my first lo:fc issue

I never ever got a bug in lomac...graphical related.

I did always update my driver cleanly and properly.

I did the same procedure installed cat 5.7.

I was playing the su-25 T start mission.

I was kinda training on spotting targets by eye...so I was toggling the labels on and off.

then suddenly in external view.....sound went off...NO SOUND.

back in cockpit no sound. back external no sound...cockpit sound returns.

then again external thinking some small issue...no sound...then back to cockpit and I see now inside cockpit through the glass in front of me ...IN SKY flickering TREE textures half transparent IN AIR.

mountains of wierd tex flickering in FRONT AIR.

my video card DID NOT OVERHEAT. I have arctic silencer I for the card.

any one else have this issue???

I just removed cat 5.7 and going back to 5.6.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

could someone please explain whats so great about these omegas? considering they are based on reference ATi drivers, what are the advantages? never had issues with any stock ATi drivers, so they're something i've never tried

The guy that makes them (Omega) is an official ATI beta tester. He takes the stock ATI and Nvidia driver files, tweaks it to optimise performance, and packages them with custom control and tweaking/ overclocking tools that the stock driver doesn't come with. From what's said I get the impression that his work is approved of (but not supported) by ATI. Don't know if he has similar connections with Nvidia.

I first started using his drivers when I had an Nvidia FX5600 and was desperate for any performance improvement I could get. I was completely blown away by how much I was able to improve my systems performance using his drivers, so when I upgraded to an ATI 9800Pro, I stuck with him. I've never used stock ATI drivers.

Yes there is a bug in the sound engine, I've come accross that as well. Usually it comes back though if I switch to external view and then back to the pit. BTW you don't need labels for the SU25 quick action mission. The targets are visible if you look for the blinking black dots.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

well...I don;t know...I don't see any blinking dots from around 12 nm. so to know the general area of target I was trying to train myself to use no labels.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Yeah I started off using labels but you will find at the start of that mission that there are two rows of targets. The first row is M60 tanks and the second is M113 APCs. The targets are directly in front of you, in a wide open field. Theres also a pair of Blackhawks flying around as well. I usually fire my laser guided missiles first at the M60s, followed by cluster bombs and then use cannon for the M113s.

[sIGPIC]2011subsRADM.jpg

[/sIGPIC]

Guest EVIL-SCOTSMAN
hmm good info Jester - anybody use the Omegas for invidia regarding LO/Flaming Cliffs - never used these myself.

Ya, ive tried omegas a few times for nvidia, and on every single occasion they made the situation worse than official nvidia drivers, dont know bout anyone else but I r staying clear of omega drivers as they are a pain in the butt to install and once when the installation went wrong i spent hours tryin to fix it and get the normal drivers to work again. Thats just my personal opinion and experience, a few buddies also have had bad probs with nvidia omegas, cudnt tell u about the ati ones tho...

I guess first thing now is to perfect myself to use those tips to locate targets. then its going to be fun. its no fun playing lomac with labels.

thanx for the tips guys. :)