b],render_purpose.HUD_ONLY_VIEW}

I hope icemaker can have a patch on this, or if EMC open sourced the whole community can submit the patches. :smilewink:

Edited by overpro

overpro = I'm not good at Nintendo Mario and always get "Game over" pretty fast, so over~~pro

• 2 weeks later...

I am having no problems on DCS world 126. It also worked fine on 125 for me. I found if I did a re-install or other major changes/updates to DCS I had to make sure my desired monitor setup LUA was re selected on first restart of EMC and click Install files and save (if it didnt already ask you). This essentially seems to reinitialize the files and corrects any lost setting/files during the re-install. The only problem or bug is the acknowledged bug on initial install, with the paypal window opening multiple instances (no big deal....only happens once. Dont use start after install).

Great program Icemaker, hope you can get some time to add other modules.

Cheers :)

Edited by Macka

There we were....two against a thousand.....so what'd we do....Shotem' both!!!!

Intel core I5-9600, GB RTX 2080TI@2050Mhz, Asus ROG Strix Z390, 32GB G.Skill ddr4 3000 Ram. 40" Philips 4K monitor, HP Reverb, Vive Pro, Rift CV1, TMWH and SimXperience Motion Sim, Lime green jocks, Jack Daniels 1770, 2 packs Marlborough, etc etc etc...:megalol:

Hi all ,

I didn't read all the 28 pages of this topic so please excuse me if i ask something wich has been asked before...

EMC seems to be broken with DCS 1.2.6 (for exemple, for KA-50, i don't set anything about the Schkval, but in game, there is a new window for it and it is disabled in my cockpit...)

so i would like to know : is there anyway to manually configure the position of my Kneeboard in a monitorscript.LUA ?

I succed to set a good position for my Abris, but i don't know what syntax is needed for the Kneeboard...

My purpose is to set my Kneeboard on my Abris, (exactly at the same position) to have a common monitor setup for my KA-50, my Huey and my MI-8. By that way, i could have my Abris in my KA-50 without activating the Kneeboard, and as there is no Abris in Huey or MI-8 i would just activate my Kneeboard at the same place.

Do you think it's possible ?